The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

words of encouragement for stage III

Forums General Melanoma Community words of encouragement for stage III

Participant

I was diagnosed with stage III almost four years ago.  At the time I was 34 years old and had three young children and a loving husband.  And I was scared to death!  I found this site and fell in love with it:)  actually, I was quite obsessed reading it…there were always posts that encouraged me, but there were also ones that scared me.  As time went by I had "friends" that lost their battle to the beast.  All this to say, I hope I can encourage anyone that may be newly diagnosed.  I have had four wonderful years of being NED.

I was diagnosed with stage III almost four years ago.  At the time I was 34 years old and had three young children and a loving husband.  And I was scared to death!  I found this site and fell in love with it:)  actually, I was quite obsessed reading it…there were always posts that encouraged me, but there were also ones that scared me.  As time went by I had "friends" that lost their battle to the beast.  All this to say, I hope I can encourage anyone that may be newly diagnosed.  I have had four wonderful years of being NED.  My lymphedema in my leg is there but never too bad and doesn't hinder me.  I am able to worry a little less about the beast returning.  I have run a marathon (my first and probably last), homeschooled my kids, moved to a ranch and built a house:)  Life is good for today… And God is great:)  no matter what tomorrow brings.  Enjoy the moment…it's really all we have guaranteed and don't worry about tomorrow…I feel like when I worry and fret I am letting melanoma win.  

Hope this helps someone:)

Courtney Stage III and still NED

Viewing 7 reply threads
    • Replies
        Carol Taylor
        Participant

Amen and beautiful, Courtney! I've been stage 3b and ned for 3 years now. Arm lymphedema under control thanks to compression.

I appreciate your words.

Lord, thank You for all the grace and mercy You've shown Courtney and thank You for her encouragement. Thank You for all on here who are so generous with their lives. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
          Participant

Amen and beautiful, Courtney! I've been stage 3b and ned for 3 years now. Arm lymphedema under control thanks to compression.

I appreciate your words.

Lord, thank You for all the grace and mercy You've shown Courtney and thank You for her encouragement. Thank You for all on here who are so generous with their lives. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

jimjoeb
            Participant

Thank you for your words of encouragement!!

I was offically diagnosed IIIa on June 10 of this year. I've declined the interferon treatment and intend to move forward with my life. A friend in my church choir who is NED from breast cancer shared this with me:

The past is history.

The future: a mystery.

Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present!

jimjoeb
              Participant

Thank you for your words of encouragement!!

I was offically diagnosed IIIa on June 10 of this year. I've declined the interferon treatment and intend to move forward with my life. A friend in my church choir who is NED from breast cancer shared this with me:

The past is history.

The future: a mystery.

Today is a gift; that's why it's called the present!

Linny
                Participant

Very well put, Courtney! Thank you for this.

Linny
                  Participant

Very well put, Courtney! Thank you for this.

JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Your words are a joy for many on the BB.  Thanks for coming back to help others.

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

Your words are a joy for many on the BB.  Thanks for coming back to help others.

Viewing 7 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics