The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Another new development

Forums General Melanoma Community Another new development

Participant

the  left leg is buckling under me when I try to stand up now and I fell 4 times this weekend, need help using the bathroom now and showers are not even in the picture since I fell ccoming out last Friday. The chemo must be doing this, any one else?

the  left leg is buckling under me when I try to stand up now and I fell 4 times this weekend, need help using the bathroom now and showers are not even in the picture since I fell ccoming out last Friday. The chemo must be doing this, any one else?

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Zan
        Participant

If you haven't done so already, I would put a call in to your oncologist and let them know your symptoms. Always good to be on the safe side with these kinds of things.

Zan
          Participant

If you haven't done so already, I would put a call in to your oncologist and let them know your symptoms. Always good to be on the safe side with these kinds of things.

MichaelFL
              Participant

I agree. I hate to say it, but brain mets may be a possibility.

Good luck!

MichaelFL
                Participant

Good luck!

MichaelFL
                  Participant

Good luck!

Zan
                  Participant

awillett1991
                    Participant
                      Definitely call your doc – weakness can also be a side effect of Yervoy, remember those side effects can start months later.

I’m so sorry you are going through this.

awillett1991
                      Participant
                        Definitely call your doc – weakness can also be a side effect of Yervoy, remember those side effects can start months later.

awillett1991
                        Participant

yoopergirl
                          Participant

WE WENT TO THE er IN wISCONSIN LAST NIGHT, they got everything messed up,my oncologist said I was losing all my bodily function from the tumors on my spine, they sent me home with a steroid shot anda planned MRI eith today or tomrrow, I will option for tomorrow since I need to take a laxative due to the morphine I take. It is an hour and half from home and thru the back woods so no where to stop.  

yoopergirl
                            Participant

WE WENT TO THE er IN wISCONSIN LAST NIGHT, they got everything messed up,my oncologist said I was losing all my bodily function from the tumors on my spine, they sent me home with a steroid shot anda planned MRI eith today or tomrrow, I will option for tomorrow since I need to take a laxative due to the morphine I take. It is an hour and half from home and thru the back woods so no where to stop.  

awillett1991
                                Participant
                                  Hang in there and keep fighting!
                                  awillett1991
                                  Participant
                                    awillett1991
                                    Participant
                                      lhaley
                                      Participant

Thinking of you!

Linda

lhaley
                                        Participant

Thinking of you!

Linda

lhaley
                                          Participant

Thinking of you!

Linda

yoopergirl
                                          Participant

yoopergirl
                                            Participant

MRI showed more progrssion in the upper spine, will try steroid first, surgery is too risky. Doesnt look tooo goood for me.My home help nurse is coming today and I need her to give me an emama, so constipated can't stand it.

yoopergirl
                                              Participant

MRI showed more progrssion in the upper spine, will try steroid first, surgery is too risky. Doesnt look tooo goood for me.My home help nurse is coming today and I need her to give me an emama, so constipated can't stand it.

yoopergirl
                                                Participant

quilter
                                                  Participant

my  husband has had significant fatigue and leg muscle weakness like what you have since his 3rd does of Yervoy. He finished by having the 4th dose on 2/14/14. His legs will just give out on him. The oncologist won't give me a reason and I can't find much detailed info on line. I'd like to know how long the fatigue and muscle weakness might last.

quilter
                                                    Participant

my  husband has had significant fatigue and leg muscle weakness like what you have since his 3rd does of Yervoy. He finished by having the 4th dose on 2/14/14. His legs will just give out on him. The oncologist won't give me a reason and I can't find much detailed info on line. I'd like to know how long the fatigue and muscle weakness might last.

quilter
                                                      Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics