The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Vision changes with immunotherapy

Forums General Melanoma Community Vision changes with immunotherapy

Participant
      Has anyone had vision problems with immunotherapy? My vision seems to have changed since I first started immunotherapy a few months ago.
    Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        bethy62
        Participant
          I did Interferon in 2010/2011 & developed floaters in my right eye. They pretty much did not bother me for years. After my 3 monthly treatment of Nivolumab they are back and many times my eyes feel irritated, like being in s smoke filled room. I use a OTC gel.eye dropand if very itchy will take Benadryl.
          Linny
          Participant
            I would bring this up with the doctor. Our immune systems are rather tricky and immunotherapy can cause the body to attack things other than cancer cells. It may be nothing, but since it’s your eyes that are troubling you, you may want to get this checked out. Better safe than sorry.
            cjm22
            Participant
              Are you getting regular MRIs? I’d bring it up with the doctor for sure.

Immunotherapy seems to have all kinds of crazy side effects so I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s affected your vision! But vision changes can also be a sign of something happening in the brain.

marta010
              Participant
                My husband has had Uveitis several times while on immunotherapy and while on Braf therapy.
                Baby_Girl
                Participant
                  Can I ask what type of vision changes you have had? I felt like mine changed too but just went to eye doctor and everything is the same. I have same prescription as I had 5 years ago. I do think I feel a little more sensitive to light but that may just be all in my head.
                  Captain Serious
                  Participant
                    Have to ask: is there anything else going on with your drugs, side-effects, etc. that might indicate high blood sugar? Mine got so high shortly after pembro treatment that I thought I was going blind. I was, in a sense, but issue attributable to elevated glucose. In my case,was a secondary / tertiary side-effect. Pembro begat a host of side-effects, lIchen planus (super-rash) among them. Then came steroids to treat, then elevated blood sugar which indirectly changed focal length of lens. Returned to normal after treatment. Just a thought.
                Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics