The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

WBR improvements

Forums General Melanoma Community WBR improvements

I have been so out of it for the past month.  bedridden, throwing up, double vision, siatica nerve in bsck snd neck with seizures…. 

Anxious for changes!  This week everyday there have been imptovments.  Today I sat at the dinner table with my family!  a major triumph!

MRI showed radiation it has shrunk the 2 large tumors. No new growth on the chest tumors from before.   Now we wait for a month and see if more it dies, ince I am seeing healthy improvements now.   (Last 4 days I have seen improvements with my left side!)

I have been so out of it for the past month.  bedridden, throwing up, double vision, siatica nerve in bsck snd neck with seizures…. 

Anxious for changes!  This week everyday there have been imptovments.  Today I sat at the dinner table with my family!  a major triumph!

MRI showed radiation it has shrunk the 2 large tumors. No new growth on the chest tumors from before.   Now we wait for a month and see if more it dies, ince I am seeing healthy improvements now.   (Last 4 days I have seen improvements with my left side!)

Today has been another successful day!  Whoa!  A trip in the car to the doctors appt, sat at the dinner table for the first time in a month with my family; and George, Dad, and Lisa, along with our friend Alwyn helping interpret a tour of the Lukas Klinik and a Hospic im Parc facility in Arlesheim (all just trying to learn about options… but after today’s news not necessary for awhile.

Today’s’ plan is that we will wait one month, stay on the Braf, reduce steroids, start the Linac (STS radiation), wait for more shrinking… then try the Iplimumab ( Yervoy).  Lots of investigation still to do…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Replies
      lhaley
      Participant

So nice to hear good news from you! 

Linda

lhaley
        Participant

So nice to hear good news from you! 

Linda

Cate
          Participant

Glad to hear you are improving!  Take care and sending good thoughts your way.

Cate

Cate
            Participant

Glad to hear you are improving!  Take care and sending good thoughts your way.

Cate

Phil S
              Participant

Great news!! So glad to hear that you are feeling better and stronger with each day.  Enjoy your family and all the wonderful small moments of the day, like a nice dinner together.  I have been following your story on your caring bridge page, and so admire your fight against this disease.  It seems like you have a wonderful, loving, and supportive family.  God Bless!!  Valerie (Phil's wife)

Phil S
                Participant

Great news!! So glad to hear that you are feeling better and stronger with each day.  Enjoy your family and all the wonderful small moments of the day, like a nice dinner together.  I have been following your story on your caring bridge page, and so admire your fight against this disease.  It seems like you have a wonderful, loving, and supportive family.  God Bless!!  Valerie (Phil's wife)

Kim K
                  Participant
                    I am so glad you are improving. It really sucked to hear about your mets and I am glad the radiation is working.

I am also glad you are able to spend good time with family. I was taken aback by your visiting hospice…. I understand but it was sad to read. NOT MY FELLOW lung met buddy!!!!

Hopefully the lung tumor is dead as well…..

Keep on kicking mel’s A$$ 🙂

Hugs from Hawaii,

Kim

Kim K
                    Participant
                      I am so glad you are improving. It really sucked to hear about your mets and I am glad the radiation is working.

I am also glad you are able to spend good time with family. I was taken aback by your visiting hospice…. I understand but it was sad to read. NOT MY FELLOW lung met buddy!!!!

Hopefully the lung tumor is dead as well…..

Keep on kicking mel’s A$$ 🙂

Hugs from Hawaii,

Kim

Viewing 7 reply threads
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics