The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Wayne is leaving for MDANDERSON tomorrow…..

Forums General Melanoma Community Wayne is leaving for MDANDERSON tomorrow…..

Participant

And is not feeling well at all.   I cannot go because I am too ill and I'm anxious after reading such disappointing results for folks on

Zel.     He is still having horrible leg and foot pains.   The strange thing is it hurts the most after he goes to bed.   Shooting pain….terrible,

terrible, CRYING shooting pains.   While he is up on his feet they seem to be better, but the minute he tries to lie down and get rest, they

start and are so very bad.   WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THEM.

And is not feeling well at all.   I cannot go because I am too ill and I'm anxious after reading such disappointing results for folks on

Zel.     He is still having horrible leg and foot pains.   The strange thing is it hurts the most after he goes to bed.   Shooting pain….terrible,

terrible, CRYING shooting pains.   While he is up on his feet they seem to be better, but the minute he tries to lie down and get rest, they

start and are so very bad.   WE DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS CAUSING THEM.

He had the before they did the heart cath and stent 2 weeks ago, so we do not THINK it is related to that.  We know there's a hand/foot

syndrome with Zel, but this is even different from that.   He is worried he may not be able to take full dosage much longer and IF it is

the ZEL causing them.

I'm dreadfully distressed for him to go alone.   We do nothing without each other, but I've just been so sick, I cannot go.  Waiting on knee

surgery soon.    He will fly in and out in one day which will really be hard on him.   LONG DAY !   Thank you for any prayers you might

say for him.     GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL FIERCE FIGHTERS OF THIS MONSTER BEAST ILLNESS !    You are all

HEROES in my book !     LORD, give us all strength to endure these very hard trials.   

Nancy and Wayne (3 X Warrior)   <>< 

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Snickers60
        Participant

My post came out so whacky – SORRY – must be the tears in the way !   :-(((

Snickers60
          Participant

Snickers60
            Participant

awillett1991
                Participant
                  I hope for the best of luck for Wayne. I have neuropathy in my legs from prior biochemo and Zel really aggravates it, seems to always kick in at bedtime. Shooting pains up my legs. I had to go on something so i could sleep. Maybe this is what Wayne has as well. I’m sure Dr B will be able to help.
                  awillett1991
                  Participant
                    and prayers for you both!!
                    awillett1991
                    Participant
                      awillett1991
                      Participant
                        awillett1991
                        Participant
                          I hope for the best of luck for Wayne. I have neuropathy in my legs from prior biochemo and Zel really aggravates it, seems to always kick in at bedtime. Shooting pains up my legs. I had to go on something so i could sleep. Maybe this is what Wayne has as well. I’m sure Dr B will be able to help.
                          awillett1991
                          Participant
                          aldakota22
                          Participant

Just got back on site and really sad to see  Wayne is hurting.Keep fighting and I will keep praying for both of you.Beat the Beast. Al

aldakota22
                            Participant

Just got back on site and really sad to see  Wayne is hurting.Keep fighting and I will keep praying for both of you.Beat the Beast. Al

aldakota22
                              Participant

Snickers60
                                  Participant

He has been taking Zanax for rest – but it does not over-ride the pain.   I have only seen Wayne cry about 3-4 times in 27 years.   Devastating to me.  I'm thinking neurotin is on the way, but he has done so well on Zel that I keep thinking maybe if they reduced the dose just 2 pills a day (he's on 4 X AM and PM) that might help, but Dr. B is NOT INTO reducing dosage though I read others are doing well on a reduced dosage.  I hate to see him on even more drugs – but you do what you have to do.   I just wish he no longer had to work.   2 more years to retirement.   I so wish he could, at least, be home to suffer, and not in such a stressful situation at work.   :-((((

How active are you guys ?   Wayne makes it through work – hits sofa – then bed – and that's it.  Weekends we try to KEEP DATE DAY on Saturday to do something really enjoyable – at least lunch – when WE BOTH CAN, but he's pretty wiped the rest of the time.  

Thank you for your prayers and pray for all of you.   

P.S.    HIS HAIR IS COMING BACK……..:-))    Curly as can be.    Looks like a newborn babe.   Coming back on chest some too.    Thank God for small blessings.     That helps his feelings.    

KEEP THE FAITH !!!!!

Nancy (devoted wife of 3 X Warrior Wayne)  <><

Snickers60
                                    Participant

He has been taking Zanax for rest – but it does not over-ride the pain.   I have only seen Wayne cry about 3-4 times in 27 years.   Devastating to me.  I'm thinking neurotin is on the way, but he has done so well on Zel that I keep thinking maybe if they reduced the dose just 2 pills a day (he's on 4 X AM and PM) that might help, but Dr. B is NOT INTO reducing dosage though I read others are doing well on a reduced dosage.  I hate to see him on even more drugs – but you do what you have to do.   I just wish he no longer had to work.   2 more years to retirement.   I so wish he could, at least, be home to suffer, and not in such a stressful situation at work.   :-((((

How active are you guys ?   Wayne makes it through work – hits sofa – then bed – and that's it.  Weekends we try to KEEP DATE DAY on Saturday to do something really enjoyable – at least lunch – when WE BOTH CAN, but he's pretty wiped the rest of the time.  

P.S.    HIS HAIR IS COMING BACK……..:-))    Curly as can be.    Looks like a newborn babe.   Coming back on chest some too.    Thank God for small blessings.     That helps his feelings.    

KEEP THE FAITH !!!!!

Snickers60
                                      Participant

KEEP THE FAITH !!!!!

rosa1
                                      Participant

So very sorry to hear this.  Hope he gets some relief from the pain after he sees the doctor.  I'll pray for both of you.  Keep the faith!

Rosa

rosa1
                                        Participant

So very sorry to hear this.  Hope he gets some relief from the pain after he sees the doctor.  I'll pray for both of you.  Keep the faith!

Rosa

rosa1
                                          Participant

Rosa

Tina D
                                            Participant

Oh Nancy… I am so sorry you were unable to travel with him for this. Prying all goes well at the appt and that he gets encouraging news to bring home to celebrate with you ๐Ÿ™‚  I am sure they will take wonderful care of him, but I know you will be so glad to have him back home. We will be anxiously awaiting updates and hoping for good news.

Tina

Tina D
                                              Participant

Oh Nancy… I am so sorry you were unable to travel with him for this. Prying all goes well at the appt and that he gets encouraging news to bring home to celebrate with you ๐Ÿ™‚  I am sure they will take wonderful care of him, but I know you will be so glad to have him back home. We will be anxiously awaiting updates and hoping for good news.

Tina

Tina D
                                                Participant

Tina

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics