The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

13 years NED Stage III

Forums General Melanoma Community 13 years NED Stage III

Participant

Hi everyone.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.  Well it's now coming up to the end of my 13th year surviving this disease.  After 3 primary melanomas of various depths and types over the 13 years, one spreading to my lymph nodes, 2 radiation treatments and lymphoedema in my right leg, it is so good to be persistently kicking this disease.  I have been clear for quite a few years now.  For all those out there who are battling and going through a difficult time at the moment, please never give up hope.  Try and reduce your stress over the holiday season and enjoy each day you have. Once again and I say this each year, but MPIP got me through some of those dark days and I will never forget that, thank you everyone for making this board a beacon of hope. You can read my patnet under Nicky

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        kpcollins31
        Participant

Thanks for sharing the positive news, Nicky. This is a roller coaster for many of us so it is great to hear the good stories.

Kevin

kpcollins31
          Participant

Thanks for sharing the positive news, Nicky. This is a roller coaster for many of us so it is great to hear the good stories.

Kevin

kpcollins31
            Participant

Kevin

BrianP
              Participant

Merry Christmas Nicky.  Thanks for your uplifting post.

BrianP
                Participant

BrianP
                  Participant

Jydnew
                    Participant

Congratulations on your continued NED-ness!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I'm going to piggy back on your post here and add the good news that my husband is approaching 12 years NED after stage iii.  Out of the blue, I thought to come here today and see what was going on, saw your post and realized how much I appreciated posts like this in the early days after my husband's diagnosis, and wanted to add his own NED success to boost other's morale.

Jahendry12
                        Participant

Congrats to all fighting and beating this horrible disease.  It's encouraging to hear these positive stories and gives everyone stricken with melanoma hope & positivity. Thanks for sharing…..& please keep sharing. 

Jahendry12
                          Participant

Congrats to all fighting and beating this horrible disease.  It's encouraging to hear these positive stories and gives everyone stricken with melanoma hope & positivity. Thanks for sharing…..& please keep sharing. 

Jahendry12
                            Participant

Jahendry12
                              Participant

Jahendry12
                                Participant

Jahendry12
                                  Participant

Jydnew
                                  Participant

I'm going to piggy back on your post here and add the good news that my husband is approaching 12 years NED after stage iii.  Out of the blue, I thought to come here today and see what was going on, saw your post and realized how much I appreciated posts like this in the early days after my husband's diagnosis, and wanted to add his own NED success to boost other's morale.

Jydnew
                                    Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics