The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

What to do following a year of success, then progression with Keytruda

Forums General Melanoma Community What to do following a year of success, then progression with Keytruda

Participant

So it looks like this may be the end of the road on Keytruda for me. I’ve had a more than 50% reduction in my Mets (mostly the lungs, liver and lymph nodes) on Keytruda, but recently had a medium sized new met pop up in a lymph node, possibly more than one. Looking at my options (based on doctor conversations and lurking), i see

1. Braf/mek inhibitors

2. Chemo or biochemo

3. TIL (although it’s unclear whether my Mets are harvestable)

4. Ipi + maybe Nivo

5. A pd-1 + experimental agent (lag-3, HDAC, IDO….others?) clinical trial

6. Something I’ve not heard of before – systemic vaccines? New mabs?

has anyone here had a durable CR after failing a year of Keytruda (that would be FANTASTIC to hear!)? What did you do? Anybody get a mixed response or durable remission afterwards? Any suggestions from the science-minded folks on here? Honestly BRAF targeted therapy is not very attractive to me since the disease is moving fairly slowly at the moment. I am not pain and/or brief misery averse.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mat
        Participant

I've been stable on ipi-nivo for 18 mos after progressing on Keytruda.  The success rate (stable or better) for patients of this type is around 20 percent based on a small MSK study.

MovingOn
          Participant

Maybe also consider an intralesional (PV-10, T-VEC, others) to zap the lymph node. Doesn’t seem like a failure on Keytruda, most Melanoma has regressed. The lymph node is doing it’s job in catching the migrating melanoma cells. Sounds like you are close to success.

Spl25
              Participant

Thanks – they are hila lymph nodes so I’m not sure if they are accessible 

Twhite00000
              Participant
                The trial I am in may be of interest

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03026517

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics