The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Bad taste in mouth at all times and with any type of food…..HELP!

Forums General Melanoma Community Bad taste in mouth at all times and with any type of food…..HELP!

Participant
      Does anyone know of a way to eliminate the constant bad taste in your mouth? No food tastes the same, it is not a metallic taste just a sour type taste of all foods. Husband is on Zelboraf 2 240 mg in am and 2 240 mg in pm. Does this drug normally alter your taste?

Does anyone know of a way to eliminate the constant bad taste in your mouth? No food tastes the same, it is not a metallic taste just a sour type taste of all foods. Husband is on Zelboraf 2 240 mg in am and 2 240 mg in pm. Does this drug normally alter your taste?

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          Yes I had this but it lessened eventually.
            1cullinan
            Participant
              I also have an unpleasant taste most of the time.

It’s good to know that it may go eventually, how long do you estimate your eventually was?

1cullinan
              Participant

It’s good to know that it may go eventually, how long do you estimate your eventually was?

1cullinan
                Participant

awillett1991
                Participant
                  awillett1991
                  Participant
                    randallgford
                    Participant

My husband's taste has altered somewhat; mostly to him everything tastes salty. But it is slowly

improving the longer he is on the drug.

randallgford
                      Participant

My husband's taste has altered somewhat; mostly to him everything tastes salty. But it is slowly

randallgford
                        Participant

Tina D
                          Participant

I also had this for the first months, it did eventually improve. Nothing tasted right, and that gives an added challenge if he is also dealing with nausea. I think most people find that this improves over time.

Tina

Tina D
                            Participant

I also had this for the first months, it did eventually improve. Nothing tasted right, and that gives an added challenge if he is also dealing with nausea. I think most people find that this improves over time.

Tina

Tina D
                              Participant

Tina

bj63
                                Participant

I went through a phase where I lost most of my sense of taste – particularly for sweet or savory flavors.  It lasted for a couple months or more before it slowly started returning.  Even now my sense of taste is still somewhat "diminished", but it is much improved from where it was.  Interestingly enough, my sense of smell was never affected – foods smelled as great as always but I just couldn't *taste* them.

BJ63

bj63
                                  Participant

I went through a phase where I lost most of my sense of taste – particularly for sweet or savory flavors.  It lasted for a couple months or more before it slowly started returning.  Even now my sense of taste is still somewhat "diminished", but it is much improved from where it was.  Interestingly enough, my sense of smell was never affected – foods smelled as great as always but I just couldn't *taste* them.

BJ63

bj63
                                    Participant

BJ63

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics