The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Checking in from the NIH.

Forums General Melanoma Community Checking in from the NIH.

Participant

Well' I'm here again for my monthly scans. Flew in last night. I've got about an hour before my brain MRI and CTscan, so thought I'd come up to the library and say hello. Not much new to update on. Still just working a bit, staying busy and enjoying the free time. Still optimistic… but a little anxious about these results, we'll see what they reveal. I talk to the doctors tomorrow and hopefully fly home soon after that. If I get some good news, I'll let you all know soon as I can. I hope everyone is doing ok. I'll talk to you soon.

Well' I'm here again for my monthly scans. Flew in last night. I've got about an hour before my brain MRI and CTscan, so thought I'd come up to the library and say hello. Not much new to update on. Still just working a bit, staying busy and enjoying the free time. Still optimistic… but a little anxious about these results, we'll see what they reveal. I talk to the doctors tomorrow and hopefully fly home soon after that. If I get some good news, I'll let you all know soon as I can. I hope everyone is doing ok. I'll talk to you soon.

(fingers crossed)
      -Kevin

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        lhaley
        Participant

Kevin,

Your probably getting your tests as I type. Thinking of you and having my fingers crossed also!!

Linda

lhaley
          Participant

Kevin,

Your probably getting your tests as I type. Thinking of you and having my fingers crossed also!!

Linda

Surrounding you with love and light,

Shelly in Switzerland

Surrounding you with love and light,

Shelly in Switzerland

dian in spokane
            Participant

keeping my fingers crossed for you! hope you can give us good luck soon!

dian in spokane
              Participant

keeping my fingers crossed for you! hope you can give us good luck soon!

mom3girlsFL
                Participant

Just went through scans last week and had great news – I wish the same for you!!!

🙂 Laurie

mom3girlsFL
                  Participant

Just went through scans last week and had great news – I wish the same for you!!!

🙂 Laurie

James from Sydney
                    Participant

Hi Kevin

i have every finger and toe crossed, i look forward to your good news!

best wishes

James

Laurie from maine
                        Participant

Fingers and toes crossed up in maine also for you.  Strong prayers to. Have been wondering how you were doing.  Scans are so tough – anxiousness while waiting for scan time and then the wait after. 

take care

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                          Participant

Fingers and toes crossed up in maine also for you.  Strong prayers to. Have been wondering how you were doing.  Scans are so tough – anxiousness while waiting for scan time and then the wait after. 

take care

laurie from maine

James from Sydney
                          Participant

Hi Kevin

i have every finger and toe crossed, i look forward to your good news!

best wishes

James

LynnLuc
                            Participant

Best hopes for great scans! I had mine on March 15 with blood tests and apheresis because I finished the immunotherapy trial at Moffitt. Now all I do is get booster IV's of MDX 1106 every 3 months and scans.

Doc says all clear and no evidence of disease and congratulated me and said he would see me in 12 weeks…it's kind of scary because I have always seen my oncologists about every 3 or 4 weeks for the past 2 years…now I have begun working again and those appointments seem so far away!- Keep fighting! Lynn

LynnLuc
                              Participant

Best hopes for great scans! I had mine on March 15 with blood tests and apheresis because I finished the immunotherapy trial at Moffitt. Now all I do is get booster IV's of MDX 1106 every 3 months and scans.

Doc says all clear and no evidence of disease and congratulated me and said he would see me in 12 weeks…it's kind of scary because I have always seen my oncologists about every 3 or 4 weeks for the past 2 years…now I have begun working again and those appointments seem so far away!- Keep fighting! Lynn

Fen
                                Participant

Keeping every appendage crossed and praying like the dickens!  Post when you feel like it.

fen

Fen
                                  Participant

Keeping every appendage crossed and praying like the dickens!  Post when you feel like it.

fen

jag
                                    Participant

Good Luck Kevin!

Me and my old possum got our eyes crossed for you.

jag
                                      Participant

Good Luck Kevin!

Me and my old possum got our eyes crossed for you.

Rebecca and Bob
                                        Participant

Saying a prayer for you tonight that you get great news tomorrow. We are due at NIH next week, so the anxiety is setting in at our house.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                          Participant

Saying a prayer for you tonight that you get great news tomorrow. We are due at NIH next week, so the anxiety is setting in at our house.

Rebecca

Rocklove
                                            Participant

We got you covered with crossed fingers. But I wanted add some positive thoughts and prayers on top of that. We are certainly cheering for great scans.

Good Luck to You…. Let us know.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

Rocklove
                                              Participant

We got you covered with crossed fingers. But I wanted add some positive thoughts and prayers on top of that. We are certainly cheering for great scans.

Good Luck to You…. Let us know.

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

ValinMtl
                                                Participant

Count me in, also praying for good results for you today. Val

ValinMtl
                                                  Participant

Count me in, also praying for good results for you today. Val

skysar
                                                    Participant

Kevin:

Prayers to you..I will be at MDA next week for my scans and then to determine if I go the TIL route.  Take care.

Sue 

Hotlanta

skysar
                                                      Participant

Kevin:

Prayers to you..I will be at MDA next week for my scans and then to determine if I go the TIL route.  Take care.

Sue 

Hotlanta

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics