The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

CarolB needs your prayers!

Forums General Melanoma Community CarolB needs your prayers!

Participant

Carolb's sister-in-law posted this on Melanoma Prayer Center's wall less than 25 minutes ago:

brother just posted this…AT 10:35 her BP was79/65, at 10:45 it dropped to 61/22, at 10:55 it dropped to 48/30, they put her oxygen back on her and now at 11:00 its 51/27

Please lift her up.

Lord, in Your mercy, we lift CarolB to You. See her thru this and hold her family. Amen.

Carolb's sister-in-law posted this on Melanoma Prayer Center's wall less than 25 minutes ago:

brother just posted this…AT 10:35 her BP was79/65, at 10:45 it dropped to 61/22, at 10:55 it dropped to 48/30, they put her oxygen back on her and now at 11:00 its 51/27

Please lift her up.

Lord, in Your mercy, we lift CarolB to You. See her thru this and hold her family. Amen.

Grace and peace and sorry for how small that copied/pasted,

Carol

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        MichaelFL
        Participant

The doctors should be aware of/and dealing with this. They can administer drugs such as phenylephrine to help raise/stabilize blood pressure.

Management of Interleukin-2–Associated Toxicity

Hypotension

Symptom Management
          (1) Expect drop in blood pressure of at least 20–30 mm Hg. Establish new baseline blood pressure. Base treatment on drop in blood pressure below new baseline.
          (2) Minimize fluid resuscitation to avoid fluid overload.
          (3) Limit use of crystalloid solutions (eg, saline) to 1–1.5 L/d.
          (4) Administer colloidal solutions (eg, albumin, hetastarch) if systolic blood pressure is lower thannew baseline blood pressure, patient is symptomatic, or urine output declines.
          (5) Administer phenylephrine 0.1–2.0 µg/kg/min to stabilize blood pressure.
          (6) Expect routine weight gain of 10 lb.

The docs should also be aware that IL2 causes capillary leak syndrome. If this develops, she may rapidly gain weight, experience a drop in  blood pressure, and have breathing problems. Treatment may have to be discontinued until she can be stabilized.

Michael

Carol Taylor
            Participant

Wow, Michael!

Thanks for all that info about what she's dealing with. I know she has a really tough time with these treatments but didn't know all this.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Rick Bellinger
              Participant

my wife Carol B has been moved to critical care ICU, her BL dropped to 42/20 and they couldnt raise it any higher while in the cancer center, her heart rate went up to 170 also, the nurse called the emergancy response team and the were there in just minutes with a crash cart and 12-14 dr and nurses. something was wrong with the crash cart or they couldnt figure out how to hook it up so the sent for a different one. this scarred the hell out of me again. I know im going to heaven when i die now because they scarred the hell out of me twice since we have been here lol

Carol;s BP is now up to 108/40 they had it up to 138/62 but they are trying to lower the dose now and ween her off it. thanks for all the prayers

Rick Bellinger
                Participant

my wife Carol B has been moved to critical care ICU, her BL dropped to 42/20 and they couldnt raise it any higher while in the cancer center, her heart rate went up to 170 also, the nurse called the emergancy response team and the were there in just minutes with a crash cart and 12-14 dr and nurses. something was wrong with the crash cart or they couldnt figure out how to hook it up so the sent for a different one. this scarred the hell out of me again. I know im going to heaven when i die now because they scarred the hell out of me twice since we have been here lol

Carol;s BP is now up to 108/40 they had it up to 138/62 but they are trying to lower the dose now and ween her off it. thanks for all the prayers

MichaelFL
                  Participant

Glad she is improving.

Michael

MichaelFL
                    Participant

Glad she is improving.

Michael

King
                      Participant

Thoughts and prayers are with all of you.  These treatments are so toxic and frightening.

Stay Strong

King/Kathie

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                        Participant

Thoughts and prayers are with all of you.  These treatments are so toxic and frightening.

Stay Strong

King/Kathie

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Carol Taylor
                          Participant

Rick.

Thanks for the update! I am so sorry she, and you too!, are going through all this! I feel like I know her by now so give her hugs from the "other Carol." Prayers keep going up.

Lord, in Your continued mercy, Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                            Participant

Rick.

Thanks for the update! I am so sorry she, and you too!, are going through all this! I feel like I know her by now so give her hugs from the "other Carol." Prayers keep going up.

Lord, in Your continued mercy, Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

FormerCaregiver
                              Participant

Sorry to read of the emergency situation that your wife has had. Melanoma doesn't only
                                affect the patient, but it also affects those closest to them. I remember going through
                                similar situations with my late wife. Although she had a different drug, she experinced
                                severe instances of low blood pressure and nausea.

My prayers are with you and your family. (I have also asked my friends from church to pray
                                for Carol B).

Take care

Frank from Australia

Rick Bellinger
                                Participant

thanks frank,

we can never have enough prayers,

carol;s doin better this morning, her BP is stabilized and heart rate is normal. their gonna send us back up to the cancer unit as soon as a room comes open. we think they treat her better up there any way lol. we dont believe they;ll continue treatments, she did get 14 bags total this time, got half of what they want.

her dr is thinking of uplumibob instead of the IL2, might have spelled it wrong but u get the idea. its a shame because these treatments have made 6 or 7 of the tummers didapear and is making the big one shrink alot. hopefully it;ll keep working and they can operate and take the big one under her arm out.

Carol Taylor
                                  Participant

Rick,

Tell her she's got a lot of people praying for her and thinking positive thoughts. For you too! Don't want to forget you!

Lord, in Your mercy, let what Carol has gotten continue to work. Thank You that some tumors have disappeared and another is shrinking. Let what they switch to do damage to the tumors but not to Carol. Hold her and Rick at this time and see them through this. Thank You. Amen and Amen!

Grace and peace to you and hugs to CarolB,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                                    Participant

Rick,

Tell her she's got a lot of people praying for her and thinking positive thoughts. For you too! Don't want to forget you!

Lord, in Your mercy, let what Carol has gotten continue to work. Thank You that some tumors have disappeared and another is shrinking. Let what they switch to do damage to the tumors but not to Carol. Hold her and Rick at this time and see them through this. Thank You. Amen and Amen!

Grace and peace to you and hugs to CarolB,

Carol

Rick Bellinger
                                      Participant

thanks frank,

we can never have enough prayers,

carol;s doin better this morning, her BP is stabilized and heart rate is normal. their gonna send us back up to the cancer unit as soon as a room comes open. we think they treat her better up there any way lol. we dont believe they;ll continue treatments, she did get 14 bags total this time, got half of what they want.

her dr is thinking of uplumibob instead of the IL2, might have spelled it wrong but u get the idea. its a shame because these treatments have made 6 or 7 of the tummers didapear and is making the big one shrink alot. hopefully it;ll keep working and they can operate and take the big one under her arm out.

FormerCaregiver
                                        Participant

Sorry to read of the emergency situation that your wife has had. Melanoma doesn't only
                                          affect the patient, but it also affects those closest to them. I remember going through
                                          similar situations with my late wife. Although she had a different drug, she experinced
                                          severe instances of low blood pressure and nausea.

My prayers are with you and your family. (I have also asked my friends from church to pray
                                          for Carol B).

Take care

Frank from Australia

lhaley
                                          Participant

Rick,

Sending hugs to Carol for a quick recovery. I know her goal was 5 bags. I hope they were able to get in at least 5 and are now suspending treatments till they totally figure out what happened.

Thank you for the update.

Linda

Rick Bellinger
                                            Participant

hi linda

im RICK, Carol;s husband and caregiver. i;ve stayed with her all the time at the hospital and take off work to be with her at home unless her daughter or sister comes to stay. Carol;s doin better today. their gonna send us back up to the cancer unit as soon as they get a bed ready.. she got a total of 14 bags of il2 this round. she wanted atleast 15 or 16 but its time to stop now atleast for this round. i wish they would give her 2 weeks inbetween treatments instead of only 1. just doesnt give her body enough time to get the strength she needs.

thanks for your prayers, we need them

lhaley
                                              Participant

Rick,

I'm also surprised that they don't give her enough time for her body to mend!  I know they are being aggressive but this has to be taxing on her body! 

Take care of yourself also! I know what this cancer has done to my husband. Carol needs you to be healthy so you can help her!

Cyber hugs,

Linda

stage IV since 06

lhaley
                                                Participant

Rick,

I'm also surprised that they don't give her enough time for her body to mend!  I know they are being aggressive but this has to be taxing on her body! 

Take care of yourself also! I know what this cancer has done to my husband. Carol needs you to be healthy so you can help her!

Cyber hugs,

Linda

stage IV since 06

Rick Bellinger
                                                  Participant

hi linda

im RICK, Carol;s husband and caregiver. i;ve stayed with her all the time at the hospital and take off work to be with her at home unless her daughter or sister comes to stay. Carol;s doin better today. their gonna send us back up to the cancer unit as soon as they get a bed ready.. she got a total of 14 bags of il2 this round. she wanted atleast 15 or 16 but its time to stop now atleast for this round. i wish they would give her 2 weeks inbetween treatments instead of only 1. just doesnt give her body enough time to get the strength she needs.

thanks for your prayers, we need them

lhaley
                                                    Participant

Rick,

Sending hugs to Carol for a quick recovery. I know her goal was 5 bags. I hope they were able to get in at least 5 and are now suspending treatments till they totally figure out what happened.

Thank you for the update.

Linda

Carol Taylor
                                                      Participant

Wow, Michael!

Thanks for all that info about what she's dealing with. I know she has a really tough time with these treatments but didn't know all this.

Grace and peace,

Carol

MichaelFL
                                                        Participant

I can only go by what I have read and discussed with others, but it is literally hell on earth.

Many other issues may occur as well. I hope the day never comes that I have to go through it.

Michael

MichaelFL
                                                          Participant

I can only go by what I have read and discussed with others, but it is literally hell on earth.

Many other issues may occur as well. I hope the day never comes that I have to go through it.

Michael

MichaelFL
                                                          Participant

The doctors should be aware of/and dealing with this. They can administer drugs such as phenylephrine to help raise/stabilize blood pressure.

Management of Interleukin-2–Associated Toxicity

Hypotension

Symptom Management
                                                            (1) Expect drop in blood pressure of at least 20–30 mm Hg. Establish new baseline blood pressure. Base treatment on drop in blood pressure below new baseline.
                                                            (2) Minimize fluid resuscitation to avoid fluid overload.
                                                            (3) Limit use of crystalloid solutions (eg, saline) to 1–1.5 L/d.
                                                            (4) Administer colloidal solutions (eg, albumin, hetastarch) if systolic blood pressure is lower thannew baseline blood pressure, patient is symptomatic, or urine output declines.
                                                            (5) Administer phenylephrine 0.1–2.0 µg/kg/min to stabilize blood pressure.
                                                            (6) Expect routine weight gain of 10 lb.

The docs should also be aware that IL2 causes capillary leak syndrome. If this develops, she may rapidly gain weight, experience a drop in  blood pressure, and have breathing problems. Treatment may have to be discontinued until she can be stabilized.

Michael

nicoli
                                                            Participant

been there. done that. praying.

Nicki

nicoli
                                                              Participant

been there. done that. praying.

Nicki

killmel
                                                                Participant

How is CarolB doing???

boot2aboot
                                                                    Participant

Carol,

i am praying for you in your time of need…the world still needs you Carol B…keep fighting boots

boot2aboot
                                                                      Participant

Carol,

i am praying for you in your time of need…the world still needs you Carol B…keep fighting boots

killmel
                                                                      Participant

How is CarolB doing???

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics