The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf – New Small Moles

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf – New Small Moles

Participant

Hi all:

I've recently created a profile if you're interested in any background info.

I've been on Zelboraf since November, with good results overall.  However, I'm now seeing a lot of new small, dark moles – like my arms and particularly my legs have been sprinkled with pepper.  This in spite of the fact that my last PET scan showed dormant tumors and no glucose activity.

Anybody else  on Zelboraf seen this?  I'm scheduled to see a dermatologist next week.

BJ

Hi all:

I've recently created a profile if you're interested in any background info.

I've been on Zelboraf since November, with good results overall.  However, I'm now seeing a lot of new small, dark moles – like my arms and particularly my legs have been sprinkled with pepper.  This in spite of the fact that my last PET scan showed dormant tumors and no glucose activity.

Anybody else  on Zelboraf seen this?  I'm scheduled to see a dermatologist next week.

BJ

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        AllyNTAus
        Participant
          Hi,
          When I started on my BRAF inhibitor (GSK version, Dabrafenib), I did start to notice new dark freckles or moles, mostly quite tiny. They were in various places, around my neck, trunk, thigh. The dermatologists at my melanoma centre have kept a very good eye in things over time, and have excised a few of these new spots, all came back as blue naevi, which were of no concern.

You certainly do get to know your skin very well at times like this, just make sure you keep a note of new things or changes and ask your derm to have a good look.
          Best wishes,
          Ally

AllyNTAus
          Participant
            Hi,
            When I started on my BRAF inhibitor (GSK version, Dabrafenib), I did start to notice new dark freckles or moles, mostly quite tiny. They were in various places, around my neck, trunk, thigh. The dermatologists at my melanoma centre have kept a very good eye in things over time, and have excised a few of these new spots, all came back as blue naevi, which were of no concern.

You certainly do get to know your skin very well at times like this, just make sure you keep a note of new things or changes and ask your derm to have a good look.
            Best wishes,
            Ally

AllyNTAus
            Participant
              Hi,

Best wishes,
              Ally

awillett1991
              Participant
                Yes, have loads of these that seem to appear overnight. Not my favorite thing ๐Ÿ˜‰
                awillett1991
                Participant
                  Yes, have loads of these that seem to appear overnight. Not my favorite thing ๐Ÿ˜‰
                  awillett1991
                  Participant
                    H555
                    Participant
                      I’ve always had a lot of moles and grew more while I was on zelboraf. Only 1 turned into melanoma and I’m seen so often by my dermatologist that it was caught quickly, excised and biopsied. Totally unrelated to my stage 4 metastatic cancer.
                      H555
                      Participant
                        I’ve always had a lot of moles and grew more while I was on zelboraf. Only 1 turned into melanoma and I’m seen so often by my dermatologist that it was caught quickly, excised and biopsied. Totally unrelated to my stage 4 metastatic cancer.
                        H555
                        Participant
                          bj63
                          Participant

Thank you all for the replies.  I see my dermatologist in just a few hours and I'll let you know what he says.  Wish me luck!

bj63
                            Participant

Thank you all for the replies.  I see my dermatologist in just a few hours and I'll let you know what he says.  Wish me luck!

bj63
                              Participant

bj63
                                Participant

The dermatologist thought most of the new small moles had a fairly normal appearance and not concerning, despite the quantity that have popped up (literally scores of them).  I did have one mole on my back that has been itching and he removed via shave biopsy.  However, he said he thinks it is a sebhorric keratosis and probably nothing to be alarmed about.  Should have biopsy results in a couple weeks.

BJ

bj63
                                  Participant

The dermatologist thought most of the new small moles had a fairly normal appearance and not concerning, despite the quantity that have popped up (literally scores of them).  I did have one mole on my back that has been itching and he removed via shave biopsy.  However, he said he thinks it is a sebhorric keratosis and probably nothing to be alarmed about.  Should have biopsy results in a couple weeks.

BJ

bj63
                                    Participant

BJ

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics