The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Would you attend a melanoma symposium, given the opportunity?

Forums General Melanoma Community Would you attend a melanoma symposium, given the opportunity?

Participant

Next month the Melanoma Research Foundation and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance are presenting a melanoma symposium.  It's a free educational event.  Have you ever attended something like this?  Would you, if given the opportunity?  More to the point, what does it say about my "new" life that the thought of going to a melanoma seminar lights my fire? ;-D

Cheers,

Colleen

Next month the Melanoma Research Foundation and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance are presenting a melanoma symposium.  It's a free educational event.  Have you ever attended something like this?  Would you, if given the opportunity?  More to the point, what does it say about my "new" life that the thought of going to a melanoma seminar lights my fire? ;-D

Cheers,

Colleen

Viewing 26 reply threads
    • Replies
        Theresa123
        Participant

go!!!  I did, and learned a lot!!!

Theresa123
          Participant

Theresa123
            Participant

washoegal
              Participant

Colleen,

laugh  Thanks for Giggle!  Don't get enough of those these days…..yea, the "new normal" does change your way of thinking doesn't it?  Most definately go and enjoy.  Any chance you get to learn anything is a good opportunity and FREE is even better.  Now if we could just get the general populace turned on to the seminars!

Take care.

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
                Participant

Colleen,

laugh  Thanks for Giggle!  Don't get enough of those these days…..yea, the "new normal" does change your way of thinking doesn't it?  Most definately go and enjoy.  Any chance you get to learn anything is a good opportunity and FREE is even better.  Now if we could just get the general populace turned on to the seminars!

Take care.

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
                  Participant

Colleen,

Take care.

Mary

Stage 3

rosa1
                    Participant
                      I am going to the symposium in Tampa, Florida this Saturday 6 April. I have nothing to lose but just learn more about this damn disease.

Rosa

rosa1
                      Participant
                        I am going to the symposium in Tampa, Florida this Saturday 6 April. I have nothing to lose but just learn more about this damn disease.

Rosa

rosa1
                        Participant

Rosa

rosa1
                          Participant

Rosa

rosa1
                            Participant

Rosa

rosa1
                              Participant

Rosa

Charlie S
                                Participant

Having attended symposiums before, it is time well spent..  The biggest bonus is getting to actually meet, face to face others affected by melanoma.

Definitely worth the squeeze.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                  Participant

Having attended symposiums before, it is time well spent..  The biggest bonus is getting to actually meet, face to face others affected by melanoma.

Cheers,

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                    Participant

Cheers,

Charlie S

JoshF
                                      Participant
                                        Definitely do it! I went to Chicago symposium in 2011. It was very educational and somewhat hopeful with new treatments and learning about pipeline of potential treatments/trials. Was interesting, educational and well worth it!

Josh

JoshF
                                        Participant
                                          Definitely do it! I went to Chicago symposium in 2011. It was very educational and somewhat hopeful with new treatments and learning about pipeline of potential treatments/trials. Was interesting, educational and well worth it!

Josh

JoshF
                                          Participant

Josh

Hstevens0072
                                            Participant
                                              I’m going to one at Dana Farber in May. I’ve never been to one -and certainly never thought about attending one – but I guess it is the new normal for many of us.
                                              Holly
                                              Hstevens0072
                                              Participant
                                                I’m going to one at Dana Farber in May. I’ve never been to one -and certainly never thought about attending one – but I guess it is the new normal for many of us.
                                                Holly
                                                Hstevens0072
                                                Participant
                                                  Holly
                                                  Colleen66
                                                  Participant

What are the hotel fees and do you buy your own plane tickets.  Is it just one day or more.

Colleen 

Colleen66
                                                    Participant

What are the hotel fees and do you buy your own plane tickets.  Is it just one day or more.

Colleen 

Colleen66
                                                      Participant

Colleen 

kylez
                                                        Participant

MRF is putting on 5 general symposiums it looks like: Columbus OH, Seattle, Philadelphia, Mayo Clinic, Washington D.C.  

Colleen, maybe the Columbus one on May 4th would work well for you?

A few years ago I went to a symposium put on by AIM (not MRF) in San Francisco, where I live.  They say they're having 6 this year: Tampa, Santa Monica, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, Detroit.

I would love to go to any of these but they're all a little far for me.
                                                          kylez
                                                          Participant

MRF is putting on 5 general symposiums it looks like: Columbus OH, Seattle, Philadelphia, Mayo Clinic, Washington D.C.  

A few years ago I went to a symposium put on by AIM (not MRF) in San Francisco, where I live.  They say they're having 6 this year: Tampa, Santa Monica, Houston, Chicago, Atlanta, Detroit.

kylez
                                                            Participant

Viewing 26 reply threads
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics