The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

XL 184 clinical trial

Forums General Melanoma Community XL 184 clinical trial

• Replies
      jim Breitfeller
      Participant

Julie,

XL184, is a potent dual inhibitor of the MET and VEGF pathways designed to block MET driven tumor escape. 

Are you Braf or Nras Positive?

Jimmy B

gabsound
          Participant
            Hi Jimmy,

NRAS positive

jim Breitfeller
            Participant

You may want look into a clinical trials with a PI3K/Akt/mTOR Inhibitors. You want to stop and kill the tumor cell growth.

kylez
              Participant

At the clinic I go to they're also very interested in Pi3K for NRAS patients, but particularly in combo Pi3K/MEK trials is what my doctor told me, for their NRAS positive patients. Of which I'm also one (G12A mutation).

kylez
                Participant

At the clinic I go to they're also very interested in Pi3K for NRAS patients, but particularly in combo Pi3K/MEK trials is what my doctor told me, for their NRAS positive patients. Of which I'm also one (G12A mutation).

kylez
                  Participant

jim Breitfeller
                    Participant

You may want look into a clinical trials with a PI3K/Akt/mTOR Inhibitors. You want to stop and kill the tumor cell growth.

jim Breitfeller
                      Participant

gabsound
                        Participant
                          Hi Jimmy,

NRAS positive

gabsound
                          Participant
                            Hi Jimmy,

NRAS positive

jim Breitfeller
                          Participant

Julie,

XL184, is a potent dual inhibitor of the MET and VEGF pathways designed to block MET driven tumor escape. 

Jimmy B

jim Breitfeller
                            Participant

Julie,

Jimmy B

Viewing 2 reply threads
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics