The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

2nd Chemo treatment tomorrow

Forums General Melanoma Community 2nd Chemo treatment tomorrow

Participant

Don goes in tomorrow morning for his next Chemo treatment. Hoping and praying for continued success!

Michelle, wife of Don

Don goes in tomorrow morning for his next Chemo treatment. Hoping and praying for continued success!

Michelle, wife of Don

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lisa13
        Participant

Michelle,

Anything is possible and I hope that this treatment continues to be successful for Don.

I'm on Day 4 of starting Decarbazine and so far so good in terms of side effects. Although most people arn't fans of chemo for melanoma, some do respond (Don) and I refuse to go in thinking this will fail. With your story, I hope I can post something positve too.

All the best to you!

Lisa

Lisa13
          Participant

Michelle,

Anything is possible and I hope that this treatment continues to be successful for Don.

I'm on Day 4 of starting Decarbazine and so far so good in terms of side effects. Although most people arn't fans of chemo for melanoma, some do respond (Don) and I refuse to go in thinking this will fail. With your story, I hope I can post something positve too.

All the best to you!

Lisa

FormerCaregiver
            Participant

Wishing Don good luck with the next round of chemo. My thoughts and prayers are with the
              both of you.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
              Participant

Wishing Don good luck with the next round of chemo. My thoughts and prayers are with the
                both of you.

Frank from Australia

King
                Participant

Michelle,

Hoping and praying right along with you for continued success.  Keep us posted.  I know you got off to a rough start and had some set backs but looking ahead for some positive news.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05  Liver mets

King
                  Participant

Michelle,

Hoping and praying right along with you for continued success.  Keep us posted.  I know you got off to a rough start and had some set backs but looking ahead for some positive news.

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05  Liver mets

Carol Taylor
                    Participant

Michelle,

How did it go for Don this time?

Did you see the prayer you asked for? Don't know your time zone so hope I got it up in time for you.

Grace and peace,

Carol

shellebrownies
                        Participant

Carol,

Don tolerated it extremely well (ate like a horse yesterday!) and is doing well so far today as well. 

I didn't see your prayer before we left for the appointment, but you certainly made it before he got his treatment. I did see it when we got back and thought it was wonderful. Thanks so much for that!

Dr. Lawrence couldn't believe how good Don looked (Don was barfing in the sink when last they met, remember…) and made a comment about "something missing" under his arm when he palpitated under there. I took that to mean that perhaps one of the two "marbles" he felt last week wasn't there anymore.

I am hoping for his healing trend to continue and that he continues to tolerate the treatment as well as he has thus far! 

Michelle

JACKS WIFE
                          Participant

Michelle,  this is my first reply to you, but want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.  My husband was diagnosed with MM in May 2006.  Surgery to remove LN in left neck, then neck dissection, radiation, and then interferon.  His liver only handled the interferon for 5 months of a 12 month plan.  He has been completely clear since then on every scan. 

Last week he began feeling some unusual places in his neck and we bumped up his appointment which was schedule for July and went to get it checked.  They immediately sent him to have a CT scan done.  Results showed several enlarged nodes on both the right and left side and particularly one of concern is in the supraclavicular.   He was sent for a Pet/CT scan on Wednesday the 29th and we are waiting on results.  Wouldn't you know that it is a holiday weekend and we probably won't know anything until Tuesday the 5th.    The waiting and wondering is awful isn't it.  Sometimes I think it is as hard on us as it is the patient!!!  Guess not but sometimes it feels that way.

God bless and I hope Don (and you) have a great weekend. 

Rita  (JACKS WIFE)

JACKS WIFE
                            Participant

Michelle,  this is my first reply to you, but want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.  My husband was diagnosed with MM in May 2006.  Surgery to remove LN in left neck, then neck dissection, radiation, and then interferon.  His liver only handled the interferon for 5 months of a 12 month plan.  He has been completely clear since then on every scan. 

Last week he began feeling some unusual places in his neck and we bumped up his appointment which was schedule for July and went to get it checked.  They immediately sent him to have a CT scan done.  Results showed several enlarged nodes on both the right and left side and particularly one of concern is in the supraclavicular.   He was sent for a Pet/CT scan on Wednesday the 29th and we are waiting on results.  Wouldn't you know that it is a holiday weekend and we probably won't know anything until Tuesday the 5th.    The waiting and wondering is awful isn't it.  Sometimes I think it is as hard on us as it is the patient!!!  Guess not but sometimes it feels that way.

God bless and I hope Don (and you) have a great weekend. 

Rita  (JACKS WIFE)

shellebrownies
                              Participant

Carol,

Don tolerated it extremely well (ate like a horse yesterday!) and is doing well so far today as well. 

I didn't see your prayer before we left for the appointment, but you certainly made it before he got his treatment. I did see it when we got back and thought it was wonderful. Thanks so much for that!

Dr. Lawrence couldn't believe how good Don looked (Don was barfing in the sink when last they met, remember…) and made a comment about "something missing" under his arm when he palpitated under there. I took that to mean that perhaps one of the two "marbles" he felt last week wasn't there anymore.

I am hoping for his healing trend to continue and that he continues to tolerate the treatment as well as he has thus far! 

Michelle

Carol Taylor
                              Participant

Michelle,

How did it go for Don this time?

Did you see the prayer you asked for? Don't know your time zone so hope I got it up in time for you.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Amy K
                                Participant

Keep up the hard work!  I don't usually comment on here, but I had to let you know dacarbazine can work!  My husband had 35 sub-cutaneous tumors August of 2010.  He did 6 months of chemo.  And guess what?  After 6 months he was NED!  All 35 tumors slowly shrunk away and were gone.  This had the doctors and of course us so happy.  The doctors don't see that very often, but I had to let you know that there is hope!  Good luck!  Keep up the hard fight!  

Amy K
                                  Participant

Keep up the hard work!  I don't usually comment on here, but I had to let you know dacarbazine can work!  My husband had 35 sub-cutaneous tumors August of 2010.  He did 6 months of chemo.  And guess what?  After 6 months he was NED!  All 35 tumors slowly shrunk away and were gone.  This had the doctors and of course us so happy.  The doctors don't see that very often, but I had to let you know that there is hope!  Good luck!  Keep up the hard fight!  

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics