The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

10 year anniversary and still dancin’ with good ole NED!!

Forums General Melanoma Community 10 year anniversary and still dancin’ with good ole NED!!

Participant

Hi all,

Hi all,

Sorry I haven't been too good about staying in touch with everyone on this board but think of you and pray for all every day!  I've been living life!  Tomorrow is my 10 year anniversary with NED!  Diagnosed with Stage IIA melanoma in September of 2002.  Had a high mitotic rate and other unfavorable factors, offered a clinical trial, but decided to just go with the "watch" plan.  Well, ten years later and I'm still here!  Wishing all of you well and hoping and praying that some day soon they will find a real cure for this beast.   Blessings to all, Jenner

Viewing 23 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

I am so happy to read of your affair with NED that has lasted 10 years!!!!! laughyes

I hope it continues for many more.

Linny
          Participant

I am so happy to read of your affair with NED that has lasted 10 years!!!!! laughyes

Linny
            Participant

Gene_S
              Participant

WTG!!!   Have another dance with NED and celebrate.  Great News.

Judy (loving wife to Gene)

Gene_S
                Participant

Gene_S
                  Participant

Janner
                    Participant

WooHoo!  Way to go Jenner….

Janner  😉

Janner
                      Participant

Janner  😉

Janner
                        Participant

Janner  😉

JC
                          Participant

I read about the supplements you take and was wondering how you arrived at taking those versus others such as Turmeric, etc..?

JC
                            Participant

I read about the supplements you take and was wondering how you arrived at taking those versus others such as Turmeric, etc..?

Linny
                                Participant

Curcumin and turmeric are the same thing. The names are used interchangeably.

Linny
                                  Participant

Linny
                                    Participant

JennerFromIowa
                                      Participant

I had a dermatologist that was big on supplements.  The Curcumin Complex is mostly Turmeric.  I have stopped taking most of the supplements now though.  I was starting to have an overactive immune system which was causes other issues.  I only take multivitamins now. 

JennerFromIowa
                                        Participant

I had a dermatologist that was big on supplements.  The Curcumin Complex is mostly Turmeric.  I have stopped taking most of the supplements now though.  I was starting to have an overactive immune system which was causes other issues.  I only take multivitamins now. 

JennerFromIowa
                                          Participant

JC
                                          Participant

DebbieH
                                            Participant

Fabulous news!  I'm sure you've given hope to a lot of people here who are newly diagnosed – congratulations!

DebbieH, stage IIIC, NED 11 years after inf

DebbieH
                                              Participant

Fabulous news!  I'm sure you've given hope to a lot of people here who are newly diagnosed – congratulations!

kluft
                                                  Participant

Love to hear these anniversaries.. Congratulation Jenner and Debbi… My inspirations…

kluft
                                                    Participant

Love to hear these anniversaries.. Congratulation Jenner and Debbi… My inspirations…

kluft
                                                      Participant

DebbieH
                                                      Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                                        Participant

Whoope!

JerryfromFauq
                                                          Participant

Whoope!

JerryfromFauq
                                                            Participant

Whoope!

triciad
                                                              Participant

Congratulations for hitting a happy milestone.  Best wishes for many more decades of NED!!!!

triciad
                                                                Participant

Congratulations for hitting a happy milestone.  Best wishes for many more decades of NED!!!!

triciad
                                                                  Participant

hbecker
                                                                    Participant

Jenner, thanks so much for blessing us with your news! We read so much here every day about people with recurrent disease – it's great to have you come back and remind us that for the vast majority of melanoma patients, life does go on.

Best –

Hazel

hbecker
                                                                      Participant

Jenner, thanks so much for blessing us with your news! We read so much here every day about people with recurrent disease – it's great to have you come back and remind us that for the vast majority of melanoma patients, life does go on.

Best –

Hazel

hbecker
                                                                        Participant

Best –

Hazel

Viewing 23 reply threads
                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics