The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

3 years Stage IV

Forums General Melanoma Community 3 years Stage IV

Participant

Hi all!

Doing good on B-raf. Latest scans show stable disease. I'll take it! Feeling good with minimal side effects! Have been busy lately. Gone to NYC to visit my sisters, went to Vegas earlier in the year with friends. Now getting ready to enjoy the summer with the kiddo's.

Hi all!

Doing good on B-raf. Latest scans show stable disease. I'll take it! Feeling good with minimal side effects! Have been busy lately. Gone to NYC to visit my sisters, went to Vegas earlier in the year with friends. Now getting ready to enjoy the summer with the kiddo's.

Today was my 3 year anniversary of  progressing to Stage IV! It's been a busy 3 years of surgeries and reoccurances and just some shitty times but I feel very grateful to be doing so well now! I can't thank everyone enough on here! You've all really saved me from going crazy many times!

Kellie(from Iowa) Stage IV on B-raf

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        FormerCaregiver
        Participant

Thanks for posting this great news. 3 years at stage IV, stable and improving! This gives
          everyone here hope that it is really possible to get better despite getting a stage IV
          diagnosis!!

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
          Participant

Thanks for posting this great news. 3 years at stage IV, stable and improving! This gives
            everyone here hope that it is really possible to get better despite getting a stage IV
            diagnosis!!

Best wishes

Frank from Australia

lhaley
            Participant

Been wondering how you've been doing. Glad your stable and enjoying life!  I expect to see your post year after year.  You bring hope to all.

Enjoy your summer!

Linda

Stage IV since 06

lhaley
              Participant

Been wondering how you've been doing. Glad your stable and enjoying life!  I expect to see your post year after year.  You bring hope to all.

Enjoy your summer!

Linda

Stage IV since 06

MaryD
                Participant

That's great Kellie – stable is good!  And enjoying life and feeling good is even better!  So glad you are enjoying yourself and hope you have a great summer with the kiddos!

Keep it up . .

Mary

MaryD
                  Participant

That's great Kellie – stable is good!  And enjoying life and feeling good is even better!  So glad you are enjoying yourself and hope you have a great summer with the kiddos!

Keep it up . .

Mary

Carol Taylor
                    Participant

Stable at 4 is good news, Kellie and your encouragement and example come at a really good time for a lot of people! Thank you and prayers that you remain stable.

Lord, in Your mercy make it so. Thank You. Amen and Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                      Participant

Stable at 4 is good news, Kellie and your encouragement and example come at a really good time for a lot of people! Thank you and prayers that you remain stable.

Lord, in Your mercy make it so. Thank You. Amen and Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

TracyLee
                        Participant

Kellie,

As a newbie Stage IV, I really appreciate seeing you doing well 3 years out! Thanks for the upbeat post.

TracyLee

Stage IV 5/16/11 – scalp/neck/lungs

Vermont_Donna
                            Participant

Yay Kellie, I am so glad that you are stable. Enjoy your summer!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, now NED due to ipi

Vermont_Donna
                              Participant

Yay Kellie, I am so glad that you are stable. Enjoy your summer!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, now NED due to ipi

TracyLee
                              Participant

Kellie,

As a newbie Stage IV, I really appreciate seeing you doing well 3 years out! Thanks for the upbeat post.

TracyLee

Stage IV 5/16/11 – scalp/neck/lungs

King
                                Participant

Kellie,

I am so happy from reading your post.  You are stable and feeling pretty well.  Got in some traveling and now time to enjoy the summer with your family.

Congrats!  Thanks for the post.  We need to hear all the good news stories that are out there.  And you've sure had quite the battle.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 LIver mets

King
                                  Participant

Kellie,

I am so happy from reading your post.  You are stable and feeling pretty well.  Got in some traveling and now time to enjoy the summer with your family.

Congrats!  Thanks for the post.  We need to hear all the good news stories that are out there.  And you've sure had quite the battle.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV 7/05 LIver mets

mom3girlsFL
                                    Participant

Hi Kellie,

Thanks for sharing your news.  I keep telling my husband about the true warriors on this site that are LIVING with their mel a lot worse than me (I am 3C, NED 8mths).  You, and so many others here, give me such hope.  There may not be a cure yet, but there sure can be management!

I hope all still goes well and you continue to show stable disease…shoot, not stable…gone away!!!

Best Wishes,

Laurie

mom3girlsFL
                                      Participant

Hi Kellie,

Thanks for sharing your news.  I keep telling my husband about the true warriors on this site that are LIVING with their mel a lot worse than me (I am 3C, NED 8mths).  You, and so many others here, give me such hope.  There may not be a cure yet, but there sure can be management!

I hope all still goes well and you continue to show stable disease…shoot, not stable…gone away!!!

Best Wishes,

Laurie

Lauri England
                                        Participant

That is great news.  It makes me so happy to see some good news.  We all need good news once in a while.  This is very encouraging for everyone.  Thanks for sharing.

Lauri England
                                          Participant

That is great news.  It makes me so happy to see some good news.  We all need good news once in a while.  This is very encouraging for everyone.  Thanks for sharing.

dawn dion
                                            Participant

Hello Kellie

My friend on the BRAF train.   So happy to hear the good news on your scans.  I go for my second set of scans on Thursday the 16th so needless to say the scanxiety is building.   I continue to hope that the BRAF/MEK wipes it out quickly since I have a low tumor burden.     Like you I have been going non-stop and feel great.    

Much love to you on your journey – keep us updated.  I Love hearing from my BRAF friends.

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

dawn dion
                                              Participant

Hello Kellie

My friend on the BRAF train.   So happy to hear the good news on your scans.  I go for my second set of scans on Thursday the 16th so needless to say the scanxiety is building.   I continue to hope that the BRAF/MEK wipes it out quickly since I have a low tumor burden.     Like you I have been going non-stop and feel great.    

Much love to you on your journey – keep us updated.  I Love hearing from my BRAF friends.

Hugs and Smiles

Dawn

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics