The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Why doesnt anybody reply to my posts on here :-(

Forums General Melanoma Community Why doesnt anybody reply to my posts on here :-(

I dont understand, and am quite saddened by this.

Perhaps its because Im from Australia or because a lot of you know each other and have your little friendship groups formed already.

I dont understand, and am quite saddened by this.

Perhaps its because Im from Australia or because a lot of you know each other and have your little friendship groups formed already.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Replies
      Fen
      Participant

Simmy – I think it is the fact that posts come to the top when someone responds rather than staying in a fixed order.  I hate this aspect of the board – some really important posts get lost.   If you post during your day and then four people in the US get up and post their questions and another 4 respond to other posts yours is off the charts.  The only reason I saw your post is because I can't sleep tonight so I found it at 3 AM.

Another reason could be the type of question you're asking.  If you ask something very specific and no one who knows anything about it sees it fast- then it falls of the face of the earth (front page of board).

One thing it isn't is personal.  This group is remarkably free of jerks, petty people, or …well, you fill in the blank. Some people who live near each other or are being treated at the same facility may become closer, but most people here  probably come for information and respond when they can.

Sending you huge trans-atlantic hugs

Fen

Fen
        Participant

Simmy – I think it is the fact that posts come to the top when someone responds rather than staying in a fixed order.  I hate this aspect of the board – some really important posts get lost.   If you post during your day and then four people in the US get up and post their questions and another 4 respond to other posts yours is off the charts.  The only reason I saw your post is because I can't sleep tonight so I found it at 3 AM.

Another reason could be the type of question you're asking.  If you ask something very specific and no one who knows anything about it sees it fast- then it falls of the face of the earth (front page of board).

One thing it isn't is personal.  This group is remarkably free of jerks, petty people, or …well, you fill in the blank. Some people who live near each other or are being treated at the same facility may become closer, but most people here  probably come for information and respond when they can.

Sending you huge trans-atlantic hugs

Fen

James from Sydney
          Participant

Hi Simmy

i think Fen is spot on our time difference does not help and you can get pushed down the list pretty quickly. I had a look at your last topic i think rather than just state BRAF and the number of the Trial ask a question in the title so as to seek a response. This is a great bunch of people and i can assure you they do care about you.

best wishes

James

James from Sydney
            Participant

Hi Simmy

i think Fen is spot on our time difference does not help and you can get pushed down the list pretty quickly. I had a look at your last topic i think rather than just state BRAF and the number of the Trial ask a question in the title so as to seek a response. This is a great bunch of people and i can assure you they do care about you.

best wishes

James

FormerCaregiver
              Participant

I am from Melbourne as well, and it appears that most people here are from
                the US. Therefore, there is often a time difference of 14 – 17 hours. Of
                course, that will change a bit when daylight savings finishes tomorrow.

I agree that there is a problem with the way that the latest response will
                always be at the top. One way to keep your topic on the front page is to
                reply to (or add something to) your own topic once it has been posted. This
                will get any important posts noticed.

Although I haven't been on this forum for very long, I feel that the people
                here really do care about each other. So, please don't be discouraged.

Frank

Thanks guys,

You've made me feel much better, and given me bit more of an understanding of how this new board works.  I will try and put your little tips into action with my next posts!  

And yes I know the people on here are sooo friendly, helpful, courageous and giving of their time, personal stories, and souls.  I feel like its a big family on here, we are all going thru similar terrible experiences at the same time on this site and we all understand each other in a way that most others in our lives cant possibly understand.   Lots of the members on here will also help you with questions about treatments, the disease itself, etc.

Sorry if I sounded like I was whinging or being ungrateful… I wasnt, promise.   I just didnt understand what I was doing wrong!! when I saw some posts get heaps and heaps of replies and I sometimes struggle to get one!!

Anyway, its my bedtime now, gotta get some beauty sleep!!   hmmmm   HARDLY!!  At the moment Im covered in this horrible itchy rash!!  lol

Cheers,

Simmy xo

Carmon in NM
                  Participant

Hi Simmy – I was really surprised to see your post this morning because I don't remember seeing your name before and I would be very surprised at anyone not being answered here! I am in the US, Mountain Time Zone, and I usually check the board when I'm up in the morning and drinking my coffee so I think everyone is right about it being the huge time difference.

Would you mind putting up a post telling us a bit about yourself and where you are with diagnosis and treatment? For me that always helps me to understand where someone is in this journey we all share. I hope your beauty sleep was good and peaceful!

Carmon in NM – Stage 3b 9/2008, Stage 4 6/2010 with brain an

Carmon in NM
                    Participant

Hi Simmy – I was really surprised to see your post this morning because I don't remember seeing your name before and I would be very surprised at anyone not being answered here! I am in the US, Mountain Time Zone, and I usually check the board when I'm up in the morning and drinking my coffee so I think everyone is right about it being the huge time difference.

Would you mind putting up a post telling us a bit about yourself and where you are with diagnosis and treatment? For me that always helps me to understand where someone is in this journey we all share. I hope your beauty sleep was good and peaceful!

Carmon in NM – Stage 3b 9/2008, Stage 4 6/2010 with brain an

Thanks guys,

You've made me feel much better, and given me bit more of an understanding of how this new board works.  I will try and put your little tips into action with my next posts!  

And yes I know the people on here are sooo friendly, helpful, courageous and giving of their time, personal stories, and souls.  I feel like its a big family on here, we are all going thru similar terrible experiences at the same time on this site and we all understand each other in a way that most others in our lives cant possibly understand.   Lots of the members on here will also help you with questions about treatments, the disease itself, etc.

Sorry if I sounded like I was whinging or being ungrateful… I wasnt, promise.   I just didnt understand what I was doing wrong!! when I saw some posts get heaps and heaps of replies and I sometimes struggle to get one!!

Anyway, its my bedtime now, gotta get some beauty sleep!!   hmmmm   HARDLY!!  At the moment Im covered in this horrible itchy rash!!  lol

Cheers,

Simmy xo

FormerCaregiver
                    Participant

I am from Melbourne as well, and it appears that most people here are from
                      the US. Therefore, there is often a time difference of 14 – 17 hours. Of
                      course, that will change a bit when daylight savings finishes tomorrow.

I agree that there is a problem with the way that the latest response will
                      always be at the top. One way to keep your topic on the front page is to
                      reply to (or add something to) your own topic once it has been posted. This
                      will get any important posts noticed.

Although I haven't been on this forum for very long, I feel that the people
                      here really do care about each other. So, please don't be discouraged.

Frank

Carol Taylor
                      Participant

Simmy, also keep in mind that this forum is always changing as new people decide to enter discussions and may have missed your previous posts.  Like me.  And also, like me, may be a tad lazy and not look beyond the first page of posts.  Maybe the folks who moderate this bulletin board might be able to show a longer list of topics.

I went back and looked at your previous posts and I also need to reiterate what another member said earlier, some of us may not be able to answer your very specific questions because we haven't been there.  I know nothing about braf.

On the other hand, people's experiences are always changing as well as the membership of this board.  If you repost your queries every so often, you might get answers.

Of course, there's nothing like calling a group on the carpet to get a reaction!  You got responses with this one! 

Grace and peace Aussie Friend,

Carol

Vermont_Donna
                          Participant

Simmy,

I am so sorry that you feel that we are ignoring you as I do feel that people here are caring and supportive and dont purposefully ignore other peoples posts. Even if we dont have advice or suggestions people will often post their support to you.

I do remember posting to you about the problems you were having with the wetting…then later I looked at that thread again and my post wasnt there, so I reposted my answer to you. I cant explain why my post was missing and no I diont think it was deleted because of any inappropriateness, heavens no, I would never post anything inappropriate!

I hope that you find some good resource info for that pesky uncomfortable rash of yours. Poor dear, you have been through alot!!!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                            Participant

Simmy,

I am so sorry that you feel that we are ignoring you as I do feel that people here are caring and supportive and dont purposefully ignore other peoples posts. Even if we dont have advice or suggestions people will often post their support to you.

I do remember posting to you about the problems you were having with the wetting…then later I looked at that thread again and my post wasnt there, so I reposted my answer to you. I cant explain why my post was missing and no I diont think it was deleted because of any inappropriateness, heavens no, I would never post anything inappropriate!

I hope that you find some good resource info for that pesky uncomfortable rash of yours. Poor dear, you have been through alot!!!

Hugs,

Vermont_Donna

stage 3a

Suzan AB
                              Participant

Hello Down-Under,

I am one of those posters who pop-in then I pop-out.  It is me and my personality…here today, gone tomorrow…it is my defense mech. Just that, when I get overwhelmed I tend to disappear…poof.  So if you need anyone to chat to about how this "Beast" is so "Beastly" please shoot me an email.  And my husband, who is my Lancelot of Kings Way, is really needy of my time…as I am of his time.  Human connection is the key I think…typed as I look into my Fantasta Man's eyes…gotta go too much time online and out of his loving arms…OH ONE REALLY GOOD THING…GET A MASSAGE ONCE A WEEK…we are one.

My best to you…Suzan AB a Cali girl

Suzan AB
                                Participant

Hello Down-Under,

I am one of those posters who pop-in then I pop-out.  It is me and my personality…here today, gone tomorrow…it is my defense mech. Just that, when I get overwhelmed I tend to disappear…poof.  So if you need anyone to chat to about how this "Beast" is so "Beastly" please shoot me an email.  And my husband, who is my Lancelot of Kings Way, is really needy of my time…as I am of his time.  Human connection is the key I think…typed as I look into my Fantasta Man's eyes…gotta go too much time online and out of his loving arms…OH ONE REALLY GOOD THING…GET A MASSAGE ONCE A WEEK…we are one.

My best to you…Suzan AB a Cali girl

Carol Taylor
                                Participant

Simmy, also keep in mind that this forum is always changing as new people decide to enter discussions and may have missed your previous posts.  Like me.  And also, like me, may be a tad lazy and not look beyond the first page of posts.  Maybe the folks who moderate this bulletin board might be able to show a longer list of topics.

I went back and looked at your previous posts and I also need to reiterate what another member said earlier, some of us may not be able to answer your very specific questions because we haven't been there.  I know nothing about braf.

On the other hand, people's experiences are always changing as well as the membership of this board.  If you repost your queries every so often, you might get answers.

Of course, there's nothing like calling a group on the carpet to get a reaction!  You got responses with this one! 

Grace and peace Aussie Friend,

Carol

CKasper
                                  Participant

I haven't been on this post since 2008, and I just returned and have found a much different group of people.  I guess all the people I knew have either stoped posting or have died but they seemed much more involved.  Sorry for your experience, but I have noticed it also.

We also had a site that was off topic but anything went language, sexual topics, politics, etc, it was called "The Darkside" and that's also gone.  Everything is more sterilized.  I guess its a sign of the times.

CCCC

Laurie from maine
                                      Participant

Hi,

I am so sorry you felt that noone was writing or caring.  I agree this new format is awful that the posts move around like they do.  I liked the old way soo much better, I have a hard time finding the posts I want to follow because they slip down so quickly.  I also agree that I dont respond if someone posts a specific trial etc that I know nothing about.  I know there are very informed people on this board and I am sad to say there were some really great informed people that we have lost.  I will usually only post when it is something I have gone thru or can offer my support for.  But as to specifics I stay out of it I have not been thru 1/3 of what most people on this board have and dont want to speak of things I dont know about.   I am sorry if you interpreted it as not caring, I will try to be aware in future that just offering support is enough so people dont feel left out. 🙂

take care

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                        Participant

Hi,

I am so sorry you felt that noone was writing or caring.  I agree this new format is awful that the posts move around like they do.  I liked the old way soo much better, I have a hard time finding the posts I want to follow because they slip down so quickly.  I also agree that I dont respond if someone posts a specific trial etc that I know nothing about.  I know there are very informed people on this board and I am sad to say there were some really great informed people that we have lost.  I will usually only post when it is something I have gone thru or can offer my support for.  But as to specifics I stay out of it I have not been thru 1/3 of what most people on this board have and dont want to speak of things I dont know about.   I am sorry if you interpreted it as not caring, I will try to be aware in future that just offering support is enough so people dont feel left out. 🙂

take care

laurie from maine

CKasper
                                        Participant

I haven't been on this post since 2008, and I just returned and have found a much different group of people.  I guess all the people I knew have either stoped posting or have died but they seemed much more involved.  Sorry for your experience, but I have noticed it also.

We also had a site that was off topic but anything went language, sexual topics, politics, etc, it was called "The Darkside" and that's also gone.  Everything is more sterilized.  I guess its a sign of the times.

CCCC

boot2aboot
                                          Participant

you can talk to me simmy…i like all you kiwis…in fact, was planning on moving there until i got…delayed

boots

still getting path report, but looks like stage 3b for now…

happy easter

boot2aboot
                                            Participant

you can talk to me simmy…i like all you kiwis…in fact, was planning on moving there until i got…delayed

boots

still getting path report, but looks like stage 3b for now…

happy easter

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics