The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Beautiful Julie

Forums Caregiver Community Beautiful Julie

Participant

June 12, 2013 my beautiful, loving, and courageous wife Julie passed away.
 On Wednesday June 5th we discovered in the hospital emergency room she had suffered hemorrhaging from the brain mets discovered only weeks before. After spending several days in the ICU she came home under hospice care. She passed away in our home surrounded by loving family.

June 12, 2013 my beautiful, loving, and courageous wife Julie passed away.
 On Wednesday June 5th we discovered in the hospital emergency room she had suffered hemorrhaging from the brain mets discovered only weeks before. After spending several days in the ICU she came home under hospice care. She passed away in our home surrounded by loving family.

I haven't read all of her entries to this site, but I'm certain Julie offered many intelligent and loving words to the people with melanoma. That's who she was. A genuinely caring person. 
Every so often she would come to me crying her eyes out to tell me that someone on the melanoma site had posted losing a loved one to this disease. I could feel her pain. She felt the loss deeply.  

Julie received comfort from the kind and thoughtful comments from fellow melanoma patients and caregivers. Thank you all for your advice and encouragement these last couple of years.
      Julie and I were married for 30 years. I am so proud and blessed to have known and loved this amazing woman.

Bill

Viewing 28 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sherron
        Participant

Bill, I am so sorry for your loss.  It is heartbreaking.  I pray you have a great faith in God to give you peace, and comfort in the days, months, and years ahead.

I lost my husband, Jim, on Nov 30, 2010….I am still having a difficult time dealing with it, learning all the new stuff, that he used to do.  I am still working.  It helps to keep my mind busy.  Jim passed away 4 days before our 43rd anniversary…bittersweet ….Take Care Bill.

Sherron, wife to Jim, FOREVER AND ALWAYS

Sherron
          Participant

Bill, I am so sorry for your loss.  It is heartbreaking.  I pray you have a great faith in God to give you peace, and comfort in the days, months, and years ahead.

I lost my husband, Jim, on Nov 30, 2010….I am still having a difficult time dealing with it, learning all the new stuff, that he used to do.  I am still working.  It helps to keep my mind busy.  Jim passed away 4 days before our 43rd anniversary…bittersweet ….Take Care Bill.

Sherron
            Participant

Sherron
              Participant

Bill, I would like to add Jim was the love of my life, my best friend, my soul-mate, the wind beneath my wings, my everything…..It is a difficult journey…I wish you well, comfort and peace and so very sorry for your loss.

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER AND ALWAYS

randallgford
                Participant

Bill, I am so sorry for your loss and my heart breaks for you. I will pray for peace for

your soul and wish you strength to get through the days and nights ahead. 30 Years

together is amazing and I am sure your presence gave her much comfort. All the best,

Vicki, wife of 25 years to Randall stage 4 patient.

randallgford
                  Participant

Bill, I am so sorry for your loss and my heart breaks for you. I will pray for peace for

your soul and wish you strength to get through the days and nights ahead. 30 Years

together is amazing and I am sure your presence gave her much comfort. All the best,

randallgford
                    Participant

aldakota22
                      Participant

Bill ,So sorry for your loss. Always read Julies posts. Loved her posted pic with daughter.This disease is brutal.Waiting for the day when melanoma will no longer be  such a devastating prognosis.Keeping you and family in my prayers.Beat the Beast.       Al

aldakota22
                        Participant

Bill ,So sorry for your loss. Always read Julies posts. Loved her posted pic with daughter.This disease is brutal.Waiting for the day when melanoma will no longer be  such a devastating prognosis.Keeping you and family in my prayers.Beat the Beast.       Al

aldakota22
                          Participant

awillett1991
                            Participant
                              Bill,

I am so sorry for your loss. She was always very supportive and sweet.

Amy

awillett1991
                              Participant
                                Bill,

Amy

awillett1991
                                Participant
                                  Bill,

Amy

NYKaren
                                  Participant
                                    Dear Bill,
                                    I am so very sorry for your loss.
                                    So many of us were happy to have had the privilege of knowing your lovely Julie, knowing her and your beautiful family.
                                    Thank you so much for letting us know.
                                    Karen
                                    POW
                                    Participant

Bill, thank you for being so thoughtful as to let us know what happened. Julie was always so sweet and strong and honest. She was a real inspiration for me when my brother was sick. I know that you were her rock and her man– you must have loved each other and your daughter very much. I am glad that she was able to remain at home and be surrounded by her family. My prayers are with you all.  

POW
                                      Participant

Bill, thank you for being so thoughtful as to let us know what happened. Julie was always so sweet and strong and honest. She was a real inspiration for me when my brother was sick. I know that you were her rock and her man– you must have loved each other and your daughter very much. I am glad that she was able to remain at home and be surrounded by her family. My prayers are with you all.  

POW
                                        Participant

vivian
                                          Participant

Dear Bill,

Thank you so much for sharing with us – many have been concerned about not hearing from Julie for a while.  I am thinking of you, your daugher and your family and praying that you find comfort.  Your wife was very special to a lot of people.

Peace,

Lear

Swanee
                                            Participant

Dear Bill and Gaby,

It is so heartbreaking to say good bye to yet another beautiful and caring friend in our MPIP family.  Julie was indeed an amazing woman who fought her battle with such great intensity and determination and it was evident by all she said and did.   Julie never failed to say that her greatest love of life was you and her beautiful daughter, Gaby.   Julie was so tenacious  in her fight and resolute in her vision that she would win her battle with melanoma and be here for her family.  Julie's posts were always full of positive and supportive advice and empathy flowed from her  for so many others here,  it was evident how much she cared about all of us who were fighting the same fight.

I am so sorry for your loss and share in your grief.  I know you and your daughter will draw strength from each other and Julie's spirit will always be with you, guiding the way.   May peace and comfort be with you now and may the love you shared  for  30 years and the memories you made together bring you strength for tomorrow and ease your broken hearts.    

Swanee

Swanee
                                              Participant

Dear Bill and Gaby,

It is so heartbreaking to say good bye to yet another beautiful and caring friend in our MPIP family.  Julie was indeed an amazing woman who fought her battle with such great intensity and determination and it was evident by all she said and did.   Julie never failed to say that her greatest love of life was you and her beautiful daughter, Gaby.   Julie was so tenacious  in her fight and resolute in her vision that she would win her battle with melanoma and be here for her family.  Julie's posts were always full of positive and supportive advice and empathy flowed from her  for so many others here,  it was evident how much she cared about all of us who were fighting the same fight.

I am so sorry for your loss and share in your grief.  I know you and your daughter will draw strength from each other and Julie's spirit will always be with you, guiding the way.   May peace and comfort be with you now and may the love you shared  for  30 years and the memories you made together bring you strength for tomorrow and ease your broken hearts.    

Swanee

Swanee
                                                Participant

Dear Bill and Gaby,

Swanee

JerryfromFauq
                                                  Participant

So sorry for this outcome and the huge hole left in your and Gaby's lifes.  Julie was lucky to have had ya'll as caregivers.

JerryfromFauq
                                                    Participant

So sorry for this outcome and the huge hole left in your and Gaby's lifes.  Julie was lucky to have had ya'll as caregivers.

JerryfromFauq
                                                      Participant

Phil S
                                                        Participant
                                                          Bill and Gaby, So very sorry for your loss. I remember Julie posting about both of you, her love and pride were evident. She spoke of what a loving and supportive caregiver you were to her, and she was so happy Gaby was graduating from high school. She fought this disease with grace and optimism. 30 years of memories is a wonderful legacy, I hope they bring you some comfort. Take good care of yourself.
                                                          God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                                                            NYKaren
                                                            Participant
                                                              Dear Bill,
                                                              So many of us were happy to have had the privilege of knowing your lovely Julie, knowing her and your beautiful family.
                                                              Karen
                                                              NYKaren
                                                              Participant
                                                                Dear Bill,
                                                                Karen
                                                              bikerwifee
                                                              Participant
                                                                I have been asking about Julie. I guess know I know why I couldnt find out anything. My husband went to be with the Lord on June 5th also. I know how your feeling. Im having a pretty rough time as I imagine you are if you ever need a friend email me [email protected].

Belva

bikerwifee
                                                                Participant
                                                                  I have been asking about Julie. I guess know I know why I couldnt find out anything. My husband went to be with the Lord on June 5th also. I know how your feeling. Im having a pretty rough time as I imagine you are if you ever need a friend email me [email protected].

Belva

bikerwifee
                                                                  Participant

Belva

deardad
                                                                    Participant

Bill my sincere condolences. 

Nahmi from Melbourne

Sherron
                                                                      Participant

Bill, I would like to add Jim was the love of my life, my best friend, my soul-mate, the wind beneath my wings, my everything…..It is a difficult journey…I wish you well, comfort and peace and so very sorry for your loss.

Sherron
                                                                        Participant

vivian
                                                                          Participant

Dear Bill,

Thank you so much for sharing with us – many have been concerned about not hearing from Julie for a while.  I am thinking of you, your daugher and your family and praying that you find comfort.  Your wife was very special to a lot of people.

Peace,

Lear

vivian
                                                                            Participant

Dear Bill,

Peace,

Lear

Phil S
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                Bill and Gaby, So very sorry for your loss. I remember Julie posting about both of you, her love and pride were evident. She spoke of what a loving and supportive caregiver you were to her, and she was so happy Gaby was graduating from high school. She fought this disease with grace and optimism. 30 years of memories is a wonderful legacy, I hope they bring you some comfort. Take good care of yourself.
                                                                                Phil S
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  deardad
                                                                                  Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                    Participant

Nahmi from Melbourne

Viewing 28 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics