The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

15 year old warrior gets 6 month NED!

Forums General Melanoma Community 15 year old warrior gets 6 month NED!

Participant

Josiah got his CT and PET results yesterday and they are looking great! Two lymph nodes in his neck lit up on the CT, but the PET showed nothing. Since Josiah has had chronic post-nasal drip from the Interferon, the Oncs are feeling strongly that the nodes are lighting up b/c of the side effects. He will be scanned again in three months and the nodes will be watched. I am trying not to worry ….. his primary growth was on his rear end so it would be more worrisome if nodes in the groin area lit up vs. so far away from original site.

Josiah got his CT and PET results yesterday and they are looking great! Two lymph nodes in his neck lit up on the CT, but the PET showed nothing. Since Josiah has had chronic post-nasal drip from the Interferon, the Oncs are feeling strongly that the nodes are lighting up b/c of the side effects. He will be scanned again in three months and the nodes will be watched. I am trying not to worry ….. his primary growth was on his rear end so it would be more worrisome if nodes in the groin area lit up vs. so far away from original site. I have also heard from others that they had reactive nodes while on Interferon that turned out to be nothing. We are remaining positive!!

Viewing 13 reply threads
    • Replies
        KatyWI
        Participant

Great news!

KatyWI
          Participant

Great news!

Carol Taylor
            Participant

Josiah lights up his world and all around him! A bright guy! Great news and I'm sure Mom is breathing huge sighs of relief! Blessings!

Lord, we give You thanks. Amen and Amen!

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Josiah lights up his world and all around him! A bright guy! Great news and I'm sure Mom is breathing huge sighs of relief! Blessings!

Lord, we give You thanks. Amen and Amen!

Grace and peace,

Carol

shellebrownies
                Participant

That's great news! So glad to hear your son got good scans.

Michelle, wife of Don

shellebrownies
                  Participant

That's great news! So glad to hear your son got good scans.

Michelle, wife of Don

lhaley
                    Participant

Glad to hear the great news!  Keep the positive thoughts going. Hope Josiah has a great summer enjoying his vacation and free time.

Linda

lhaley
                      Participant

Glad to hear the great news!  Keep the positive thoughts going. Hope Josiah has a great summer enjoying his vacation and free time.

Linda

James from Sydney
                        Participant

so so happy to hear your news go out and celebrate.

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
                          Participant

so so happy to hear your news go out and celebrate.

best wishes

James

DeniseK
                            Participant

That is soooo AWESOME!!  He's so young to be having to deal with this!  He's truly a warrior!! 

Denise

DeniseK
                              Participant

That is soooo AWESOME!!  He's so young to be having to deal with this!  He's truly a warrior!! 

Denise

Laurie from maine
                                Participant

HOORAY!  I was hoping to hear how your son was doing.  I did have PET scans while on interferon.  I had my throat area light up a little, I had a cough most of the time I was on interferon, they werent sure if that was or not but after coming off interferon everything calmed down there and scans didnt show anything lighting up there anymore. 

I am thrilled for you and your son, enjoy the good news!

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                  Participant

HOORAY!  I was hoping to hear how your son was doing.  I did have PET scans while on interferon.  I had my throat area light up a little, I had a cough most of the time I was on interferon, they werent sure if that was or not but after coming off interferon everything calmed down there and scans didnt show anything lighting up there anymore. 

I am thrilled for you and your son, enjoy the good news!

laurie from maine

Viewing 13 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics