The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf Cost & Medicare Part D

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf Cost & Medicare Part D

Participant

Hello, does anyone out there have any success with Medicare Part D?  

My Mother is Stage IV Mets and has been prescribed Zelboraf , but it leaves an enormous co-pay that cannot be afforded of $2,000 + per month.  We are trying to get assistance from Genentech on this, but it is leaving a huge monthly payment.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?  Success stories, advice?  How are you affording your Zelboraf?

Thank You

Hello, does anyone out there have any success with Medicare Part D?  

My Mother is Stage IV Mets and has been prescribed Zelboraf , but it leaves an enormous co-pay that cannot be afforded of $2,000 + per month.  We are trying to get assistance from Genentech on this, but it is leaving a huge monthly payment.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this?  Success stories, advice?  How are you affording your Zelboraf?

Thank You

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jackie W
        Participant

I read where Zelboraf has been FDA approved for MM.  I would suggest calling Medicare and find out if she would be covered under Medicare.  When my husband was prescribed Temodar, I called medicare (3times to speak to 3 different people) and found out it was FDA approved for Melanoma, and Medicare would pay for it.

Jackie W

Jackie W
          Participant

I read where Zelboraf has been FDA approved for MM.  I would suggest calling Medicare and find out if she would be covered under Medicare.  When my husband was prescribed Temodar, I called medicare (3times to speak to 3 different people) and found out it was FDA approved for Melanoma, and Medicare would pay for it.

Jackie W

Jackie W
            Participant

Jackie W

Kosta
              Participant

Try here. http://www.cdfund.org 

Kosta
                Participant

Kosta
                  Participant

Tim–MRF

This sounds odd to me.  I have not heard of others who have had anything like this level of co-pay.  I am in touch with Genentech with some regularity and am happy to reach out to them on this.  I know they are sensitive to the pricing issue and are working aggressively to be sure that the cost is not a barrier to people receiving the drug.  Genentech has one of the stronger programs in this of any pharmaceutical.  Feel free to email me offline if you want.  I can connect you with a person at the company who will walk your case through and ensure things are handled properly.

Tim–MRF

[email protected]

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

Tim, I, as a retired federal employe, have a problem with my current Plan and need to change company's.  The first FEHB plan that I checked would require me to pay over $2,000.00 (approximately my total monthly retirement income) a month for my Gleevec alone.  I am attempting to get information on what other plans would pay towards my life saving treatment.  I fully understand what the poster is going through.  I do often wonder how many people here die because they are too "wealthy" to be able to afford to live?  (My rant for the day.  I know you would modify some things if you could do so!)

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

Tim, I, as a retired federal employe, have a problem with my current Plan and need to change company's.  The first FEHB plan that I checked would require me to pay over $2,000.00 (approximately my total monthly retirement income) a month for my Gleevec alone.  I am attempting to get information on what other plans would pay towards my life saving treatment.  I fully understand what the poster is going through.  I do often wonder how many people here die because they are too "wealthy" to be able to afford to live?  (My rant for the day.  I know you would modify some things if you could do so!)

JerryfromFauq
                            Participant

Tim–MRF

This sounds odd to me.  I have not heard of others who have had anything like this level of co-pay.  I am in touch with Genentech with some regularity and am happy to reach out to them on this.  I know they are sensitive to the pricing issue and are working aggressively to be sure that the cost is not a barrier to people receiving the drug.  Genentech has one of the stronger programs in this of any pharmaceutical.  Feel free to email me offline if you want.  I can connect you with a person at the company who will walk your case through and ensure things are handled properly.

Tim–MRF

[email protected]

Tim–MRF

Tim–MRF

[email protected]

Viewing 8 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics