The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zelboraf

Forums General Melanoma Community Zelboraf

Participant
      Hello 🙂
      My father has been battling stage IV melanoma for several years.
      He was treated with Ipi and most recently the clinical trial drug PD-1.
      He had a very rare side effect on the PD-1 and can no longer take it.
      He has 2 masses on his adrenal glands which grew 1/2 inch since he stopped pd-1 which was about 4 weeks ago.
      He had a total of 5 infusions.
      The adrenal tumors were there with Ipi so he’s pretty stable at this time.
      I hope the Zelboraf will work for my father.
      I would love to hear any feedback from anyone on this drug, side effects, current prognosis!!

Thanks so much in advance!!!!

Margaret

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant
          Hi Margaret

I am sorry to hear your father had to get off pd1 because of a side effect?

What was the RARE severe side effect that your father had on PD1? Was you father on Merck or BMS  PD1?

I am sending positive thoughts to your father that Zelboraf will work. 
          killmel
          Participant
            Hi Margaret

What was the RARE severe side effect that your father had on PD1? Was you father on Merck or BMS  PD1?

killmel
            Participant
              Hi Margaret

mclaus23
              Participant
                Thank you!
                He had acute joint pain.. His wrists, knees, ankles were so swollen and tender he couldn’t even touch them.
                He didn’t get up for days.
                He was on the bms pd-1.
                mclaus23
                Participant
                  Thank you!
                  He had acute joint pain.. His wrists, knees, ankles were so swollen and tender he couldn’t even touch them.
                  He was on the bms pd-1.
                  mclaus23
                  Participant
                    Thank you!
                    He was on the bms pd-1.
                    mclaus23
                    Participant
                      Thank you!
                      He was on the bms pd-1.
                      mclaus23
                      Participant
                        Thank you!
                        He was on the bms pd-1.
                        mclaus23
                        Participant
                          Thank you!
                          He was on the bms pd-1.
                          awillett1991
                          Participant
                            You can check my profile to find my experience w Zel. There are current studies trying to extend the usefulness for most people by way of intermittent dosing – not sure it’s clear yet what the best strategy is.

Good luck to you and your father, take the photo sensitivity very seriously. I would burn in the car with windows up unless I wore long sleeves.

awillett1991
                            Participant
                              You can check my profile to find my experience w Zel. There are current studies trying to extend the usefulness for most people by way of intermittent dosing – not sure it’s clear yet what the best strategy is.

Good luck to you and your father, take the photo sensitivity very seriously. I would burn in the car with windows up unless I wore long sleeves.

awillett1991
                              Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics