The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Celestial blog

Forums General Melanoma Community Celestial blog

Participant

I love celeste's blog. I can't comment on it as I don't have a google account. Recently she posted a fun piece sharing the frustration of bullies, be they the conventional medicine or homeopathic type. 

I don't want to start an either/or debate. There have been so many. 

I am so lucky to have common sense doctors who give me the very latest medical science has to offer and are still fine with my seeing psychics and native Indian spiritualists, as they say they don't care who cures me as long as I am cured. 

Anyone who does not see the time and effort, intelligence, logic and expertise in celeste's excellent(free) blog, or her contributions here, is sadly missing the most informed help they could get. 

Thanks celeste!!

ps finally started remicade yesterday for the Pembro induced ankylosis spondyloarthritis and hoping for the best. Pet scan end of April but feelin good!!

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mat
        Participant

I couldn't agree more.  Celeste's blog is required reading for every Stage IV patient.  If you're not reading her blog, you're not doing all you can to stay informed (and occasionally be entertained–wink).  Glad to hear that you're otherwise doing well.

Mat
          Participant

I couldn't agree more.  Celeste's blog is required reading for every Stage IV patient.  If you're not reading her blog, you're not doing all you can to stay informed (and occasionally be entertained–wink).  Glad to hear that you're otherwise doing well.

Mat
            Participant

vickiaa0529
              Participant

Is there a link to the blog?

thanks 

vickiaa0529
                Participant

thanks 

vickiaa0529
                  Participant

thanks 

Ninniditti
                    Participant

I agree! I have got a lot of information in her blog wich I have not found elsewhere. My oncologist is always interested to discuss what i have read. Thank you Celeste!

Ninniditti
                      Participant

I agree! I have got a lot of information in her blog wich I have not found elsewhere. My oncologist is always interested to discuss what i have read. Thank you Celeste!

Ninniditti
                        Participant

DZnDef
                          Participant

I agree that Celeste is an invaluable asset to this site.  Anyone interested in the latest and greatest that modern medicine has on offer is well served by being a regular reader of her blog.

DZnDef
                            Participant

I agree that Celeste is an invaluable asset to this site.  Anyone interested in the latest and greatest that modern medicine has on offer is well served by being a regular reader of her blog.

DZnDef
                              Participant

Bubbles
                                Participant

Thanks, guys.  You were sweet to say those things.  I figure I have access to some articles others do not and…perhaps…the ability to make medical jargon a bit more comprehensible.  Plus…like Ed…I think I'm funny!!  Glad some of you do too. And, Mags!!!  You should actually read my blog sometime.  If anything has been studied in relation to melanoma…it's on there.  Besides in the "medical" world…we have PV10 (a dye, Rose Bengal, that is being used to treat melanoma) as well as Vincristine, a plant alkaloid (from the periwinkle) that has saved the lives of those with leukemia, Hodgkin's and Wilms' tumor to name a few.  On my blog I cover coffee and curcumin.  AND there's data.  Real live studies with real live data!  Check it: 

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2014/02/for-melanomaeat-that-curryagain-we-just.html

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2013/07/everything-cures-melanomaso-why-do-we.html

And that's just a bit!  Enjoy!!

But more importantly, Jubes…Are you really feeling well?  I know it is super early….but are your arthralgias feeling any better?  Just hoping!!!  Hang in there.

Best wishes to all of you…c

Bubbles
                                  Participant

Thanks, guys.  You were sweet to say those things.  I figure I have access to some articles others do not and…perhaps…the ability to make medical jargon a bit more comprehensible.  Plus…like Ed…I think I'm funny!!  Glad some of you do too. And, Mags!!!  You should actually read my blog sometime.  If anything has been studied in relation to melanoma…it's on there.  Besides in the "medical" world…we have PV10 (a dye, Rose Bengal, that is being used to treat melanoma) as well as Vincristine, a plant alkaloid (from the periwinkle) that has saved the lives of those with leukemia, Hodgkin's and Wilms' tumor to name a few.  On my blog I cover coffee and curcumin.  AND there's data.  Real live studies with real live data!  Check it: 

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2014/02/for-melanomaeat-that-curryagain-we-just.html

http://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2013/07/everything-cures-melanomaso-why-do-we.html

But more importantly, Jubes…Are you really feeling well?  I know it is super early….but are your arthralgias feeling any better?  Just hoping!!!  Hang in there.

DZnDef
                                      Participant

I do read your blog, Celeste.  That's why I recommended it to others above.  You provide excellent commentary and summarize very well the salient points in various studies.  This is vital information for anyone dealing with melanoma.

DZnDef
                                        Participant

I do read your blog, Celeste.  That's why I recommended it to others above.  You provide excellent commentary and summarize very well the salient points in various studies.  This is vital information for anyone dealing with melanoma.

DZnDef
                                          Participant

Jubes
                                            Participant

It's only 4 days since infusion but already feeling better. If it weren't for you celeste I would not have been brave enough to insist on remicade. I emailed dr Weber and he said it was a reasonable treatment in my case ๐Ÿ™‚

so hsnks so much!

Jubes
                                              Participant

It's only 4 days since infusion but already feeling better. If it weren't for you celeste I would not have been brave enough to insist on remicade. I emailed dr Weber and he said it was a reasonable treatment in my case ๐Ÿ™‚

so hsnks so much!

Bubbles
                                                Participant

Oh, that's wonderful, Jubes!  You certainly deserve some relief.  Hope the improvements continue to grow!!  You just found your own path in a methodical manner.  We all get where we need to go one way or another.  wishing you well….c

Bubbles
                                                  Participant

Oh, that's wonderful, Jubes!  You certainly deserve some relief.  Hope the improvements continue to grow!!  You just found your own path in a methodical manner.  We all get where we need to go one way or another.  wishing you well….c

Bubbles
                                                    Participant

Jubes
                                                      Participant

so hsnks so much!

Bubbles
                                                      Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics