The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Checking In

Forums General Melanoma Community Checking In

Participant

I haven't posted lately but Lynn is in his 7th month on Zelobraf.  He had scans in November it showed some shrinkage and some growth his Dr. said he considers him to be stable. Blood work is good. Some side effects lost lots of hair has some joint pain. Overall he's doing pretty good.  Our main problem is the appetite and weight loss. He lost so much weight after WBR and has never been able to gain it back.  If anyone has any suggestion I sure would be thankful. We are at the point he feels bad about the way he looks.

I haven't posted lately but Lynn is in his 7th month on Zelobraf.  He had scans in November it showed some shrinkage and some growth his Dr. said he considers him to be stable. Blood work is good. Some side effects lost lots of hair has some joint pain. Overall he's doing pretty good.  Our main problem is the appetite and weight loss. He lost so much weight after WBR and has never been able to gain it back.  If anyone has any suggestion I sure would be thankful. We are at the point he feels bad about the way he looks. I check on y'all daily and pray for each of you.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          So glad to hear Lynn is stable but sorry you’re still struggling with this. Did you ever ask your doc to try Megace ES? I still take it off and on when I realize I’m not really eating dinner anymore. Zel still makes some things taste funny, but the things I like I will eat more of.

Thanks for those prayers. Tina D is needing some – there is a post.

awillett1991
          Participant
            So glad to hear Lynn is stable but sorry you’re still struggling with this. Did you ever ask your doc to try Megace ES? I still take it off and on when I realize I’m not really eating dinner anymore. Zel still makes some things taste funny, but the things I like I will eat more of.

NYKaren
              Participant
                Hi,
                Sorry I can’t help in the appetite dept. but I’m glad to hear Lynn’s stable.
                Karen
                NYKaren
                Participant
                  Hi,
                  Karen
                  NYKaren
                  Participant
                    Hi,
                    Karen
                    bikerwife
                    Participant

Thank you. I will ask the Dr. this week we go for a check up.  He eats lots of things he likes hot wings ten times a week. Not that much. I saw the post about Tina sending prayers her way. 

bikerwife
                      Participant

Thank you. I will ask the Dr. this week we go for a check up.  He eats lots of things he likes hot wings ten times a week. Not that much. I saw the post about Tina sending prayers her way. 

bikerwife
                        Participant

awillett1991
                        Participant

triciad
                          Participant

Sending prayers your way!  I had appetite/loss of taste issues with Interferon.  I know that is nothing compared to what Lynn is going through, but I found that whatever I could stomach, I did.  Sara Lee poundcake and Slurpees come to mind.  I also enjoyed things with lemon.  Perhaps if you can find a spice/taste he can tolertate…you can run with it.  Good luck!

Tricia

triciad
                            Participant

Sending prayers your way!  I had appetite/loss of taste issues with Interferon.  I know that is nothing compared to what Lynn is going through, but I found that whatever I could stomach, I did.  Sara Lee poundcake and Slurpees come to mind.  I also enjoyed things with lemon.  Perhaps if you can find a spice/taste he can tolertate…you can run with it.  Good luck!

Tricia

triciad
                              Participant

Tricia

Reneezd
                                Participant

Homemade smoothies with protein powder, greens, and lots of fruit!  They will look an odd color with the greens but you don't taste it!  But a good protein powder or it will be chalky, I think I have a whey protein!

Reneezd
                                  Participant

Homemade smoothies with protein powder, greens, and lots of fruit!  They will look an odd color with the greens but you don't taste it!  But a good protein powder or it will be chalky, I think I have a whey protein!

Reneezd
                                    Participant

madeclaire
                                      Participant

Try a product called scandishake.  You can find it online.  Mixed with milk or soy milk it will add 600 calories to his diet and it's tasty.  Not really sure how nutritional it is though.  Good luck

madeclaire
                                        Participant

Try a product called scandishake.  You can find it online.  Mixed with milk or soy milk it will add 600 calories to his diet and it's tasty.  Not really sure how nutritional it is though.  Good luck

madeclaire
                                          Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics