The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Clear bladder!

Forums General Melanoma Community Clear bladder!

Participant

Cystoscopy was clear today!!!!  The Doctor was as excited as I was.  It's now been 23 months since the original bladder tumor was found – I do know now that it had been there for many months. Next tumor showed up 4 months later and another surgery.  Just as they decided to do a wide excision my urology oncologist just decided that he knew my quality of life would be impaired with running to the bathroom every 30 min. or so. There was talk about taking the bladder and he decided to take 10 biopsies between and around the 2 tumor sites.

Cystoscopy was clear today!!!!  The Doctor was as excited as I was.  It's now been 23 months since the original bladder tumor was found – I do know now that it had been there for many months. Next tumor showed up 4 months later and another surgery.  Just as they decided to do a wide excision my urology oncologist just decided that he knew my quality of life would be impaired with running to the bathroom every 30 min. or so. There was talk about taking the bladder and he decided to take 10 biopsies between and around the 2 tumor sites. All was clear!!!  It's been 18 months that the bladder has been clear. Thank you Dr. Gaston for your insight and care.   He told me he has another patient now with mel in the bladder.

Now I am hoping for next Tuesday's PET/CT to have the same good results!

Linda

Stage IV since 06

lung nodule being watched

Loading spinner
Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Replies
      KellieSue
      Participant

So happy the scan was clean!!! Yippeee!!! What great news.

Here's hoping your PET scan is just as clean.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV since June 2008

Loading spinner
      KellieSue
      Participant

So happy the scan was clean!!! Yippeee!!! What great news.

Here's hoping your PET scan is just as clean.

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV since June 2008

Loading spinner
      NicOz
      Participant

With all this *happy dancing* going on, I'll lose the steroid weight in no time- thanks Linda! Fantastic news xxx Will be crossing everything possible for next week too, hun heart

Loading spinner
      NicOz
      Participant

With all this *happy dancing* going on, I'll lose the steroid weight in no time- thanks Linda! Fantastic news xxx Will be crossing everything possible for next week too, hun heart

Loading spinner
      debbieVA
      Participant

LINDA~!!!!!!

SURVIVOR OF THE DAY AWARD goes to YOU!  So happy to hear your good news….Keep on fighting!  Best of luck with your scans…..I got the SCANXIETY thing going too.  Scheduled for Feb 24th/ and results Feb 28th/.  

Love …

Debbie Stage 4 NED

Loading spinner
      debbieVA
      Participant

LINDA~!!!!!!

SURVIVOR OF THE DAY AWARD goes to YOU!  So happy to hear your good news….Keep on fighting!  Best of luck with your scans…..I got the SCANXIETY thing going too.  Scheduled for Feb 24th/ and results Feb 28th/.  

Love …

Debbie Stage 4 NED

Loading spinner
        lhaley
        Participant

Debbie,

I will get my results next week immediately after the scans!!  PET/CT is at 9:30 and our appointment is at 1:30.  I've been told that my oncologist won't do it any other way.  At least I won't have the additional wait!! 

I wish you the best my friend! You are an IL2 Diva!!  Sending positive vibes!!

Loading spinner
        lhaley
        Participant

Debbie,

I will get my results next week immediately after the scans!!  PET/CT is at 9:30 and our appointment is at 1:30.  I've been told that my oncologist won't do it any other way.  At least I won't have the additional wait!! 

I wish you the best my friend! You are an IL2 Diva!!  Sending positive vibes!!

Loading spinner
      JakeinNY
      Participant

Congratulations Linda.

Keep your immune system strong…feed your body, mind, and spirit.

Best wishes for a long life.

Loading spinner
      JakeinNY
      Participant

Congratulations Linda.

Keep your immune system strong…feed your body, mind, and spirit.

Best wishes for a long life.

Loading spinner
      KatyWI
      Participant

All right!  Keep the good news coming…

KatyWI

Loading spinner
      KatyWI
      Participant

All right!  Keep the good news coming…

KatyWI

Loading spinner

Yahoo!  Linda I am so excited for you.  This is fantastic news, way to go!

I will be holding you in my prayers next week as you go for you PET/CT scan.  What a wonderful doctor to want to meet with you the same day.  Wow! 

Keep dancing through all of the anxiety time.  It will pass the waiting time quickly.

Blessings,

Shelly

Loading spinner

Yahoo!  Linda I am so excited for you.  This is fantastic news, way to go!

I will be holding you in my prayers next week as you go for you PET/CT scan.  What a wonderful doctor to want to meet with you the same day.  Wow! 

Keep dancing through all of the anxiety time.  It will pass the waiting time quickly.

Blessings,

Shelly

Loading spinner
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Dear Linda,

Really great news! Glad the cystoscopy was clear. I am so impressed that your doctor thought about your quality of life and did the biopsies. I cant even imagine how they did all that! Wishing you continued good luck with your upcoming scans.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, just finished 4th infusion of Ipi

Loading spinner
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Dear Linda,

Really great news! Glad the cystoscopy was clear. I am so impressed that your doctor thought about your quality of life and did the biopsies. I cant even imagine how they did all that! Wishing you continued good luck with your upcoming scans.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, just finished 4th infusion of Ipi

Loading spinner
      King
      Participant

Linda,

This is great news!  Love to hear it!

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Loading spinner
      King
      Participant

Linda,

This is great news!  Love to hear it!

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Loading spinner
      Sherron
      Participant

oh wow, Linda, I am so happy for you…….what great news!

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Loading spinner
      Sherron
      Participant

oh wow, Linda, I am so happy for you…….what great news!

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Loading spinner
      Amy Busby
      Participant

I'm SO glad to here the bladder is still ok.  What a relief!  Thinging of you, even though I am not online very much lately!

Love,

Amy

Loading spinner
      Amy Busby
      Participant

I'm SO glad to here the bladder is still ok.  What a relief!  Thinging of you, even though I am not online very much lately!

Love,

Amy

Loading spinner
      vivian
      Participant

Linda,

This is great news!!!  Keep up the good work and ace that scan on Tuesday as well.

Hugs,

Vivian

Loading spinner
      vivian
      Participant

Linda,

This is great news!!!  Keep up the good work and ace that scan on Tuesday as well.

Hugs,

Vivian

Loading spinner
      Suzan AB
      Participant

Hello Linda!

Congrats on having a clean bladder!  Whoopee…doing the happy dance…deedummdeee…Let's keep it going…More good news for all of us Warrior's of the Beast!  Talk to you soon, my friend…

Suzan AB

Stage IV

Frickin lung nodes…VATS vs. biopsy discussion on Monday…

Loading spinner
      Suzan AB
      Participant

Hello Linda!

Congrats on having a clean bladder!  Whoopee…doing the happy dance…deedummdeee…Let's keep it going…More good news for all of us Warrior's of the Beast!  Talk to you soon, my friend…

Suzan AB

Stage IV

Frickin lung nodes…VATS vs. biopsy discussion on Monday…

Loading spinner
      NicOz
      Participant

It is always nice to see some good news. I hope it keeps coming for you

Loading spinner
      NicOz
      Participant

It is always nice to see some good news. I hope it keeps coming for you

Loading spinner
      Suzan AB
      Participant

I am thinking of you today Linda, my Southern Melanoma Belle.  My your scans be clear…call me…Sending you plenty of good juejuejue….

Suz AB

Loading spinner
      Suzan AB
      Participant

I am thinking of you today Linda, my Southern Melanoma Belle.  My your scans be clear…call me…Sending you plenty of good juejuejue….

Suz AB

Loading spinner
Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.