The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf still working!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf still working!!

Participant
      My husband had MRI & CT scan this week, 8 mos on Zelboraf and brain tumors are still shrinking and CT remains clean! πŸ™‚ POSITIVE MIND ATTITUDE & PRAYERS

My husband had MRI & CT scan this week, 8 mos on Zelboraf and brain tumors are still shrinking and CT remains clean! πŸ™‚ POSITIVE MIND ATTITUDE & PRAYERS

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        jmmm
        Participant
          Congratulations! My husband has been on Zelboraf for 16 months and just had an MRI showing NED and a CT showing NED! Hopefully you’ll continue on the same path.
          jmmm
          Participant
            Congratulations! My husband has been on Zelboraf for 16 months and just had an MRI showing NED and a CT showing NED! Hopefully you’ll continue on the same path.
              POW
              Participant

That's wonderful news, Kelly! I'm so happy for the both of you. Keep up the PMA and the prayers!

POW
                Participant

That's wonderful news, Kelly! I'm so happy for the both of you. Keep up the PMA and the prayers!

POW
                  Participant

kellygrl
                    Participant

Thanks! PMA & Prayers really makes a difference!

kellygrl
                      Participant

kellygrl
                        Participant

kellygrl
                          Participant

LOVE THIS!! Congrats to you guys as well!! We hope to continue as well, he is tolerating the Z, so I think we are on the right path!

kellygrl
                            Participant

LOVE THIS!! Congrats to you guys as well!! We hope to continue as well, he is tolerating the Z, so I think we are on the right path!

kellygrl
                              Participant

jmmm
                              Participant
                                aldakota22
                                Participant

Thank God Kelly.Been looking everyday for this post.Could not be happier for you both.Keep that PMA all the way to his NED.Again just love these posts of felow Z" users who are having succes.Enjoy Valentines Day with your sweetheart.Beat the Beast.  Al

kellygrl
                                    Participant

Thanks Al! You have been such an inspiration! I'm glad we are getting closer to joining the ranks of you, Dick & jmmm's husband from post above! He has been so positive thru this all, I KNOW that is making a difference! He stays off the internet and just lives a pretty normal day to day life. πŸ™‚

kellygrl
                                      Participant

Thanks Al! You have been such an inspiration! I'm glad we are getting closer to joining the ranks of you, Dick & jmmm's husband from post above! He has been so positive thru this all, I KNOW that is making a difference! He stays off the internet and just lives a pretty normal day to day life. πŸ™‚

kellygrl
                                        Participant

aldakota22
                                        Participant

Thank God Kelly.Been looking everyday for this post.Could not be happier for you both.Keep that PMA all the way to his NED.Again just love these posts of felow Z" users who are having succes.Enjoy Valentines Day with your sweetheart.Beat the Beast.  Al

aldakota22
                                          Participant

Richard_K
                                            Participant

Hey guys, really great to hear.  Congratulations

Dick

Richard_K
                                              Participant

Dick

Richard_K
                                                Participant

Dick

kellygrl
                                                    Participant

Thanks Dick! You are one of our inspirations. πŸ™‚

kellygrl
                                                      Participant

kellygrl
                                                        Participant

JanM
                                                        Participant

Congratulations; here's hoping you will continue to receive good news.  I have just begun taking Zelboraf (day 3) so am quite excited to hear about such positive results.

Jan

JanM
                                                          Participant

Congratulations; here's hoping you will continue to receive good news.  I have just begun taking Zelboraf (day 3) so am quite excited to hear about such positive results.

Jan

JanM
                                                            Participant

Jan

NYKaren
                                                                Participant
                                                                  Kelly, GREAT news!
                                                                  Your husband, jmmm’s husband, Al and Dick, ALL kicking butt with Zel. I’m so happy for you all and hoping I join the team. Doc says that if/when I stop responding, on to BRAF/MEK combo. It’s a good time to be hopeful. PMA all the way!
                                                                  Love to all.
                                                                  NYKaren
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    Kelly, GREAT news!
                                                                    Your husband, jmmm’s husband, Al and Dick, ALL kicking butt with Zel. I’m so happy for you all and hoping I join the team. Doc says that if/when I stop responding, on to BRAF/MEK combo. It’s a good time to be hopeful. PMA all the way!
                                                                    Love to all.
                                                                    NYKaren
                                                                    Participant
                                                                      Kelly, GREAT news!
                                                                      Love to all.
                                                                      NYKaren
                                                                      Participant
                                                                        Sorry Jan, meant to say that i hope we BOTH get to join the club. PMA is Positive Mental Attitude, coined by Al, a great supporter and along with Dick, a great inspiration to us all. (Or maybe it’s positive Mind attitude)
                                                                        πŸ™‚
                                                                        NYKaren
                                                                        Participant
                                                                          Sorry Jan, meant to say that i hope we BOTH get to join the club. PMA is Positive Mental Attitude, coined by Al, a great supporter and along with Dick, a great inspiration to us all. (Or maybe it’s positive Mind attitude)
                                                                          πŸ™‚
                                                                          NYKaren
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            πŸ™‚
                                                                            kellygrl
                                                                            Participant

Hey Karen we would be happy to have you!! πŸ™‚   PMA always!!  We throw in a little prayer too.. πŸ˜‰

kellygrl
                                                                              Participant

Hey Karen we would be happy to have you!! πŸ™‚   PMA always!!  We throw in a little prayer too.. πŸ˜‰

kellygrl
                                                                                Participant

kellygrl
                                                                                  Participant

Thanks Jan!! Best of luck to you as you begin your journey on Zelboraf!! As you can see not everyone develops a resistance at 5 mos, 7 mos..  or whatever…   those were anxious times, but now we are passed that and contnue to enjoy life one day at a time! πŸ™‚ I will be thinking of you.

Kelly   oh * don't forget PMA (coined by Al) POSTIVE MIND ATTITUDE!!!!!!

kellygrl
                                                                                    Participant

Thanks Jan!! Best of luck to you as you begin your journey on Zelboraf!! As you can see not everyone develops a resistance at 5 mos, 7 mos..  or whatever…   those were anxious times, but now we are passed that and contnue to enjoy life one day at a time! πŸ™‚ I will be thinking of you.

kellygrl
                                                                                      Participant

awillett1991
                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                          Congratulations! I’m now 10 months since starting and was told last wk ALL liver levels are normal for the first time in “it seems like forever”. Don’t have to return to oncology for 4 weeks!! I’m 2 wks on/1 wk off Z right now for side effects – So much worse after adding Ipi. Still, worth it.
                                                                                          awillett1991
                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                            Congratulations! I’m now 10 months since starting and was told last wk ALL liver levels are normal for the first time in “it seems like forever”. Don’t have to return to oncology for 4 weeks!! I’m 2 wks on/1 wk off Z right now for side effects – So much worse after adding Ipi. Still, worth it.
                                                                                            awillett1991
                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                              kellygrl
                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                Congrats to you as well!!! Sorry about all the side effects…. but definitely worth it!! My hubby had to come off a few wks because of liver counts, no problems since. Hang in there!! Positive thoughts your way. πŸ™‚
                                                                                                NEHT2868
                                                                                                Participant

Question for the Zelboraf users out there. I just received my 2nd shipment of Z and the 2 batch does not distinguish between "AM" and "PM" on the pill bottles. The first batch clearly indicated one was for "AM" and the other was for "PM". Has this happened to anyone else? Does it matter? Help!

Bryan

NEHT2868
                                                                                                  Participant

Question for the Zelboraf users out there. I just received my 2nd shipment of Z and the 2 batch does not distinguish between "AM" and "PM" on the pill bottles. The first batch clearly indicated one was for "AM" and the other was for "PM". Has this happened to anyone else? Does it matter? Help!

Bryan

NEHT2868
                                                                                                    Participant

Bryan

kellygrl
                                                                                                      Participant
                                                                                                        Congrats to you as well!!! Sorry about all the side effects…. but definitely worth it!! My hubby had to come off a few wks because of liver counts, no problems since. Hang in there!! Positive thoughts your way. πŸ™‚
                                                                                                        kellygrl
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                        NYKaren
                                                                                                        Participant
                                                                                                          Bryan,
                                                                                                          It doesn’t matter at all, the pills are exactly the same.
                                                                                                          Karen
                                                                                                          NYKaren
                                                                                                          Participant
                                                                                                            Bryan,
                                                                                                            Karen
                                                                                                            NYKaren
                                                                                                            Participant
                                                                                                              Bryan,
                                                                                                              Karen
                                                                                                          Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics