The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yippee

Participant

I saw Dr. Pavlick yesterday after first having an MRI (brain), CT pelvis, chest & abdomen. All clear.   Brain is still a bit swollen but neurologist is very happy. I had just stopped Decadron, felt horrible. I'm back on 2 mg., going down to 1 and then 1 1/2 each week

dr. Pavlivk is starting me on Menkenist. It should arrive by Friday ( if the mail order gets it in–they-re experiencing shortages– what a surprise).   So I will be on combo w/Tafinlar. Interesting that when she subscribes 2 mg/2x day, many people experience liver toxicity. So she'll start me om 1.5 mg./2x day and have bloods drawn tues or wed, depending on when I start it. 

It is my great hope and prayer that this will hold me over until PD1 is approved. 

Let's pray that we can finally beat the black beast!

all the best,

karen

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Brendan
        Participant

Great news, Karen. Good luck with the Tafinlar (and the decadron taper).

Brendan

Brendan
          Participant

Brendan

Brendan
            Participant

Brendan

pd1gal
              Participant

Karen,

Very happy for you and hoping the best for you. Hope PD-1 becomes available sooner than later for you and many others……it will save many lives.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

pd1gal
                Participant

Karen,

Very happy for you and hoping the best for you. Hope PD-1 becomes available sooner than later for you and many others……it will save many lives.

pd1gal
                  Participant

Karen,

JoshF
                    Participant

AWESOME!

JoshF
                      Participant

AWESOME!

JoshF
                        Participant

AWESOME!

awillett1991
                          Participant

Yay! Well there's your Christmas gift! So happy for you! I'm definitely interested to see how the reduced dose of Mekinist works. I emailed my dr just the other day about it but haven't heard back yet.  Remind me how long you've been on the dab. 

congrats! 

Amy

awillett1991
                            Participant

Yay! Well there's your Christmas gift! So happy for you! I'm definitely interested to see how the reduced dose of Mekinist works. I emailed my dr just the other day about it but haven't heard back yet.  Remind me how long you've been on the dab. 

congrats! 

Amy

awillett1991
                              Participant

congrats! 

Amy

killmel
                                  Participant

How wonderful for you to get a xmas miracle to be NED

killmel
                                    Participant

killmel
                                      Participant

NYKaren
                                        Participant

Hi, Amy. dab about 3.5 months.

Annon:  Unfortunately, can't be considered NED because there's some small bit of mel in my ear, and on my face.  There is hope that the combo will take care of those.

Karensmiley

NYKaren
                                          Participant

Annon:  Unfortunately, can't be considered NED because there's some small bit of mel in my ear, and on my face.  There is hope that the combo will take care of those.

Karensmiley

NYKaren
                                            Participant

Karensmiley

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics