The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Zel has stopped working

Forums General Melanoma Community Zel has stopped working

Participant

Last brain mri had shown everything was either stable or shrinking. Ct was clear.   Yesterday the mri showed that the 2 that had been stabled (radiated in June and then bleeding) is still shrinking however there are now about 20 brain lesions.   Options are now limited.

I had always said I won't do WBR but I have to try. They fit me for the mask today and will start on Friday.  Once this is finished I will be trying Yervoy. 

Linda

Last brain mri had shown everything was either stable or shrinking. Ct was clear.   Yesterday the mri showed that the 2 that had been stabled (radiated in June and then bleeding) is still shrinking however there are now about 20 brain lesions.   Options are now limited.

I had always said I won't do WBR but I have to try. They fit me for the mask today and will start on Friday.  Once this is finished I will be trying Yervoy. 

Linda

Viewing 50 reply threads
    • Replies
        vivian
        Participant

Linda,

So sorry to read this news, but I remember that  your melanoma fighting skills are awesome!  I am holding you in the light and sending love and virtual hugs.  I pray WBR and Yervoy are the winning combination.

Peace and love,

Lear

vivian
          Participant

Linda,

So sorry to read this news, but I remember that  your melanoma fighting skills are awesome!  I am holding you in the light and sending love and virtual hugs.  I pray WBR and Yervoy are the winning combination.

Peace and love,

Lear

NYKaren
              Participant
                Dear Linda,

You’ve been through so much; that’s the thing about this sucky disease…we can never say never.

The good thing is that you have a plan. I hope and pray that this combo works for you. You, my friend, are one brave, strong lady!

Love,
                Karen

NYKaren
                Participant
                  Dear Linda,

You’ve been through so much; that’s the thing about this sucky disease…we can never say never.

The good thing is that you have a plan. I hope and pray that this combo works for you. You, my friend, are one brave, strong lady!

Love,
                  Karen

NYKaren
                  Participant
                    Dear Linda,

Love,
                    Karen

vivian
                  Participant

Linda,

Peace and love,

Lear

Fen
                    Participant

Sorry for the new development, Linda.  Praying the WBR puts a hold on things and that ipi does the trick.  I'll be thinking of and praying for you during this process.   Fen

Snickers60
                        Participant

Sooo sorry to hear this Linda !   It is so devastating to get negative results in any way.    Please know you are cared

for here and keep us updated on your treatment plans.   WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR YOU and PRAYING FOR YOU  ! 

Nancy and Wayne (3 X WARRIOR)  <><

Snickers60
                          Participant

Sooo sorry to hear this Linda !   It is so devastating to get negative results in any way.    Please know you are cared

for here and keep us updated on your treatment plans.   WE ARE ALL PULLING FOR YOU and PRAYING FOR YOU  ! 

Snickers60
                            Participant

Fen
                            Participant

Sorry for the new development, Linda.  Praying the WBR puts a hold on things and that ipi does the trick.  I'll be thinking of and praying for you during this process.   Fen

Fen
                              Participant

kylez
                                Participant

Linda, you've really got the fighting spirit with this news. Good luck with with the few weeks, hope you'll be starting Yervoy soon.  At least "they" suspect radiation + Yervoy are a good combination, body and brain both. 

When contemplating the possibility of WBR I am where you've been — wanting to say "no way" and being very happy to avoid it so far. But I've also read the messages from folks on this forum who reported getting through it well. I wish you the best from this next round of treatments.

– Kyle 

kylez
                                    Participant

…good luck with the next few weeks of treatment.

kylez
                                      Participant

kylez
                                        Participant

kylez
                                        Participant

Linda, you've really got the fighting spirit with this news. Good luck with with the few weeks, hope you'll be starting Yervoy soon.  At least "they" suspect radiation + Yervoy are a good combination, body and brain both. 

When contemplating the possibility of WBR I am where you've been — wanting to say "no way" and being very happy to avoid it so far. But I've also read the messages from folks on this forum who reported getting through it well. I wish you the best from this next round of treatments.

– Kyle 

kylez
                                          Participant

– Kyle 

POW
                                            Participant

Oh, Linda! Such disappointing news! I'm just glad that they did an MRI and found the mets while they are still so small. 

I was very reluctant for my brother to have WBR but, like you, he really didn't have a choice. He had 2 large mets and several small ones. One of the large mets bled and caused a stroke and the doctors didn't want to take a chance of that happening again.

It turns out that the WBR wasn't so bad. My brother got more and more fatigued as the treatments went on (10 treatments over 2 weeks) but within 2 or 3 weeks he bounced back. His long term effects aren't too bad, either. His short term memory is erratic and he has had to learn to carry a little notebook around with him all the time and discipline himself to write things down. He had to write down all his computer passwords. He got a big calendar to write down his appointments because he can't remember them. Things like that. Oh, and he sometimes can't find a word he is looking for and has to search around in his head for a different word. (Of course, being over 60, I find myself doing that, too!) However, he never had any seizures and is back to driving. He enjoys working on his sailboat and going out to dinner and having visitors and overall he feels pretty good. 

I hope and pray that the WBR works as well for you and that the Yervoy knocks the remaining mets flat!

POW
                                              Participant

Oh, Linda! Such disappointing news! I'm just glad that they did an MRI and found the mets while they are still so small. 

I was very reluctant for my brother to have WBR but, like you, he really didn't have a choice. He had 2 large mets and several small ones. One of the large mets bled and caused a stroke and the doctors didn't want to take a chance of that happening again.

It turns out that the WBR wasn't so bad. My brother got more and more fatigued as the treatments went on (10 treatments over 2 weeks) but within 2 or 3 weeks he bounced back. His long term effects aren't too bad, either. His short term memory is erratic and he has had to learn to carry a little notebook around with him all the time and discipline himself to write things down. He had to write down all his computer passwords. He got a big calendar to write down his appointments because he can't remember them. Things like that. Oh, and he sometimes can't find a word he is looking for and has to search around in his head for a different word. (Of course, being over 60, I find myself doing that, too!) However, he never had any seizures and is back to driving. He enjoys working on his sailboat and going out to dinner and having visitors and overall he feels pretty good. 

I hope and pray that the WBR works as well for you and that the Yervoy knocks the remaining mets flat!

POW
                                                Participant

Charlie S
                                                  Participant

Well, you are a smart girl and you know the deal with all the calculations; , plan A, B, C and D.

You have surrounded yourself with a team that will do your bidding because it is your chances and therefore your choice; yet informed.

You go girl and do not look back; do your level best.

That has held you in good stead so far.

Be confident.

If I may; get away from everybody and everything and find a mirror.  Look into your own eyes in that mirror; and i mean LOOK………..stare into your own eyes , pierce your inner eye and if you look long enough, your eyes will open up your inner self.

Truly, just try it.  It just might help.

Cheers,

Charlie

lhaley
                                                      Participant

Charlie,

I spent last night basically crying.  When I thought I had myself together I talked to my son (Sammy had already called Brandon).  I took some deep soul searching and woke up this morning and I felt in control. 

Linda heart

lhaley
                                                        Participant

Charlie,

I spent last night basically crying.  When I thought I had myself together I talked to my son (Sammy had already called Brandon).  I took some deep soul searching and woke up this morning and I felt in control. 

Linda heart

lhaley
                                                          Participant

Charlie,

Linda heart

Charlie S
                                                          Participant

Well, you are a smart girl and you know the deal with all the calculations; , plan A, B, C and D.

You have surrounded yourself with a team that will do your bidding because it is your chances and therefore your choice; yet informed.

Be confident.

If I may; get away from everybody and everything and find a mirror.  Look into your own eyes in that mirror; and i mean LOOK………..stare into your own eyes , pierce your inner eye and if you look long enough, your eyes will open up your inner self.

Cheers,

Charlie

Charlie S
                                                            Participant

Be confident.

Cheers,

Charlie

awillett1991
                                                              Participant
                                                                So very sorry to hear this Linda. I will be praying for you. There are several trials studying Ipi and SRS or Ipi and WBR, thinking is that the radiation can kick start the Ipi. Keep fighting!

Amy

awillett1991
                                                                Participant
                                                                  So very sorry to hear this Linda. I will be praying for you. There are several trials studying Ipi and SRS or Ipi and WBR, thinking is that the radiation can kick start the Ipi. Keep fighting!

Amy

awillett1991
                                                                  Participant

Amy

deardad
                                                                      Participant

Dear Linda,

Im sorry to hear the MRI results……..I hate this disease. Go for the whole brain and don't look back….it might just hold the mel till you get onto IPI. My heart goes out to you during this time, stay positive and keep fighting.

Love Nahmi

deardad
                                                                        Participant

Dear Linda,

Im sorry to hear the MRI results……..I hate this disease. Go for the whole brain and don't look back….it might just hold the mel till you get onto IPI. My heart goes out to you during this time, stay positive and keep fighting.

Love Nahmi

deardad
                                                                          Participant

Dear Linda,

Love Nahmi

CarolA
                                                                          Participant

Dear Linda,   Adding my prayers, good thoughts, good wishes to the others.   I hope tomorrow finds your confidence higher, your determination strong and that along with that,  your day better than yesterday.   You ARE a warrior in this battle.   I wish there was more we could do for you, and I know you know that feeling.   We stand behind you in prayer and in spirit.

CarolA

CarolA
                                                                            Participant

Dear Linda,   Adding my prayers, good thoughts, good wishes to the others.   I hope tomorrow finds your confidence higher, your determination strong and that along with that,  your day better than yesterday.   You ARE a warrior in this battle.   I wish there was more we could do for you, and I know you know that feeling.   We stand behind you in prayer and in spirit.

CarolA

CarolA
                                                                              Participant

CarolA

Lori C
                                                                                Participant

I am sorry that you have new challenges to face with this but am certainly glad there are options and will be thinking of you when I light my healing candles daily.  Every day is a victory and you have a lot of battle experience; keep up the good fight.

Lori cargiver to Will

Lori C
                                                                                  Participant

I am sorry that you have new challenges to face with this but am certainly glad there are options and will be thinking of you when I light my healing candles daily.  Every day is a victory and you have a lot of battle experience; keep up the good fight.

Lori cargiver to Will

Lori C
                                                                                    Participant

Lori cargiver to Will

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                      Participant

Linda,

Sorry to read this news. You have been such an inspiration to me and my husband. I will be praying the wbr blasts this stupid disease!

Thinking of you,

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                        Participant

Linda,

Sorry to read this news. You have been such an inspiration to me and my husband. I will be praying the wbr blasts this stupid disease!

Thinking of you,

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                          Participant

Linda,

Thinking of you,

Rebecca

Tina D
                                                                                            Participant

Linda,

I am SO very sorry you received this news. I will be praying that the WBR does a number on those mets! I am glad they are getting things moving so very quickly for you, though I am sure it leaves you feeling as if you are in a whirlwind. Sounds like you were able to catch your breath for the day.

Hoping for the very best response for you,

Tina

Tina D
                                                                                              Participant

Linda,

I am SO very sorry you received this news. I will be praying that the WBR does a number on those mets! I am glad they are getting things moving so very quickly for you, though I am sure it leaves you feeling as if you are in a whirlwind. Sounds like you were able to catch your breath for the day.

Tina

Tina D
                                                                                                Participant

Linda,

Tina

King
                                                                                                  Participant

Hi Linda,

I am so sorry to hear this news.  You've been in such a long, difficult battle.  Good thoughts to you and your family.  We never know what we will or will not do until we are really faced with it.  That's great that you continue to hang onto hope…you have so much to live for.

You know how to do it.  One day at a time…sometimes, one moment at a time.

Good luck to an awesome warrior!

Stay Strong

King

Stage IV  7/05 Liver mets

King
                                                                                                    Participant

Hi Linda,

I am so sorry to hear this news.  You've been in such a long, difficult battle.  Good thoughts to you and your family.  We never know what we will or will not do until we are really faced with it.  That's great that you continue to hang onto hope…you have so much to live for.

Stay Strong

King

King
                                                                                                      Participant

Hi Linda,

Stay Strong

King

triciad
                                                                                                        Participant

Linda,

I am so sorry to hear this new; however, if anyone can do this…you can!  You are such an inspiration to so many here and know that we all will be there with you in your heart.  You've made your decision, now go forward and conquer.  You CAN do this!

Love ya.

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                                          Participant

Linda,

I am so sorry to hear this new; however, if anyone can do this…you can!  You are such an inspiration to so many here and know that we all will be there with you in your heart.  You've made your decision, now go forward and conquer.  You CAN do this!

Love ya.

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                                            Participant

Linda,

Love ya.

Tricia

gabsound
                                                                                                              Participant
                                                                                                                Linda,

Like everyone else, I’m so sorry to hear about your new brain mets.

I’m rooting for you! I personally think the combination of IPI and radiation has helped me in the past.

Best of luck to you. I admire your courage and strength.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                                Participant
                                                                                                                  Linda,

I’m rooting for you! I personally think the combination of IPI and radiation has helped me in the past.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                                                                                                  Participant
                                                                                                                    Linda,

Julie in Las Vegas

DeniseK
                                                                                                                    Participant

Dear Linda,

I am sorry to hear this.  This damn disease is so frustrating with highs and lows.  I've said before that the emotional part of this journey has to be the hardest.  You've been through so much and I know you will get through the WBR.  Like others have said, I too have read that the Ipi seems to work better after radiation so who knows this could be your cure!!  Hang in there!!  (((BIG HUGS))))

Denise

DeniseK
                                                                                                                      Participant

Dear Linda,

I am sorry to hear this.  This damn disease is so frustrating with highs and lows.  I've said before that the emotional part of this journey has to be the hardest.  You've been through so much and I know you will get through the WBR.  Like others have said, I too have read that the Ipi seems to work better after radiation so who knows this could be your cure!!  Hang in there!!  (((BIG HUGS))))

Denise

DeniseK
                                                                                                                        Participant

Dear Linda,

Denise

Richard_K
                                                                                                                          Participant

Linda

Sorry to hear your news but glad you have a strong plan going forward.

Dick

Richard_K
                                                                                                                            Participant

Linda

Dick

Richard_K
                                                                                                                              Participant

Linda

Dick

meeshka6059
                                                                                                                                Participant

Linda, My New Friend,

So sorry to read this post and wishing you only the best of everything coming your way.

Peace and Love, Michelle

meeshka6059
                                                                                                                                  Participant

Linda, My New Friend,

So sorry to read this post and wishing you only the best of everything coming your way.

Peace and Love, Michelle

meeshka6059
                                                                                                                                    Participant

Linda, My New Friend,

Peace and Love, Michelle

SidneyGracie
                                                                                                                                      Participant

You should be part way through the Whole Brain Radiation by now.  Praying that this is going well for you.  My husband had WBR in September.  He is very claustrophobic so that was his biggest challenge.  He made it through.  Praise the Lord!  He did not have many side effects after they put him on steroids.  Before that he was having vomiting.  He has had no long term problems.  His memory is fine.  Good luck to you.

SidneyGracie
                                                                                                                                        Participant

You should be part way through the Whole Brain Radiation by now.  Praying that this is going well for you.  My husband had WBR in September.  He is very claustrophobic so that was his biggest challenge.  He made it through.  Praise the Lord!  He did not have many side effects after they put him on steroids.  Before that he was having vomiting.  He has had no long term problems.  His memory is fine.  Good luck to you.

SidneyGracie
                                                                                                                                          Participant

Viewing 50 reply threads
                                                                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics