The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Vacation

Forums General Melanoma Community Vacation

Participant

I'm stage 4 with mets to liver getting yervoy and nivo second round next week. I want to plan a surprise trip to Disney for my children and grandchildren but afraid to plan ahead for April . So far I feel great except for nausea . Anybody with suggestions 

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        arthurjedi007
        Participant

Get travel insurance just encase you have to cancel so you aren't stuck with the bill.

Otherwise I would say go for it as long as your relatives are ok with cancelling or going without you. Hmm not sure how to handle the surprise part. But the way I look at it this disease takes so much from a lot of us so if you feel like doing something then do it while you can.

Artie

AnitaLoree
            Participant

Dear Debbie: We say go for it and plan for the future. We are positive about being able to take our grandkids on a big trip in late 2016.  Second Artie's suggestions. Sorry about the nausea. Have you tried ginger root? Take as a tea or crystallized form, except consider the sugar.  Preparing for my husband's switch from Keytruda to Yervoy/Opdivo next week and somewhat anxious re SE's. Keep us posted how you do, what works. Best wishes. A.L.

AnitaLoree
              Participant

Dear Debbie: We say go for it and plan for the future. We are positive about being able to take our grandkids on a big trip in late 2016.  Second Artie's suggestions. Sorry about the nausea. Have you tried ginger root? Take as a tea or crystallized form, except consider the sugar.  Preparing for my husband's switch from Keytruda to Yervoy/Opdivo next week and somewhat anxious re SE's. Keep us posted how you do, what works. Best wishes. A.L.

AnitaLoree
                Participant

arthurjedi007
                Participant

Get travel insurance just encase you have to cancel so you aren't stuck with the bill.

Otherwise I would say go for it as long as your relatives are ok with cancelling or going without you. Hmm not sure how to handle the surprise part. But the way I look at it this disease takes so much from a lot of us so if you feel like doing something then do it while you can.

Artie

arthurjedi007
                  Participant

Artie

sweetaugust
                    Participant

I know exactly how you feel.  I started Keytruda/Pembro 3 years ago after the melanoma had spread throughout many lymph nodes and there was a mass on my liver.  I wasn't even sure if I should get a gym membership as I wasn't sure if I would be healthy enough to go to the gym in a months time.

I too really handled the drug well, except for the random nausea and the itchy rash.  Both of which started right after starting Keytruda.  I had started it on Halloween of 2012.  And I planned a trip to the Caribbean for that Feb.  I ended up being healthy and had a great time.   I've really been quite healthy throughout my entire 3 years on Keytruda.  

So go enjoy life and your family.  But yes, get the travel insurance just in case you need to cancel.  

All my best, Laurie

sweetaugust
                      Participant

I know exactly how you feel.  I started Keytruda/Pembro 3 years ago after the melanoma had spread throughout many lymph nodes and there was a mass on my liver.  I wasn't even sure if I should get a gym membership as I wasn't sure if I would be healthy enough to go to the gym in a months time.

I too really handled the drug well, except for the random nausea and the itchy rash.  Both of which started right after starting Keytruda.  I had started it on Halloween of 2012.  And I planned a trip to the Caribbean for that Feb.  I ended up being healthy and had a great time.   I've really been quite healthy throughout my entire 3 years on Keytruda.  

So go enjoy life and your family.  But yes, get the travel insurance just in case you need to cancel.  

All my best, Laurie

sweetaugust
                        Participant

All my best, Laurie

Viewing 5 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics