The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Vulvar Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Vulvar Melanoma

Participant

Anybody still out there?? It's been a while.

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        Everymoment
        Participant

Yep, I'm still kicking. About 5 years out now. How are you? 

mary1233
            Participant

I have mucosal melanoma originating in the vagina (close) and am almost one year post surgry. I went six rounds of chemo with temodar and cisplatin and they tell me I am in remission although they can't tell me if the chemo was at all beneficial.

Considering an average four year survival – I think you are my role model at the moment.

Are you following the immunotherapy research?  

Good luck to all.

Anna

mary1233
              Participant

I have mucosal melanoma originating in the vagina (close) and am almost one year post surgry. I went six rounds of chemo with temodar and cisplatin and they tell me I am in remission although they can't tell me if the chemo was at all beneficial.

Considering an average four year survival – I think you are my role model at the moment.

Good luck to all.

Anna

mary1233
                Participant

Good luck to all.

Anna

Everymoment
                Participant

Everymoment
                  Participant

Mary-E
                    Participant

I'm almost 4 years out from Vulvar stage 3…no treatment other than surgery.  Feeling very lucky!

Mary-E
                      Participant

I'm almost 4 years out from Vulvar stage 3…no treatment other than surgery.  Feeling very lucky!

Mary-E
                        Participant

LB in Seattle
                          Participant
                            Just joined this forum. My primary was on my left labia minora; had a partial radical vulvectomy and clean sentinel nodes in January 2019, just had a recurrent in my lymph nodes a year and a half later, surgery to dissect them out three weeks ago.. About to start some kind of immune therapy- discussion with doc on 10/27, probably Opdivo. Was staged at 1B at time of initial diagnosis, and doc says that because this was considered a local recurrence rather than a met that my staging hasn’t changed- but the risk of a met has now gone up.

So it’s good to find other women who’ve had vulvar melanoma, given its rarity. My father died of this disease before there were immune therapies. Do any of you also have a parent who had melanoma? My doc thinks that mine must be genetic given the site, but I don’t test positive for any of the known genetic factors.

Viewing 6 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics