The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Brain MRI Results – good news

Forums General Melanoma Community Brain MRI Results – good news

Participant

Just came back from all the screening for the ipi (yervoy) clinical trial I'm starting next week. My brain is clear!!  This is VERY good news since the last time my brain was scanned was mid February! 

I may have small mets to my lungs, but I'm going to enjoy this day because it's a good day!

Best wishes and prayers to you all,

Lisa

Just came back from all the screening for the ipi (yervoy) clinical trial I'm starting next week. My brain is clear!!  This is VERY good news since the last time my brain was scanned was mid February! 

I may have small mets to my lungs, but I'm going to enjoy this day because it's a good day!

Best wishes and prayers to you all,

Lisa

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Teodora

Lisa,

Do you recall last  I said I believe you are going to have good results?

I am pulling strongly for you, you just like me are a young woman that has so much to live for-and you will.Happy for you.

Teodora

Teodora

Lisa,

I am pulling strongly for you, you just like me are a young woman that has so much to live for-and you will.Happy for you.

Teodora

Teodora

Lisa,

Teodora

Teodora

Lisa,

Teodora

Bruce in NH
                Participant

Hi Lisa,

I am so happy to hear your good news. We all need hope, and you have given me that hope today. Thank you and have a great day!

Bruce

Bruce in NH
                  Participant

Hi Lisa,

I am so happy to hear your good news. We all need hope, and you have given me that hope today. Thank you and have a great day!

Bruce

King
                    Participant

Great news, Lisa!  Celebrate!  One day at a time…….

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05  Liver mets

King
                      Participant

Great news, Lisa!  Celebrate!  One day at a time…….

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05  Liver mets

MichaelFL
                        Participant

That's good news lisa.

Just remember going forward, you have several things in your favor:

A.. You have a slow growing melanoma, so you must have a good immune system and genetics that is keeping it slow growing.

2. You are going right to Yervoy.

B. You are young and strong, and can do IL-2 if needed.

3. If the Yervoy does not work, or even if there is partial response, it may act as a kicker to help the IL-2 finish the melanoma off.

Keep your spirits up. Just keep saying to yourself-I will beat this.

Michael

Lisa13
                            Participant

Thanks everyone!  That brain MRI was making me nervous cause it had been so long since I had one. I'm thankful everything is normal as well as all other organs (except lungs).

Michael – I had a very agressive melanoma removed (nodular and very deep). The fact that it's been very slow growing in my lungs for the past 3 months is making me feel more hopeful about things.

I can only hope that I'm a responder to Yervoy or that it can make some disappear so surgery is an option.  I continue to believe I'll beat this!!

Lisa

MichaelFL
                              Participant

I know nodular is agressive, but still your immunity, genetics or whatever is slowing it down.

There  is someone on the board named Adriene that had nodular as well, and that was in 2001. She does not show up near as often as she used to, so I suspect she is living life.

She did biochemo Starting Octobe 8, 2001, (which included IL-2) and has been NED now for 11 years as of March 25th of this year.

I am holding out hope for you as well in that either the Yervoy, Il-2 or both will work for you as well.

Michael

MichaelFL
                                Participant

I know nodular is agressive, but still your immunity, genetics or whatever is slowing it down.

There  is someone on the board named Adriene that had nodular as well, and that was in 2001. She does not show up near as often as she used to, so I suspect she is living life.

She did biochemo Starting Octobe 8, 2001, (which included IL-2) and has been NED now for 11 years as of March 25th of this year.

I am holding out hope for you as well in that either the Yervoy, Il-2 or both will work for you as well.

Michael

Lisa13
                                  Participant

Thanks everyone!  That brain MRI was making me nervous cause it had been so long since I had one. I'm thankful everything is normal as well as all other organs (except lungs).

Michael – I had a very agressive melanoma removed (nodular and very deep). The fact that it's been very slow growing in my lungs for the past 3 months is making me feel more hopeful about things.

I can only hope that I'm a responder to Yervoy or that it can make some disappear so surgery is an option.  I continue to believe I'll beat this!!

Lisa

MichaelFL
                                  Participant

That's good news lisa.

Just remember going forward, you have several things in your favor:

A.. You have a slow growing melanoma, so you must have a good immune system and genetics that is keeping it slow growing.

2. You are going right to Yervoy.

B. You are young and strong, and can do IL-2 if needed.

3. If the Yervoy does not work, or even if there is partial response, it may act as a kicker to help the IL-2 finish the melanoma off.

Keep your spirits up. Just keep saying to yourself-I will beat this.

Michael

FormerCaregiver
                                    Participant

Lisa, that's excellent news! Think of this as an important step on your way to eradicating melanoma from your system!

May God bless you.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                      Participant

Lisa, that's excellent news! Think of this as an important step on your way to eradicating melanoma from your system!

May God bless you.

Frank from Australia

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics