The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

11 year update

Forums General Melanoma Community 11 year update

Participant

January is my 11 year anniversary of having my 0.85 Clarks level III biopsey, and 0.93 surgical removal depth mm removed.

SNLB was negative.

I have been fortunate to be NED all this time. Just want to add my anniversary here to add a little hope for others that may have been recently diagnosed with similar mm depth.

All my best to everyone fighting this terrible monster of a desease.

Mike N

January is my 11 year anniversary of having my 0.85 Clarks level III biopsey, and 0.93 surgical removal depth mm removed.

SNLB was negative.

I have been fortunate to be NED all this time. Just want to add my anniversary here to add a little hope for others that may have been recently diagnosed with similar mm depth.

All my best to everyone fighting this terrible monster of a desease.

Mike N

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Minnesota
        Participant

That's very encouraging, thank you, and congrats on 11 years!

Minnesota
          Participant

Minnesota
            Participant

TracyP
              Participant

That is fan-freaking-tastic Mike!!!! I appreciated you posting this yes

TracyP
                Participant

TracyP
                  Participant

gtown
                    Participant

Great news !!!! I wish you similiar luck in the future. I wish more people would give updates like this, it gives me hope when I'm down. 

gtown
                      Participant

Great news !!!! I wish you similiar luck in the future. I wish more people would give updates like this, it gives me hope when I'm down. 

gtown
                        Participant

Gene_S
                          Participant

Great news Mike you are truly one of the lucky ones.  Keep on staying NED. 

Gene_S
                            Participant

Gene_S
                              Participant

triciad
                                Participant

Mike,

I just love reading posts like this…thanks for giving us all some hope!  Keep it going!

Tricia

triciad
                                  Participant

Mike,

I just love reading posts like this…thanks for giving us all some hope!  Keep it going!

Tricia

triciad
                                    Participant

Mike,

Tricia

BethA in VA
                                      Participant

Always nice to see good news posted.  It gives those struggling much needed hope.    BethA 3/B

BethA in VA
                                        Participant

Always nice to see good news posted.  It gives those struggling much needed hope.    BethA 3/B

BethA in VA
                                          Participant

Kelli100299
                                            Participant

That is wonderful news. I hope to be as fortunate as you. Was there anything different or special you did  pertaining to your health after diagnosis or did you just continue to do your follow ups and pay attention to any changes?

Thanks for sharing!

Kellismiley

Kelli100299
                                              Participant

That is wonderful news. I hope to be as fortunate as you. Was there anything different or special you did  pertaining to your health after diagnosis or did you just continue to do your follow ups and pay attention to any changes?

Thanks for sharing!

Kellismiley

Mike N
                                                  Participant

Kelli,

I really did not do much different in terms of my health, except for more excersize and that was for lowering my cholesterol. I am very vigilant about minimizing sun exposure, but I try not to get too freaked out about it. I still spend lots of time outdoors gardening, walking and running. I prefer protective clothing over sun block but use both.

I did have my Vitimin D level checked and supliment that with 2000 iu's a day to keep it up since I live in the north, and have little sun exposure.

All the best,

Mike N

Mike N
                                                    Participant

Kelli,

I really did not do much different in terms of my health, except for more excersize and that was for lowering my cholesterol. I am very vigilant about minimizing sun exposure, but I try not to get too freaked out about it. I still spend lots of time outdoors gardening, walking and running. I prefer protective clothing over sun block but use both.

I did have my Vitimin D level checked and supliment that with 2000 iu's a day to keep it up since I live in the north, and have little sun exposure.

All the best,

Mike N

Mike N
                                                      Participant

Kelli,

All the best,

Mike N

Kelli100299
                                                      Participant

Thanks for sharing!

Kellismiley

DonW
                                                        Participant

Hi, Mike! I can tell by the photoshopped photo that it's you. Nice to see you posting.

Mike N
                                                            Participant

Hi Don,

Nice of you to say hello. It has been a while since I have visited this BB.

Hope all is going well for you. I think about you sometimes when I am out running.

Best,

Mike N

Mike N
                                                              Participant

Hi Don,

Hope all is going well for you. I think about you sometimes when I am out running.

Best,

Mike N

Mike N
                                                                Participant

Hi Don,

Best,

Mike N

DonW
                                                                Participant

Hi, Mike! I can tell by the photoshopped photo that it's you. Nice to see you posting.

DonW
                                                                  Participant

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics