The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

5 years ago Today, July 11, 2006

Forums General Melanoma Community 5 years ago Today, July 11, 2006

Participant

is the day I came  home and saw Jim on the phone.  He looked bothered, distressed, worried etc.  I knew it was going to be bad.  We had just been to the Derm on July 5th…..She told us, it was nothing!  But is was something, it was Nodular Melanoma on the lower scalp, and it was vascular invasive, with a moderate mitosis.   I will not into our story, you can read it on my profile, if you wish too.  Jim won his fight with Melanoma on November 30, 2010, when the angels came and took him home.  He will always be my wa

is the day I came  home and saw Jim on the phone.  He looked bothered, distressed, worried etc.  I knew it was going to be bad.  We had just been to the Derm on July 5th…..She told us, it was nothing!  But is was something, it was Nodular Melanoma on the lower scalp, and it was vascular invasive, with a moderate mitosis.   I will not into our story, you can read it on my profile, if you wish too.  Jim won his fight with Melanoma on November 30, 2010, when the angels came and took him home.  He will always be my warrior,my hero, my best friend, the love of my life, my soul mate, the wind beneath my wings, my everything.  He had 4 years + 2 months of absolutely great life living his way, "QUALITY TIME" with no treatment, except alternative.  He had 3 months of discomfort and pain. 

It is time for me to leave the wonderful Bulletin Board, because I tend to get too involved….it is time for me to try to heal, deal with my grief, without reading of others going into this battle…I will check in maybe 2 times a year, but not on a daily basis.  I want to thank each and everyone of you who encouraged me, did not balk at Jim's decision, but gave me support…That is what I needed.  He made his decision, and never looked back.  He is  IN a much better place and I look forward  to joing him someday…For now, I am going to try to live my life, best as I can, love my children, and grandchildren.

"This is the day the Lord hath made, be glad and rejoice in it"

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

I wish the very best for all of you…

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

P.S.  sorry for all the underlining…I only wanted in in 1 place, but could not get it undone…

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        Sherron
        Participant

AND, the underlining did not even show…LOL….have a great day!

Sherron
          Participant

AND, the underlining did not even show…LOL….have a great day!

shellebrownies
            Participant

Sherron,

I cannot help but respect your decision to move on and away from the disease that took your soul mate from you. Your words of wisdom will be missed. Very best of luck to you!

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
              Participant

Sherron,

I cannot help but respect your decision to move on and away from the disease that took your soul mate from you. Your words of wisdom will be missed. Very best of luck to you!

Michelle, wife of Don

ValinMtl
                Participant

We will miss you Sherron but we understand that there is a time for everything.  Time for you to enjoy your children and grandchildren. Jim is safe in the arms of Jesus.  God bless you.   Val xx

ValinMtl
                  Participant

We will miss you Sherron but we understand that there is a time for everything.  Time for you to enjoy your children and grandchildren. Jim is safe in the arms of Jesus.  God bless you.   Val xx

Lori C
                    Participant

Very best to you, and may you grow in peace and joy.

Lori

Lori C
                      Participant

Very best to you, and may you grow in peace and joy.

Lori

JuleFL
                        Participant
                          Best wishes, Sherron. You have my email address if you ever need to talk.

Jule

JuleFL
                          Participant
                            Best wishes, Sherron. You have my email address if you ever need to talk.

Jule

BarbieGirl
                            Participant

Hey Sherron, I understand your need to leave the boards for a while, but I hope it won't be forever, and hope it will be more than a couple of times a year. 

There are so many people here, just like you, who are losing, or have lost a spouse, and I know, someday, you'll be able to help them when they need encouragement, support, etc.   I DO know you have to get yourself together first, though, before you can even begin to help others in their journey.  I've been here 10 years, and other than vacations and an eight-month self-imposed hiatus, I can't seem to stay away.  I've met many people here in person, and I've lost a lot of life-long friends to this beast.  But I've been so blessed, because I'd never have met them at all, if it hadn't been for friggin' melanoma.

Speaking of meeting, we gotta do that soon!!!!  We live too close not to get together sometime soon.  I'd love for you to tell me all about Jim… I'm just sad I didn't get to meet him.

You're still going thru the grieving process—something that has to happen.  But I also believe you're beginning the healing process, too.  Though you can't see it now, you will eventually get used to your 'new normal'.  That doesn't mean you'll ever stop missing Jim or loving him—he'll NEVER be forgotten.  But I believe in my heart God has plans for you.. plans for helping others deal with melanoma, or cancer of any kind, as only you can.  God knows you're hurting, and He will be with you every step of the way. 

Even though we haven't met (yet!), I love you and think of you all the time.  Please keep in touch via email or facebook, and even here when you feel it's time to come back.  Take care and let us know how you're doing—we do care.  *Hugz*

~Lisa~  

BarbieGirl
                              Participant

Hey Sherron, I understand your need to leave the boards for a while, but I hope it won't be forever, and hope it will be more than a couple of times a year. 

There are so many people here, just like you, who are losing, or have lost a spouse, and I know, someday, you'll be able to help them when they need encouragement, support, etc.   I DO know you have to get yourself together first, though, before you can even begin to help others in their journey.  I've been here 10 years, and other than vacations and an eight-month self-imposed hiatus, I can't seem to stay away.  I've met many people here in person, and I've lost a lot of life-long friends to this beast.  But I've been so blessed, because I'd never have met them at all, if it hadn't been for friggin' melanoma.

Speaking of meeting, we gotta do that soon!!!!  We live too close not to get together sometime soon.  I'd love for you to tell me all about Jim… I'm just sad I didn't get to meet him.

You're still going thru the grieving process—something that has to happen.  But I also believe you're beginning the healing process, too.  Though you can't see it now, you will eventually get used to your 'new normal'.  That doesn't mean you'll ever stop missing Jim or loving him—he'll NEVER be forgotten.  But I believe in my heart God has plans for you.. plans for helping others deal with melanoma, or cancer of any kind, as only you can.  God knows you're hurting, and He will be with you every step of the way. 

Even though we haven't met (yet!), I love you and think of you all the time.  Please keep in touch via email or facebook, and even here when you feel it's time to come back.  Take care and let us know how you're doing—we do care.  *Hugz*

~Lisa~  

MichaelFL
                                Participant
                                  “To Everything There Is a Season”

I recall much of your journey here, especially that Jim was all about “quality” time. Yes, he got his wish. With stage four who could ask for more?

You do what you feel you need to do, but I DO hope you will return here.

Best wishes to you.

Your parting thoughts remind me of a song by the Byrds written in 1959 called Turn Turn turn-(To Everything There Is a Season)

To everything – turn, turn, turn
                                  There is a season – turn, turn, turn
                                  And a time for every purpose under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
                                  A time to plant, a time to reap
                                  A time to kill, a time to heal
                                  A time to laugh, a time to weep

A time to build up, a time to break down
                                  A time to dance, a time to mourn
                                  A time to cast away stones
                                  A time to gather stones together

A time of war, a time of peace
                                  A time of love, a time of hate
                                  A time you may embrace
                                  A time to refrain from embracing

A time to gain, a time to lose
                                  A time to rend, a time to sew
                                  A time to love, a time to hate
                                  A time of peace, I swear it’s not too late!

Sherron
                                    Participant

Thank you all for your kind remarks…I'll try and pop in every once in a while….Don't forget me….okay…I wish you all well on your journey will Melanoma and pray for you all.

Hey, Michael, I remember that song, very well….Thanks for printing the words and taking me down memory lane…..

Take Care to All of you!

Sherron
                                      Participant

Thank you all for your kind remarks…I'll try and pop in every once in a while….Don't forget me….okay…I wish you all well on your journey will Melanoma and pray for you all.

Hey, Michael, I remember that song, very well….Thanks for printing the words and taking me down memory lane…..

Take Care to All of you!

MichaelFL
                                      Participant
                                        “To Everything There Is a Season”

I recall much of your journey here, especially that Jim was all about “quality” time. Yes, he got his wish. With stage four who could ask for more?

You do what you feel you need to do, but I DO hope you will return here.

Best wishes to you.

Your parting thoughts remind me of a song by the Byrds written in 1959 called Turn Turn turn-(To Everything There Is a Season)

A time to be born, a time to die
                                        A time to plant, a time to reap
                                        A time to kill, a time to heal
                                        A time to laugh, a time to weep

A time to build up, a time to break down
                                        A time to dance, a time to mourn
                                        A time to cast away stones
                                        A time to gather stones together

A time of war, a time of peace
                                        A time of love, a time of hate
                                        A time you may embrace
                                        A time to refrain from embracing

A time to gain, a time to lose
                                        A time to rend, a time to sew
                                        A time to love, a time to hate
                                        A time of peace, I swear it’s not too late!

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics