The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Where is Dr. Steven J. O’Day?

Forums General Melanoma Community Where is Dr. Steven J. O’Day?

Participant

For months people have been asking this question.   His office does not tell you that he's been gone since the end of May until you actually arrive there for your appointment.  In the beginning patients were told that he was "taking a little time off and letting another doctor see patients."  But it has been five months now since he has been at the Angeles clinic and there is no forwarding address.  Where is he?  His medical liscence has not been revoked.  No hint of scandal has made it to the newspapers or the MRF and its associates.  W

For months people have been asking this question.   His office does not tell you that he's been gone since the end of May until you actually arrive there for your appointment.  In the beginning patients were told that he was "taking a little time off and letting another doctor see patients."  But it has been five months now since he has been at the Angeles clinic and there is no forwarding address.  Where is he?  His medical liscence has not been revoked.  No hint of scandal has made it to the newspapers or the MRF and its associates.  Where has he gone?  People in the middle of treatment need him!

Any info would be appreciated.

Drujienna

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        Charlie S
        Participant

2001 Santa Monica Boulevard # 560

Santa MonicaCA 90404-2102

Charlie S
          Participant

2001 Santa Monica Boulevard # 560

Santa MonicaCA 90404-2102

killmel
              Participant

I am confused. That is the same address & suite number as Angeles clinic. Please explain.

Thanks

A.

killmel
                Participant

I just called the telephone number listed for Cancer Institute Medical Group, Inc and the answering service said it was "ANGELES CLINIC".

Looks like Dr. O'day is still missing. Please post if anyone know where is is practicing.

Thanks,

A

MichaelFL
                  Participant

As far as I am aware, and for reasons I can't verify, he is on extended leave.

Even though his bedside manner is not as pleasant, you can still see Dr. Hamid.

killmel
                    Participant

When I called to make an appointment, the office did confirm that Dr. O'day has LEFT Angeles clinic & will not be returning.

Please post if anyone know where Dr. Oday is now practicing.

Thanks

killmel
                      Participant

When I called to make an appointment, the office did confirm that Dr. O'day has LEFT Angeles clinic & will not be returning.

Please post if anyone know where Dr. Oday is now practicing.

Thanks

MichaelFL
                        Participant

As far as I am aware, and for reasons I can't verify, he is on extended leave.

Even though his bedside manner is not as pleasant, you can still see Dr. Hamid.

killmel
                          Participant

I just called the telephone number listed for Cancer Institute Medical Group, Inc and the answering service said it was "ANGELES CLINIC".

Looks like Dr. O'day is still missing. Please post if anyone know where is is practicing.

Thanks,

A

killmel
                            Participant

I am confused. That is the same address & suite number as Angeles clinic. Please explain.

Thanks

A.

davet
                            Participant

I have been in contact with Dr. O'Day.  He can be reached via e-mail at [email protected]

killmel
                                Participant

Hi,

Thank you for posting. Can you elaborate on where he is practicing or when ? Will he be involved with clinical trial for melanoma?  Any more info you might have would be greatly appreciated?

Carol

killmel
                                  Participant

Hi,

Thank you for posting. Can you elaborate on where he is practicing or when ? Will he be involved with clinical trial for melanoma?  Any more info you might have would be greatly appreciated?

Carol

killmel
                                    Participant

Hi,

Carol

Lauren S. Sutton
                                      Participant

I am curious too where he is at. Must be something serious. For a doctor to not be in touch with his patients and with this much silence maybe its political or a dispute. I know big corporate companies when a person leaves you can not be in touch with clients for a certain amount of time. Another example Conan O'Brien with NBC suit could not do anything for 6 months.Anyone that is upset, do not take it personal like he did not care. Keep positive with your inner energy.

Lauren S. Sutton
                                        Participant

I am curious too where he is at. Must be something serious. For a doctor to not be in touch with his patients and with this much silence maybe its political or a dispute. I know big corporate companies when a person leaves you can not be in touch with clients for a certain amount of time. Another example Conan O'Brien with NBC suit could not do anything for 6 months.Anyone that is upset, do not take it personal like he did not care. Keep positive with your inner energy.

Lauren S. Sutton
                                          Participant

Lauren S. Sutton
                                            Participant

I am curious too where he is at. Must be something serious. For a doctor to not be in touch with his patients and with this much silence maybe its political or a dispute. I know big corporate companies when a person leaves you can not be in touch with clients for a certain amount of time. Another example Conan OBrien with NBC suit could not do anything for 6 months.Anyone that is upset, do not take it personal like he did not care. Keep positive with your inner energy.

killmel
                                              Participant

Email from Dr. O'day!

Hi,

I am pleased to announce my new practice location. I will officially be seeing patients beginning May 1 but will see patients on a case by case basis if it is medically important to be seen before then. Please feel free to forward my contact information to anyone who needs to reach me. Please request a copy of your medical records from The Angeles Clinic and they can then be transfered to The Beverly Hills Cancer Center's state of the art electronic medical record. The Beverly Hills Cancer Center(BHCC) can help facilitate this for you.

The BHCC is 1 stop shopping with patient care, imaging including MRI, PETCT, Breast MRI, bone scans etc., a beautiful infusion center for chemotherapy, radiation oncology, surgical oncology, full lab, research clnical trials, psychosocial support and nutrition. A more formal letter will come soon but I know many of you have been waiting to see me for some time. I would be honored to resume your care. I look forward to reconnecting with you soon.

Warmest regards,

Steven Steven J. O'Day MD Director, The Los Angeles Skin Cancer Institute Director, Clinical Research The Beverly Hills Cancer Center 8900 Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills CA 90211 310-432-8900 [email protected] Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine USC Adjunct Professor, John Wayne Cancer Institute

Lauren S. Sutton
                                                Participant

So glad to here that you are back! I wrote the e-mail before your response.

Lauren S. Sutton
                                                  Participant

Lauren S. Sutton
                                                    Participant

killmel
                                                      Participant

Email from Dr. O'day!

Hi,

I am pleased to announce my new practice location. I will officially be seeing patients beginning May 1 but will see patients on a case by case basis if it is medically important to be seen before then. Please feel free to forward my contact information to anyone who needs to reach me. Please request a copy of your medical records from The Angeles Clinic and they can then be transfered to The Beverly Hills Cancer Center's state of the art electronic medical record. The Beverly Hills Cancer Center(BHCC) can help facilitate this for you.

The BHCC is 1 stop shopping with patient care, imaging including MRI, PETCT, Breast MRI, bone scans etc., a beautiful infusion center for chemotherapy, radiation oncology, surgical oncology, full lab, research clnical trials, psychosocial support and nutrition. A more formal letter will come soon but I know many of you have been waiting to see me for some time. I would be honored to resume your care. I look forward to reconnecting with you soon.

Warmest regards,

Steven Steven J. O'Day MD Director, The Los Angeles Skin Cancer Institute Director, Clinical Research The Beverly Hills Cancer Center 8900 Wilshire Blvd Beverly Hills CA 90211 310-432-8900 [email protected] Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine USC Adjunct Professor, John Wayne Cancer Institute

killmel
                                                        Participant

Email from Dr. O'day!

Hi,

Warmest regards,

Lauren S. Sutton
                                                          Participant

I am curious too where he is at. Must be something serious. For a doctor to not be in touch with his patients and with this much silence maybe its political or a dispute. I know big corporate companies when a person leaves you can not be in touch with clients for a certain amount of time. Another example Conan OBrien with NBC suit could not do anything for 6 months.Anyone that is upset, do not take it personal like he did not care. Keep positive with your inner energy.

Lauren S. Sutton
                                                            Participant

davet
                                                            Participant

I have been in contact with Dr. O'Day.  He can be reached via e-mail at [email protected]

davet
                                                              Participant

Viewing 4 reply threads
                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics