The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf holiday is over

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf holiday is over

Participant

Last week I received good scan news but bad blood news.  My bilirubin was up and I was placed on a “holiday” from Zelboraf.  Yesterday I had blood retested locally and this morning I was told the bilirubin was back to normal, my “holiday” was over.  Whew!  Next week I will have completed 43 months on Zelboraf.

Last week I received good scan news but bad blood news.  My bilirubin was up and I was placed on a “holiday” from Zelboraf.  Yesterday I had blood retested locally and this morning I was told the bilirubin was back to normal, my “holiday” was over.  Whew!  Next week I will have completed 43 months on Zelboraf.

Viewing 10 reply threads
    • Replies

Hi …..I am so happy to see you doing so well.  I have had raised bilirubin for months …but never high enough to stop.  

November 13( or there abouts)  will be 2 years for me. Next week is my monthly visit to Dana Farber…no pet or mri

this month…..just blood ,ekg and Drs. visits….nice and easy!!!  Best wishes, mary

Hi …..I am so happy to see you doing so well.  I have had raised bilirubin for months …but never high enough to stop.  

November 13( or there abouts)  will be 2 years for me. Next week is my monthly visit to Dana Farber…no pet or mri

this month…..just blood ,ekg and Drs. visits….nice and easy!!!  Best wishes, mary

Oh my..I have to tell you I used you first name in my last msg. and had to remove it because i hit the"profanity" filter..ha ha

Richard_K
        Participant
          Ha. Ran into that a while back. I no longer “sign” my posts.
          jmmm
          Participant
            Yeah…keep posting this good news! My husband has scans in a couple of weeks and it will be 23 months on Zelboraf. We’re praying for continued NED. You keep us optimistic that this medicine may work long term on some patients. He had a few months of elevated bilirubin, but now he has a slightly raised creatnin level and occasional elevated liver levels (but not enough to make him stop taking Zelboraf).
            jmmm
            Participant
              Yeah…keep posting this good news! My husband has scans in a couple of weeks and it will be 23 months on Zelboraf. We’re praying for continued NED. You keep us optimistic that this medicine may work long term on some patients. He had a few months of elevated bilirubin, but now he has a slightly raised creatnin level and occasional elevated liver levels (but not enough to make him stop taking Zelboraf).
              jmmm
              Participant
                Tina D
                Participant

That is indeed good news! So glad you continue to do well and that the bili is back to normal. 43 months…AWESOME!!

Tina

Tina D
                  Participant

That is indeed good news! So glad you continue to do well and that the bili is back to normal. 43 months…AWESOME!!

Tina

Tina D
                    Participant

Tina

Oh my..I have to tell you I used you first name in my last msg. and had to remove it because i hit the"profanity" filter..ha ha

Richard_K
                      Participant
                        Richard_K
                        Participant
                      Viewing 10 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics