The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Yay its mono!

Forums General Melanoma Community Yay its mono!

Participant

My son Ben was feeling realy sick recently…really swollen lymph nodes on his neck. He was just about to travel to Baltimore to visit friends and then to Finland for 6 weeks (he met a girl…). His doctor did a needle biopsy on his neck becuase he was not sure what was gong on. He ended up in the ER in Baltimore where they did a test for Mono.

Ends up he has Mono…goes to Finland anyway (new love) and is starting to feel better. I was so happy to hear thats what it was, as opposed to the cancer rearing its ugly head. It is weird how our perspective changes.I hate melanoma.

My son Ben was feeling realy sick recently…really swollen lymph nodes on his neck. He was just about to travel to Baltimore to visit friends and then to Finland for 6 weeks (he met a girl…). His doctor did a needle biopsy on his neck becuase he was not sure what was gong on. He ended up in the ER in Baltimore where they did a test for Mono.

Ends up he has Mono…goes to Finland anyway (new love) and is starting to feel better. I was so happy to hear thats what it was, as opposed to the cancer rearing its ugly head. It is weird how our perspective changes.I hate melanoma.

I read the posts daily and keep everyone in my thoughts. I am still heart broken about Kevin. Keep fighting the fight!!

Becky

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Phil S
        Participant
          Becky, So glad to see your post, I have wondered how Ben was doing. Glad he is feeling better, and taking his trip. I know how relieved you must be that’s it was just mono, hope he rests up! Take care! Valerie (Phil’s wife).
            NYKaren
            Participant

So interesting how our perspective changes!  

glad it's "only" mono.

take care,

karen

NYKaren
              Participant

glad it's "only" mono.

take care,

karen

NYKaren
                Participant

glad it's "only" mono.

take care,

karen

Phil S
                Participant
                  Becky, So glad to see your post, I have wondered how Ben was doing. Glad he is feeling better, and taking his trip. I know how relieved you must be that’s it was just mono, hope he rests up! Take care! Valerie (Phil’s wife).
                  Phil S
                  Participant
                    DonW
                    Participant

Hi, Becky! I miss the old chat room gang. Good news on Ben and I'm jealous that he gets to go to Finland!

DonW
                      Participant

Hi, Becky! I miss the old chat room gang. Good news on Ben and I'm jealous that he gets to go to Finland!

DonW
                        Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics