The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Wanted to post good news…though hesitantly….

Forums General Melanoma Community Wanted to post good news…though hesitantly….

Participant

I signed on to post yesterday and read the news about Paul and then couldnt…

Woke up today feeling like I wanted to share some good news, but i do so somewhat hesitantly in light of yesterdays tragic news.

As a quick history…..diagnosed 1B sept. 2013, First recurrence in Nov of 2014, in same spot as primary, considered "instransit", restaged to  3B…… did vaccine trial ……had 2nd recurrence Nov. 2015…..same….this time did short course hi dose radiation…..(dec-jan 2016)…..then started Leukine injections (march 2016)….though i know most poeple wil say leukine hasnt been shown to have any benefiit when used alone…..i am in my last cycle and about to finish the year long treatment.

Tuesday had Brain MRI, and CTs of neck, chest, ab, and pelvis…

I am thrilled to say they were all CLEAR…..and onc's words were "scans are perfect, you are cancer free".

Will stay on 6 month scan schedule and hope things stay this way….I am now 1 year and 3 months out from last recurrence…..(3.5 years from initial stage 1 diagnosis)  this is a good milestone since first two recurrences each happened about a year apart.

We all know this disease is tricky and can come back any time in any way…

For now though, I am going to enjoy the good news, and try and be a little less worried, at least until the next round of scans.

I wish posting good news didnt make me so sad for so many others here….

Best to everyone….

jenny

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        Patrisa
        Participant

Dear Jenny,

don't ever think we are not thrilled to read such great news! I am so happy for you, may it last forever!

This kind of posts are beyond neccessary, they bring sooo much hope!

thank you for posting…

Patrisa

iskitwo
          Participant

That is great new!! It's so important to post the good along with the bad. The good keeps the hope alive!! Best wishes for many more clear scans!!

welcome32
              Participant

That is Wonderful news……We all need hope……Wishing you nothing but clear scans ahead!!!

SABKLYN
              Participant

Terrific!!  My opinion is all the good hopeful and helpful news is a benefit to us all.  

ryanbkyle
                Participant

That's great news for you, and very encouraging to others at the same time.  I'm so happy for you.

ryanbkyle
                  Participant

That's great news for you, and very encouraging to others at the same time.  I'm so happy for you.

youngann
                    Participant

excellent news, Jenny. We need as much good news as possible so it gives us all something to aim for. Thank you for sharing.

Ann

Bradley75
                      Participant

Good news fuels the fight against this disease for me.  It gives hope and a welcomed break from the sadness we seem to be faced with all the time.  God Bless you and my prayer is clear scans from here on for you.  Thank you for sharing your news.

Brad

Scooby123
                        Participant
                          Hi Jen so pleased for you hun.enjoy your life and nice to have scans in 6 months . Hope one day i get told no cancer.xxx
                          tschmith
                          Participant

I'm truly happy for you.  Sharing good news is so important and I you continue to have perfect scans!!!! 

Yah, Jenny!

Terrie

mdoh
                            Participant

Two beautiful words "all clear"! Great news for you and for all of us warriors. Congrats.

maperny
                              Participant

Wonderful!

that is wonderful news, I need to read those to keep faith! So thanks for posting and blessings to you!!

Bubbles
                                Participant

Oh, Jenny!!  I am ever so pleased for you!!!  This has been hard won and none is more deserving!  Sing it to the roof tops, girl!!!  Sing it!!! love, c

jenny22
                                  Participant

Just wanted to say thank you for all the responses, kind words and good wishes!!!!  I am certainly very much aware that anything can happen and i am only a little over year out, but i think we all like good news and appreciate these milestones….so for now i am going to embrace good healt, clera scans, and continue to send all my best thoughts to all!!!!

Thank you again….this is one amazing group for sure!

Momofjake
                                    Participant

Jenny,

Love this news! I know it's so hard to share good news when so much heartache is shared. I was so sad to log on and see Paul and Charles had lost their fight. It's so sad. Jake is good too. Not cancer free…but good. 

Happy for you. Really happy.

Kerri

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics