The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

22 months NED thanks to Yervoy

Forums General Melanoma Community 22 months NED thanks to Yervoy

Participant

Hi everyone,

I havent checked in here in a long while…I am 22 months NED after 4 doses of 3mg/kg Yervoy in a clinical trial. I feel so blessed after many treatments and many side effects endured over the last six years. I am however dealing with some cardiac issues (unrelated to melanoma) after having an acute stress (takot subo cardiomyopathy) heart attack in April of this year. i am no longer working and cardiologist's orders are to take better care of me!

I hope to have time now to check in here on a more regular basis!

Happy Holidays!

Hi everyone,

I havent checked in here in a long while…I am 22 months NED after 4 doses of 3mg/kg Yervoy in a clinical trial. I feel so blessed after many treatments and many side effects endured over the last six years. I am however dealing with some cardiac issues (unrelated to melanoma) after having an acute stress (takot subo cardiomyopathy) heart attack in April of this year. i am no longer working and cardiologist's orders are to take better care of me!

I hope to have time now to check in here on a more regular basis!

Happy Holidays!

Vermont_Donna, stage sa

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        audgator
        Participant

Very nice to hear, Donna. On this board we maybe hear too often from Yervoy non-responders like me.  I, and I assume "we", are heppy for your success.  Have a happy & healthy new year.   Dan

audgator
          Participant

Very nice to hear, Donna. On this board we maybe hear too often from Yervoy non-responders like me.  I, and I assume "we", are heppy for your success.  Have a happy & healthy new year.   Dan

audgator
            Participant

Tina D
              Participant

Donna,

Thank you for posting this good news about your continued NED status! I am getting ready to start ipi next week and find this so encouraging. I hope your cardiac issues settle down now that you are not working, and better able to get the care and rest you need.

Wishing you a very long lifetime with your buddy, NED 🙂

Tina

Tina D
                Participant

Donna,

Thank you for posting this good news about your continued NED status! I am getting ready to start ipi next week and find this so encouraging. I hope your cardiac issues settle down now that you are not working, and better able to get the care and rest you need.

Tina

Tina D
                  Participant

Donna,

Tina

JakeinNY
                    Participant

Congratulations Donna!!!

JakeinNY
                      Participant

Congratulations Donna!!!

JakeinNY
                        Participant

Congratulations Donna!!!

jim Breitfeller
                          Participant

Congratulations Donna!! I hope to hear from in three years from now,  5 yrs, NED .

Best regards,

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                            Participant

Congratulations Donna!! I hope to hear from in three years from now,  5 yrs, NED .

Best regards,

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                              Participant

Best regards,

Jimmy B

NYKaren
                                  Participant
                                    I’ve been wondering how you’re doing, Donna.
                                    Congratulations on your great news, and I’m glad you’ll be able to take better care now.
                                    Stay well,
                                    Karen
                                    NYKaren
                                    Participant
                                      Congratulations on your great news, and I’m glad you’ll be able to take better care now.
                                      Stay well,
                                      Karen
                                      NYKaren
                                      Participant
                                        Stay well,
                                        Karen
                                      Linny
                                      Participant

Hi Donna, thank you for sharing your good news. It's nice to hear positive Yervoy stories. Sorry to hear about your cardiac issues. I hope that whatever was behind the latter has been resolved never to show up again. Ditto for the melanoma.

Linny
                                        Participant

Hi Donna, thank you for sharing your good news. It's nice to hear positive Yervoy stories. Sorry to hear about your cardiac issues. I hope that whatever was behind the latter has been resolved never to show up again. Ditto for the melanoma.

Linny
                                          Participant

Ali
                                            Participant

Awesome!  Thanks for the update, good to hear positive IPI results!

Ali
                                              Participant

Ali
                                                Participant

awillett1991
                                                  Participant
                                                    Congrats Donna and thanks for posting this encouraging status! I needed to hear this, just finished Yervoy 2 weeks ago and the last week has been a rough one.
                                                    awillett1991
                                                    Participant
                                                      Congrats Donna and thanks for posting this encouraging status! I needed to hear this, just finished Yervoy 2 weeks ago and the last week has been a rough one.
                                                      awillett1991
                                                      Participant
                                                        Rocco
                                                        Participant

Happy Holidays Donna!

Glad to hear that you too are still NED thanks to Yervoy!  Sorry to hear of your cardiac issues.  Get  some rest – you've certainly earned it!

-Rocco

Ned since 2009 thanks to MDX-010 (Yervoy) trial.

Rocco
                                                          Participant

Happy Holidays Donna!

Glad to hear that you too are still NED thanks to Yervoy!  Sorry to hear of your cardiac issues.  Get  some rest – you've certainly earned it!

-Rocco

Rocco
                                                            Participant

Happy Holidays Donna!

-Rocco

Rocco
                                                              Participant

Happy Holidays Donna!

-Rocco

Rocco
                                                                Participant

Happy Holidays Donna!

-Rocco

Rocco
                                                                  Participant

Happy Holidays Donna!

-Rocco

Snickers60
                                                                      Participant

Way to go, DONNA !!!!   This is encouaging to all of us, anytime we read someone is NED on any treatment.   KEEP ON KEEPING ON !   Such good news – thanks for sharing.

(P.S.   My Wayne has been NED for 7 months and had cardiac issues too.   Had one artery 95% blocked and they just put in a stent a few weeks ago.   Just goes to show you that other things CAN still happen.   HOPING you get great help and complete healing in that area too).   

Nancy (devoted wife of 3 X Warrior Wayne)  <><

Snickers60
                                                                        Participant

Way to go, DONNA !!!!   This is encouaging to all of us, anytime we read someone is NED on any treatment.   KEEP ON KEEPING ON !   Such good news – thanks for sharing.

(P.S.   My Wayne has been NED for 7 months and had cardiac issues too.   Had one artery 95% blocked and they just put in a stent a few weeks ago.   Just goes to show you that other things CAN still happen.   HOPING you get great help and complete healing in that area too).   

Vermont_Donna
                                                                          Participant

Thanks everyone……I go for my next oncology checkup on January 16th and hope the news will still be good! I just got put on my 4th heart medication and am taking it easy at home now that I am not working. I have my second grandchild due in April so I definitely want to be here to be "Grammy"!

Happy Holidays to all,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

NED since 2/11 since Yervoy

Vermont_Donna
                                                                            Participant

Thanks everyone……I go for my next oncology checkup on January 16th and hope the news will still be good! I just got put on my 4th heart medication and am taking it easy at home now that I am not working. I have my second grandchild due in April so I definitely want to be here to be "Grammy"!

Happy Holidays to all,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                                                                              Participant

Happy Holidays to all,

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Snickers60
                                                                                Participant

Daughterwhocares
                                                                                Participant
                                                                                  Donna- can you tell us more about your story? Where did the melanoma first appear? What stage were you at? Did you have any chemo? We’re you ever hospitalized?

I’d appreciate any info anyone can give that has had success with the drug

Linny
                                                                                    Participant

Donna has completed a profile. To read about her history, just click on her user name. smiley

Linny
                                                                                      Participant

Donna has completed a profile. To read about her history, just click on her user name. smiley

Linny
                                                                                        Participant

Daughterwhocares
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                          Donna- can you tell us more about your story? Where did the melanoma first appear? What stage were you at? Did you have any chemo? We’re you ever hospitalized?

Daughterwhocares
                                                                                          Participant

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics