The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Checking In!

Forums General Melanoma Community Checking In!

Participant
      Hey Warriors!

Its been a minute (or two)! I just wanted to check-in and let you all know that I remain NED (now over a year and a half!) and I am coming to the end of my 2 year Pembro protocol, I completed round 31 last week and have only 3 more rounds to complete the full trial. No new complaints and in fact with my new Crossfit regimen I think the joint pain has actually decreased. I recently went up to Knoxville TN to personally thank the shareholders at the Provectus shareholder meeting for investing in the company and for helping to create PV-10 (the part of the trial that I still fully believe was responsible for my quick response to treatment). The people from Provectus were great and I wanted them to know that they saved my life. Thanking them still seems so inadequate and I hope they have tremendous success bringing PV-10 to the masses (pun intended). If any of you are eligible for a clinical trial with PV-10 I really encourage you to consider it!

I feel a little embarrassed as so much time has passed since I last visited and checked-in with you all. I truly hope that this finds each and every one of you prevailing in this battle. As most of you who have been around this forum for awhile know, I’m a huge believer in the mental aspect of this battle and treating it like war. So, at the risk of repeating myself as I have many times here. Warrior On! Keep taking the fight to the enemy every single day in any way that you can. Many wise people on here have stated that living life as best you can, doing things for you, and being kind to yourself is some of the best medicine. You all remain faithfully in my prayers and although I may come and go in this forum please know that you are also in my thoughts.

Warrior On!
      Tex

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        jbronicki
        Participant
          Great to “hear” your voice Tex! So glad you continue on the NED path! So happy for you. I liked the pun 🙂
          jrtufo
          Participant
            NED is one of the most beautiful phrases…Warrior indeed!
            Sabrina Matchulat
            Participant
              Good for you! Keep up the fight! Prayers!
              MelMel
              Participant
                Terrific news and may the NED status continue indefinitely!
                Best wishes from one warrior to another.
                Melanie
                lkb
                Participant
                  Keep on rockin’ the NED!
                  MelanomaMike
                  Participant
                    Yeeha! Good news brother Tex, ill send you an update on my latest health situation, been awhile since i wrote and im sorry, its good to hear your still doing good though!! I
                Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics