The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

1 year NED – Stage IV

Forums General Melanoma Community 1 year NED – Stage IV

Participant

Had scans yesterday, all is clear.  Next check in 6 mos.  I don't know why my onc also wants me to see the surgical onc next time, nothing to cut on – lol.  Whatevers…. perhaps it is just to cheer the surgical onc since some of us will be the one's extending the survival tail of stage IV, and I happen to be one of them *fingers crossed along with everything else*

VATS – 2/10

High dose IL-2 – 23 bags 5-6/10

NED oficially 7/10

Had scans yesterday, all is clear.  Next check in 6 mos.  I don't know why my onc also wants me to see the surgical onc next time, nothing to cut on – lol.  Whatevers…. perhaps it is just to cheer the surgical onc since some of us will be the one's extending the survival tail of stage IV, and I happen to be one of them *fingers crossed along with everything else*

VATS – 2/10

High dose IL-2 – 23 bags 5-6/10

NED oficially 7/10

Viewing 29 reply threads
    • Replies
        triciad
        Participant

Kim,

Congratulations and many blessings that you will be one who will defy all the statistics and live to a ripe old age at Stage 4.  I've followed your amazing story over the past few years with such admiration.  You go girl!

I must admit that I've also been a little jealous of you because you live in Hawaii.  I teach first grade and we do a huge unit on Hawaii complete with a luau.  It's amazing how much first graders can learn and remember.  They even learn two hulas – The Hukilau and Pearly Shells.  You can hear a pin drop (a rare event in first grade) throughout every story and lesson regarding Hawaii.  They also become obsessed with Pele, and naturally, learn NEVER to take something from Pele's home.

Mahalo for sharing your great new with everyone on the board!

Aloha,

Tricia

triciad
          Participant

Kim,

Congratulations and many blessings that you will be one who will defy all the statistics and live to a ripe old age at Stage 4.  I've followed your amazing story over the past few years with such admiration.  You go girl!

I must admit that I've also been a little jealous of you because you live in Hawaii.  I teach first grade and we do a huge unit on Hawaii complete with a luau.  It's amazing how much first graders can learn and remember.  They even learn two hulas – The Hukilau and Pearly Shells.  You can hear a pin drop (a rare event in first grade) throughout every story and lesson regarding Hawaii.  They also become obsessed with Pele, and naturally, learn NEVER to take something from Pele's home.

Mahalo for sharing your great new with everyone on the board!

Aloha,

Tricia

MichaelFL
            Participant

What? Has it been a year already? You and Jane are the IL-2 kick it to the curb-ers!

Congratulations!!! Keep it up!

Michael

MichaelFL
              Participant

What? Has it been a year already? You and Jane are the IL-2 kick it to the curb-ers!

Congratulations!!! Keep it up!

Michael

MaryD
                Participant

Way to go Kim!   There are plenty of us out there extending the Stage IV tail  and we have to keep the momentum going!

Enjoy and celebrate!

Mary

MaryD
                  Participant

Way to go Kim!   There are plenty of us out there extending the Stage IV tail  and we have to keep the momentum going!

Enjoy and celebrate!

Mary

KatyWI
                    Participant

Thrilled to hear it!

KatyWI

KatyWI
                      Participant

Thrilled to hear it!

KatyWI

Carver
                        Participant

Hey Kim,

This is such good news to read. I don't come to the MPIP much any more and I must say it was so heartening to read some good news from someone who was here when I first started reading the MPIP in 2006. Cheers, Carver

Carver
                          Participant

Hey Kim,

This is such good news to read. I don't come to the MPIP much any more and I must say it was so heartening to read some good news from someone who was here when I first started reading the MPIP in 2006. Cheers, Carver

debandmike
                            Participant

Fantastic news 🙂 Hope your NED continues on and on and on………..Keep the faith.

debandmike
                              Participant

Fantastic news 🙂 Hope your NED continues on and on and on………..Keep the faith.

jag
                                Participant

Congratulations Kim!

jag
                                  Participant

Congratulations Kim!

lhaley
                                    Participant

Great news Kim!!  How many rounds did you end up doing? 

Linda

lhaley
                                      Participant

Great news Kim!!  How many rounds did you end up doing? 

Linda

jimjoeb
                                        Participant

Fantastic!

Vermont_Donna
                                            Participant

Hi Kim,

I am so very HAPPY for you!! Congrats!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

Vermont_Donna
                                              Participant

Hi Kim,

I am so very HAPPY for you!! Congrats!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a, NED

jimjoeb
                                              Participant

Fantastic!

Kimmer
                                                Participant

YAY Kim (!!!)

This is the best kind of news.  Will sure lift my glass in your honor tonight.

Take good care, k.

Kimmer
                                                  Participant

YAY Kim (!!!)

This is the best kind of news.  Will sure lift my glass in your honor tonight.

Take good care, k.

TracyLee
                                                    Participant

Kim,

HOORAY! As a fellow Stage IV, I'm anxious to join you in NED land.

TracyLee

TracyLee
                                                      Participant

Kim,

HOORAY! As a fellow Stage IV, I'm anxious to join you in NED land.

TracyLee

Hawaii Bob
                                                        Participant

Aloha Kim,

That is GREAT news !  I'm so happy for you and your girls Kim….. Hope all is well on the Big Island …

Aloha a hui hou,

Hawaii Bob

Oahu

Hawaii Bob
                                                          Participant

Aloha Kim,

That is GREAT news !  I'm so happy for you and your girls Kim….. Hope all is well on the Big Island …

Aloha a hui hou,

Hawaii Bob

Oahu

Hawaii Bob
                                                            Participant

Aloha Kim,

Aloha a hui hou,

Hawaii Bob

Oahu

Hawaii Bob
                                                              Participant

Aloha Kim,

Aloha a hui hou,

Hawaii Bob

Oahu

Janner
                                                                Participant

Been out of town, but wanted to post my well wishes, too!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  Hope the girls are doing well also!

Janner

Janner
                                                                  Participant

Been out of town, but wanted to post my well wishes, too!  CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  Hope the girls are doing well also!

Janner

NancyGM
                                                                    Participant

Congrats to you, Kim…wishing you many, many more!

NancyGM
                                                                      Participant

Congrats to you, Kim…wishing you many, many more!

Viewing 29 reply threads
                                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics