The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy 1st Dose Light Headedness

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy 1st Dose Light Headedness

Participant

I have Stage IV Melanoma that's not in any organs but is metastatic and has spread from the in transit path. It's mainly in the area between my right armpit and waistline.  

Because my Melanoma has moved, my two Doctors, the Surgical and Medical Oncologists, decided that the best treatment for me was four 200 mg doses of Yervoy.  I had my first dose yesterday.  

I have Stage IV Melanoma that's not in any organs but is metastatic and has spread from the in transit path. It's mainly in the area between my right armpit and waistline.  

Because my Melanoma has moved, my two Doctors, the Surgical and Medical Oncologists, decided that the best treatment for me was four 200 mg doses of Yervoy.  I had my first dose yesterday.  

I haven't really had any symptoms yet.  I did feel a little tired but for whatever reason I couldn't actually fall asleep until about 3 a.m..  The only other thing I've noticed is that I feel a little light headed.  Not dizzy, just kind of spacey. In fact, when I went to go to work this morning I almost walked out the door without my shoes on!

So my question is whether or not any other 1st dosers had the light headed feeling?  I haven't seen anything stating that this is a normal after effect. 

Thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Gene_S
        Participant

I never heard of 200 mg doses of Yervoy.  Only 10 mg/kg or 3 mg/kg.  Is this infusion or what?

Gene_S
          Participant

I never heard of 200 mg doses of Yervoy.  Only 10 mg/kg or 3 mg/kg.  Is this infusion or what?

Gene_S
            Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics