The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

yervoy

Participant

Hi, I am looking for anyone with ideas to help my dad with the itching from the yervoy treatments. He had his 2nd one on sept 6th and started with the ithching on the first treatment. There was a 6week gap between the two as dad is having bleeding in his small intestines, biopsy shows melanoma causing it… back and forth with blood transfusions. He is really feeling low and down and out. Goes from bed to chair and back to bed, breathing is getting difficult and back hurts to touch it. I can see more lessions popping out on his face as well. I hope and pray things start to turn around, he is getting so depressed also. All I want is to help him with anything possible… I know it sounds like the least of the problems with the itching but he told me he sat in the chair from 2am till 7am going insane with itching. We have sarna lotion, gold bond, benadryl spray and pills,… any other suggestions? Thats about all the Dr.s told us to try just thought maybe someone came up with a better idea.. Thanks so much , Lori 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tina D
        Participant

The itching I had with Yervoy was not very severe, but when I was on zelboraf, I had a tremendous amount of intense itching. I found one of the best relief measures was to take a tepid oatmeal bath. Not too warm, not too cold. It really brought some relief, and was about the only thing that did.

I hope he finds something that will work for him!

Tina

Lori Stoen
            Participant

Thanks Tina, That does sound a bit more soothing. I will keep that in mind and hope I can get him to give it a try  ๐Ÿ˜‰

NYKaren
              Participant
                Hi Lori,

Topical meds didn’t do much for me. I did use Atarax, 50 mg. I found it to be pretty sedating, but it did enable me to get some sleep.

Take care,
                Karen

Stef
                Participant

Hi, I experienced a lot of itching while undergoing Interleukin-2 and the Atarax did work!

Stef
                  Participant

Hi, I experienced a lot of itching while undergoing Interleukin-2 and the Atarax did work!

Stef
                    Participant

NYKaren
                      Participant
                        Hi Lori,

Topical meds didn’t do much for me. I did use Atarax, 50 mg. I found it to be pretty sedating, but it did enable me to get some sleep.

Take care,
                        Karen

NYKaren
                        Participant
                          Hi Lori,

Take care,
                          Karen

Lori Stoen
                          Participant

Thanks Tina, That does sound a bit more soothing. I will keep that in mind and hope I can get him to give it a try  ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lori Stoen
                            Participant

Tina D
                            Participant

The itching I had with Yervoy was not very severe, but when I was on zelboraf, I had a tremendous amount of intense itching. I found one of the best relief measures was to take a tepid oatmeal bath. Not too warm, not too cold. It really brought some relief, and was about the only thing that did.

Tina

Tina D
                              Participant

Tina

Viewing 2 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics