The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2nd head scan was pretty good

Forums General Melanoma Community 2nd head scan was pretty good

Participant

Wasn't going to post this but since the previous two folks had good news I figured to make it three.

Got the results of my head scan. This time it was a ct instead of an mri so the angles were different when they tried to compare. But the doc said it looked smaller and there is no new stuff. So rescan this time in 6 months instead of 3. Sounds like a wonderful miracle and relief to me. They are going to do my 8th pet scan in 6 more weeks so about 5 months from my last one instead of 3ish months.

Way better than last year this time my med onc said if the tumor in my t10 grew a hairs breath in a certain direction I would be paralyzed. My surgeon was saying anyone else receiving that much spinal cord damage at once would already be paralyzed. One twist lift turn too many and I would be paralyzed and later they said they couldn't do the surgery. So yeah way better than this time last year. I'm not sure why I've been so blessed but I think I'm a walking talking miracle. Lots of tumors to get rid of but at least I'm still here in the fight.

Artie

Viewing 38 reply threads
    • Replies
        DZnDef
        Participant

What phenomenal news, Artie!  What a huge relief!  Please don't hesitate about posting news like this in the future.  We all want to know how you're doing.  Let's hope its nothing but shrinking tumors from here on out.  With a priority to whatever is bothering your throat along with that t10 spot.  I'm so happy for your Artie!

DZnDef
          Participant

What phenomenal news, Artie!  What a huge relief!  Please don't hesitate about posting news like this in the future.  We all want to know how you're doing.  Let's hope its nothing but shrinking tumors from here on out.  With a priority to whatever is bothering your throat along with that t10 spot.  I'm so happy for your Artie!

DZnDef
            Participant

Linny
              Participant

Hi Artie!

I'm so happy to hear of your good results!! Yes, you are a walking, talking miracle. 🙂

Now you need to celebrate!

Linny
                Participant

Hi Artie!

I'm so happy to hear of your good results!! Yes, you are a walking, talking miracle. 🙂

Linny
                  Participant

Hi Artie!

Bubbles
                    Participant

Oh, Artie!!!  That's great!!!  I know you still have plenty of worries, but at least you now have one less!!!  You are a gift to us all and more than deserving of this good news!!  Love, c

Bubbles
                      Participant

Oh, Artie!!!  That's great!!!  I know you still have plenty of worries, but at least you now have one less!!!  You are a gift to us all and more than deserving of this good news!!  Love, c

Maureen038
                          Participant

Wonderful news Artie! I'm so happy for you!

Maureen

Maureen038
                            Participant

Maureen

Maureen038
                              Participant

Maureen

Bubbles
                              Participant

Mat
                                Participant

Great news Artie!

Mat
                                  Participant

Great news Artie!

Mat
                                    Participant

Great news Artie!

CHD
                                      Participant

Wow how scary last year must have been with being so close to paralysis!  That really is incredible that you came that close.  You deserve some good news!!  So happy to hear it. 🙂

Cheri

CHD
                                        Participant

Wow how scary last year must have been with being so close to paralysis!  That really is incredible that you came that close.  You deserve some good news!!  So happy to hear it. 🙂

Cheri

Brendan
                                            Participant

Great news!!

Brendan
                                              Participant

Great news!!

Brendan
                                                Participant

Great news!!

CHD
                                                Participant

Cheri

Nell
                                                  Participant

YAY!    God bless you, Artie!  I join everyone else in celebrating your good news!      Nell

Nell
                                                    Participant

YAY!    God bless you, Artie!  I join everyone else in celebrating your good news!      Nell

Nell
                                                      Participant

JoshF
                                                        Participant

So happy to hear this Artie! Great news…makes my evening. Keep it rolling!

Josh

JoshF
                                                          Participant

Josh

JoshF
                                                            Participant

Josh

StephyD83
                                                              Participant
                                                                That is awesome news Artie!!
                                                                StephyD83
                                                                Participant
                                                                    yazziemac
                                                                    Participant

So wonderful, Artie!  You're an inspiration 🙂

yazziemac
                                                                      Participant

yazziemac
                                                                        Participant

StephyD83
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          kpcollins31
                                                                          Participant

Congrats, Artie! Great to hear.

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                            Participant

Kevin

kpcollins31
                                                                              Participant

Kevin

_Paul_
                                                                                Participant

That's fantastic news Artie. If the saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is true then you will be the toughest person I have had the pleasure of knowing (even if it is only through this board). Please continue to keep us posted. There are a lot of people here rooting for you.

_Paul_
                                                                                  Participant

That's fantastic news Artie. If the saying "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" is true then you will be the toughest person I have had the pleasure of knowing (even if it is only through this board). Please continue to keep us posted. There are a lot of people here rooting for you.

_Paul_
                                                                                    Participant

sweetaugust
                                                                                      Participant

So glad you found a cocktail that is finally working for you Artie!!  Thank you for sharing!!

All my best to you all, Laurie

sweetaugust
                                                                                        Participant

So glad you found a cocktail that is finally working for you Artie!!  Thank you for sharing!!

sweetaugust
                                                                                          Participant

Jubes
                                                                                            Participant

How inspiring! Thanks for sharing Artie!

tschmith
                                                                                                Participant

Fantastic news, Artie!  Thank God for Keytruda!  Things will just keep getting better!!!!!!

Hurrah!  (Hope you have finally been able to get some sleep.)

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                  Participant

Fantastic news, Artie!  Thank God for Keytruda!  Things will just keep getting better!!!!!!

Terrie

tschmith
                                                                                                    Participant

Terrie

Jubes
                                                                                                    Participant

Jubes
                                                                                                      Participant

jenny22
                                                                                                        Participant

Just wanted to add to all your other well wishers!!!!!!  Just great to see some improvement….so happy for you Artie!  May the good news keep on coming.

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                                          Participant

Just wanted to add to all your other well wishers!!!!!!  Just great to see some improvement….so happy for you Artie!  May the good news keep on coming.

best,

jenny

jenny22
                                                                                                            Participant

best,

jenny

Viewing 38 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics