The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Will’s situation

Forums General Melanoma Community Will’s situation

Participant

Will is still vomiting despite doing alternate Compazine & Zofran.  I am forcing fluids into him as much as I can .  He is not urinating much, which worries me, because he's drinking a fair bit.  The hospital said to bring him to the nearest ER if I thought he was getting dehydrated.  I will give the meds one more day to work but I'm getting frantic.  He's so tired.

Will is still vomiting despite doing alternate Compazine & Zofran.  I am forcing fluids into him as much as I can .  He is not urinating much, which worries me, because he's drinking a fair bit.  The hospital said to bring him to the nearest ER if I thought he was getting dehydrated.  I will give the meds one more day to work but I'm getting frantic.  He's so tired.

This is the sickest he's been so far and it's pretty discouraging.  The chemo nurse said that given the clean brain scan she was quite sure this was chemo related, but of course, I'm worrying it's the cancer spreading.

Just a very discouraging day.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        bestday
        Participant

From time to time I've logged on and read your posts … I just wanted to send some love and support your way. I hope that Will starts feeling better soon — this must be incredibly tough on you. I have so much respect for you and have to believe that brighter days are ahead for you and for Will. I wish I had some wonderful, insightful advice, but I can only say … from a melanoma survivor in Idaho — hang in there and know that you're not alone!

bestday
          Participant

From time to time I've logged on and read your posts … I just wanted to send some love and support your way. I hope that Will starts feeling better soon — this must be incredibly tough on you. I have so much respect for you and have to believe that brighter days are ahead for you and for Will. I wish I had some wonderful, insightful advice, but I can only say … from a melanoma survivor in Idaho — hang in there and know that you're not alone!

makedoandmend
            Participant

clean brain scans are always good.  Having someone like you in his corner definitley gives Will a great chance to beat this.  Praying for you guys.

-pat on li

makedoandmend
              Participant

clean brain scans are always good.  Having someone like you in his corner definitley gives Will a great chance to beat this.  Praying for you guys.

-pat on li

jag
                Participant

Lori, when I went through chemotherapy, I had all sorts of ups and downs.  Sometimes the best thing to do is to rest, and keep somebody comfortable.  Icy cold things were also helpful.

I wish you and Will the best.

John

jag
                  Participant

Lori, when I went through chemotherapy, I had all sorts of ups and downs.  Sometimes the best thing to do is to rest, and keep somebody comfortable.  Icy cold things were also helpful.

I wish you and Will the best.

John

Janet2
                    Participant

I am sorry to hear that Will is still vomiting despite medication. I hope he soon improves. From personal experience I know chemo can have bad side-effects despite taking anti-sickness drugs. I agree with what others have said and hopefully with the rest etc things will get better.

Janet 

Janet2
                      Participant

I am sorry to hear that Will is still vomiting despite medication. I hope he soon improves. From personal experience I know chemo can have bad side-effects despite taking anti-sickness drugs. I agree with what others have said and hopefully with the rest etc things will get better.

Janet 

ValinMtl
                        Participant

The clean brain scan should give you some hope Lori.  Hang on to that and keep doing what you are doing, hopefully each day henceforth will show an improvement. I pray Will's situation gets better.  Val xx

ValinMtl
                          Participant

The clean brain scan should give you some hope Lori.  Hang on to that and keep doing what you are doing, hopefully each day henceforth will show an improvement. I pray Will's situation gets better.  Val xx

molly
                            Participant

Lori,

I am so sorry to hear that Will is so miserable. What about the Emend that several mentioned? Maybe it's worth a try…everything just doesn't work for everyone. Best of luck.

molly
                              Participant

Lori,

I am so sorry to hear that Will is so miserable. What about the Emend that several mentioned? Maybe it's worth a try…everything just doesn't work for everyone. Best of luck.

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics