The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Wild type melanoma knife fights

Forums General Melanoma Community Wild type melanoma knife fights

I am coming up on three years on the BRAF/MEK combo of GSKs remarkable combo and my Stage IV melanoma remains dormant. However, I have had three knife fights with wild type melanoma sprouting on my face and chest. Had they been the BRAF positive type I think it would have washed me out of this trial I have come to love. Now I insist on “when in doubt, cut it out.” One spot only had two of the five indicators, and I insisted it come out. She gave in, and it was already stage II, but they got it out with big margins. This bastard is relentless and we must remain vigilant as it seems to be always on the prowl.

This sucker doesn’t like scalpels and stitches but I do. I want every gram of it out of me, and I am still waiting for my first lab report of benign or whatever.it says when things look fine. There is a whole lot of me, and they only take bits and pieces so I figure this could go on for decades, and that would be just fine.

One cohort is turning albino! Our drugs are not just killing her melanoma, but stopping her whole melanin system. How can you have melanoma, if it has no melanin to mutate? She actually could be cured. We all love her. She has never had an adverse affect, complains about driving 20 miles, and parking at MGH to folks like me who come from Colorado each month. She now has three years I believe and she charms us with her unrealistic expectations and yet she gets the best results. Now she says she misses her liver marks as she looks younger and younger. I think I am also, as they had to use a carpet knee-kicker to stretch my forehead over the silver dollar sized hole they excised last week, and my wrinkles disappeared.
    The local dermatologist just removed the stitches, and I had him take out another small spot just for both of us to stay in practice.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Replies
      BrianP
      Participant

John,

Love the attitude.  Keep it up buddy!  Good news is I hear chicks dig scars! πŸ™‚

Brian

Momrn5
          Participant
            Thanks for the laugh! πŸ™‚ And on a subject that isn’t too funny. I needed that. So glad that things are holding steady for you. Great attitude.
            Momrn5
            Participant
              Thanks for the laugh! πŸ™‚ And on a subject that isn’t too funny. I needed that. So glad that things are holding steady for you. Great attitude.
              Momrn5
              Participant
                Momrn5
                Participant
                  Momrn5
                  Participant
                    Momrn5
                    Participant
                    BrianP
                    Participant

John,

Love the attitude.  Keep it up buddy!  Good news is I hear chicks dig scars! πŸ™‚

Brian

BrianP
                      Participant

John,

Brian

GAngel
                        Participant

Dear John,

Looking younger is the first positive side effect in melanoma treatments that I have heard of to date! I love that you are able to see the humor in all this! You certainly made me laugh! Keep your positive attitude as you continue to fight this disease. Praying for you and all the others on here.

God Bless you!

Gina 

GAngel
                          Participant

Dear John,

Looking younger is the first positive side effect in melanoma treatments that I have heard of to date! I love that you are able to see the humor in all this! You certainly made me laugh! Keep your positive attitude as you continue to fight this disease. Praying for you and all the others on here.

God Bless you!

Gina 

GAngel
                            Participant

Dear John,

God Bless you!

Gina 

Mat
                              Participant

John, thanks for posting.  3 years–awesome.  I'm 10 weeks in on the GSK combo.

Mat
                                Participant

Mat
                                  Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byΒ MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics