The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

BRAF – let’s kick it once & for all

Forums General Melanoma Community BRAF – let’s kick it once & for all

Participant

Hi y'all,

First, my deepest sympathy to those who are in such pain over the loss of their loved ones. I lift each of you in my prayers.

I was admitted through the ER last Monday, stayed until Wednesday. Had to have two lung drains, just to get to a stable point until I went to Philly.

I was joking with my family, in the past week, I've had 3 thoracentesis (drain my lungs), 5 chest x-rays, CAT scans of chest and abdomen. Honestly now! And I still had to go BACK to the ER for yet another thoracentesis this past Sunday.

Hi y'all,

First, my deepest sympathy to those who are in such pain over the loss of their loved ones. I lift each of you in my prayers.

I was admitted through the ER last Monday, stayed until Wednesday. Had to have two lung drains, just to get to a stable point until I went to Philly.

I was joking with my family, in the past week, I've had 3 thoracentesis (drain my lungs), 5 chest x-rays, CAT scans of chest and abdomen. Honestly now! And I still had to go BACK to the ER for yet another thoracentesis this past Sunday.

I went to Philly yesterday, and left with BRAF meds in hand. While I was not impressed AT ALL with my original consult up there, yesterday was a very pleasant encounter.  So, my hat is off to the U of Penn staff, and Dr. Schuchter.

Per Dr. Schuchter, since I just completed ipi, and am now doing BRAF, I have a very good shot at a positive response. I'm sure many of the more knowledgeable board posters are well aware of this, but I was not and was happy to hear it!

Praying for those of us in treatments, lifting those who are suffering.

TracyLee

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        nicoli
        Participant

You go, Girl.  I don't know what the side effects of Braf are but here's praying you have all the benefiits and none of the bad side effects!

And it's nice you just  take meds home and do it there. Much better than hospital stay.

Nicki, Stage 3b

nicoli
          Participant

You go, Girl.  I don't know what the side effects of Braf are but here's praying you have all the benefiits and none of the bad side effects!

And it's nice you just  take meds home and do it there. Much better than hospital stay.

Nicki, Stage 3b

MichaelFL
            Participant

The chances of having a response are 70-80% with the BRAF drug alone, and the response is usually within days or weeks, so you will know rather quickly if you are a responder and it is working.

May this response last as long as possible and assist you in improving your health so you can move on to something with a more durable long term response in the future.

Good luck,

Michael

MichaelFL
              Participant

The chances of having a response are 70-80% with the BRAF drug alone, and the response is usually within days or weeks, so you will know rather quickly if you are a responder and it is working.

May this response last as long as possible and assist you in improving your health so you can move on to something with a more durable long term response in the future.

Good luck,

Michael

Carol Taylor
                Participant

Praying for you Fearless Tracy!

While I'm sorry you're having to go through so much, I admire your spunk, humor, determination, and attitude.

Lord, in Your mercy, please favor Tracy with a positive response. Hold her through this and keep her wonderful sense of determination and humor strong. And God, hold her family too. I know we get her game face and they get her reality. A person just doesn't easily breeze through all those lung drainages and everything else. So, please just keep giving her of Yourself and see her through this. Thank You, Lord. Amen and Amen!

Grace and peace to you Tracy,

Posse member, Carol

Carol Taylor
                  Participant

Praying for you Fearless Tracy!

While I'm sorry you're having to go through so much, I admire your spunk, humor, determination, and attitude.

Lord, in Your mercy, please favor Tracy with a positive response. Hold her through this and keep her wonderful sense of determination and humor strong. And God, hold her family too. I know we get her game face and they get her reality. A person just doesn't easily breeze through all those lung drainages and everything else. So, please just keep giving her of Yourself and see her through this. Thank You, Lord. Amen and Amen!

Grace and peace to you Tracy,

Posse member, Carol

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics