The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

What’s next if Yervoy+Opdivo to CR but it’s back again?

Forums General Melanoma Community What’s next if Yervoy+Opdivo to CR but it’s back again?

Participant
      My mum stage 4 got Yervoy+Opdivo last year May, then remain on Opdivo.
      It started to work around August and approached to CR this spring.
      But now it got back again from CT scan. So it seems Opdivo does not work for us anymore.

Have you encountered this? Should we get back to Yervoy?
      Suggestions and experience sharing are welcomed.
      BIG THANK YOU!

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        EllieS
        Participant
          Hope there is no reoccurrence. Is your mum BRAF positive? I had disease progression after Yervoy and Opdivo. Because I am BRAF positive the next step was BRAF target therapy, Tafinlar /Mekinist. I have been NED on this combo for two years! Good luck to you and your mom!
            mrhubahuba
            Participant
              I just started braf drugs and I was curious how long you have to stay on those drugs?

Cheers
              John

EllieS
            Participant
              Is your mum BRAF positive? I had disease progression after Yervoy and Opdivo. Because I am BRAF positive the next step was BRAF target therapy, Tafinlar /Mekinist. I have been NED on this combo for two years! Good luck to you and your mom!
          Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics