The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yervoy 10 mg

Forums General Melanoma Community Yervoy 10 mg

Participant

I am a first time poster but have read a lot of experiences with people fighting melanoma. Here is a little information about my melanoma journey.

SEPT. 2015: Diagnosed after melanoma 2B was removed from my left hip.

FEBRUARY 2016: Pet scan showed melanoma in the left groin area. Near the tumor site.

March 2016: Lymph node removal in groin which showed melanoma in 5 of the 8 nodes removed. Stage 3b

May 2016: Began yervoy (10 mg) every 3 weeks. I have had minor side effects but mainly fatigue and a little nausea. 3RD dose is due tomorrow with a pet scan next week.

Question:

After the second dose of yervoy I had around 20 subcutaneous spots pop up on my trunk mainly. They have a bluish look and about the size of a pencil eraser.They all popped up within a 24 hour period after my second dose. I have had opinions mostly that this is ipi doing its thing. I have also heard that it could be in transit melanoma. I am waiting on a biopsy result but was wondering, has anyone experienced this and what are they?

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Linny
        Participant

I've read where you can see progression whilst on Yervoy. However, it may not be a bad thing.

"Patients may have a transient worsening of disease, manifested either by progression of known lesions or the appearance of new lesions, before disease stabilizes or tumor regresses. Therefore caution should be taken in abandoning therapy early. In general these delayed responses are not observed in patients with rapidly progressive, symptomatic disease."

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/immunotherapy-of-advanced-melanoma-with-immune-checkpoint-inhibition

I would give your doctor a call to let him/her know what's going on. 

Linny
          Participant

I've read where you can see progression whilst on Yervoy. However, it may not be a bad thing.

"Patients may have a transient worsening of disease, manifested either by progression of known lesions or the appearance of new lesions, before disease stabilizes or tumor regresses. Therefore caution should be taken in abandoning therapy early. In general these delayed responses are not observed in patients with rapidly progressive, symptomatic disease."

http://www.uptodate.com/contents/immunotherapy-of-advanced-melanoma-with-immune-checkpoint-inhibition

Linny
            Participant

Linny
              Participant

YIKES! This is what I get when I try to post a note before having my coffee. I see you've already been in touch with your doctor and are awaiting for the biopsy results. Since the forum has no delete feature, just ignore my previous post. My apologies. ๐Ÿ™

Lee Parlier
                  Participant

I appreciate the reply.The biopsies did show melanoma in transit on a few of the spoke but most were not melanoma. I was told what the article you replied with word by word. It is disheartening to see new spots pop up after surgeries, radiation and immunotherapy but as I am learning it is part of the battle. If there is any consolation it is a sign that the cancer is reacting. I just finished my 3rd treatment yesterday of yervoy 10 mg.

I was told I could go to a bigger oncology unit and get injections of a chemo in each new subcutaneous tumor while I am waiting for the yervoy to kick in. I will be headed to Duke in a few weeks. We do what we have to and hope it is enough. 

Lee Parlier
                    Participant

I appreciate the reply.The biopsies did show melanoma in transit on a few of the spoke but most were not melanoma. I was told what the article you replied with word by word. It is disheartening to see new spots pop up after surgeries, radiation and immunotherapy but as I am learning it is part of the battle. If there is any consolation it is a sign that the cancer is reacting. I just finished my 3rd treatment yesterday of yervoy 10 mg.

I was told I could go to a bigger oncology unit and get injections of a chemo in each new subcutaneous tumor while I am waiting for the yervoy to kick in. I will be headed to Duke in a few weeks. We do what we have to and hope it is enough. 

Lee Parlier
                      Participant

Linny
                      Participant

YIKES! This is what I get when I try to post a note before having my coffee. I see you've already been in touch with your doctor and are awaiting for the biopsy results. Since the forum has no delete feature, just ignore my previous post. My apologies. ๐Ÿ™

Linny
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics