The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Updated Cancer Resource List

Forums General Melanoma Community Updated Cancer Resource List

Participant

It's been a VERY long time since I've been here.  Losing Eric was one of the hardest things I've ever been through in my entire life.  It's only by the grace of God that I made it through the first year, but I'm here.  Today I updated the Cancer Resource List on my blog for patients who are going through treatment.  I hope you find this helpful.

http://melanomasucks.blogspot.com/2012/10/resources-for-cancer-patients.html

It's been a VERY long time since I've been here.  Losing Eric was one of the hardest things I've ever been through in my entire life.  It's only by the grace of God that I made it through the first year, but I'm here.  Today I updated the Cancer Resource List on my blog for patients who are going through treatment.  I hope you find this helpful.

http://melanomasucks.blogspot.com/2012/10/resources-for-cancer-patients.html

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        Becky
        Participant

That looks like a great list. Thanks for taking the time to do this..it must have been a difficult year for you.

Becky

Becky
          Participant

That looks like a great list. Thanks for taking the time to do this..it must have been a difficult year for you.

Becky

Becky
            Participant

Becky

Phil S
              Participant
                Jill, Thanks for the list, looks helpful! Glad to know you felt God’s strength during this difficult year! You and Eric had an incredible story and faced his battle with melanoma with grace, determination, and faith! I hope you are finding some JOY again. God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                  EricNJill
                  Participant

Thank you very much.  Although I miss him so incredibly and my life will never be the same as it was when he was here, I have found joy.  Somedays are still rough but I'm slowly picking up the pieces and learning how to live again.  Thank you.

EricNJill
                    Participant

Thank you very much.  Although I miss him so incredibly and my life will never be the same as it was when he was here, I have found joy.  Somedays are still rough but I'm slowly picking up the pieces and learning how to live again.  Thank you.

EricNJill
                      Participant

Phil S
                      Participant
                        Jill, Thanks for the list, looks helpful! Glad to know you felt God’s strength during this difficult year! You and Eric had an incredible story and faced his battle with melanoma with grace, determination, and faith! I hope you are finding some JOY again. God bless, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                        Phil S
                        Participant
                          Fen
                          Participant

Thank you for posting an update and the useful info.  God Bless.  Fen

Fen
                            Participant

Fen
                              Participant

gabsound
                                Participant
                                  Jill,

It is so nice to see a post from you. I cried so hard when Eric died. Your husband went through so much and you were such an advocate and so supportive. I’m glad you are finding the strength to move forward. He has moved on, on the rest of his journey and you are too. I’m sure you miss him.

Thank you for the resource list. You did a great job compiling it.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                  Participant
                                    Jill,

It is so nice to see a post from you. I cried so hard when Eric died. Your husband went through so much and you were such an advocate and so supportive. I’m glad you are finding the strength to move forward. He has moved on, on the rest of his journey and you are too. I’m sure you miss him.

Julie in Las Vegas

gabsound
                                    Participant
                                      Jill,

Julie in Las Vegas

MichaelFL
                                        Participant

With all due respect, this is part of a bigger list that was researched and compiled by someone else on MPIP over 3 1/2 years ago.

MichaelFL
                                          Participant

With all due respect, this is part of a bigger list that was researched and compiled by someone else on MPIP over 3 1/2 years ago.

MichaelFL
                                            Participant

EricNJill
                                              Participant

As a matter of fact it is a part of that list.  I deleted resources that are no longer available and researched and added resources that I found that were not on the list.

EricNJill
                                                Participant

As a matter of fact it is a part of that list.  I deleted resources that are no longer available and researched and added resources that I found that were not on the list.

EricNJill
                                                  Participant

EricNJill
                                                    Participant

And by the way if there was a "bigger" list, I have not seen it.  I added to and updated the list I saw a couple of years ago.

EricNJill
                                                      Participant

And by the way if there was a "bigger" list, I have not seen it.  I added to and updated the list I saw a couple of years ago.

EricNJill
                                                        Participant

Swanee
                                                          Participant

…..with all due respect, who cares!   I've never seen this list and I am grateful that it was updated, revised and reposted.  Whoever the original poster was, I'm sure… would be grateful too, for  what they started and somebody else continued to improve upon and keep current.   We're in a battle here for our lives, whatever we can do to support each other and broaden our knowledge of care and support is a good thing……give thanks!

God Bless Jill that she cares so much about all of us here to  continue helping us in anyway she can.

Swanee

Swanee
                                                            Participant

…..with all due respect, who cares!   I've never seen this list and I am grateful that it was updated, revised and reposted.  Whoever the original poster was, I'm sure… would be grateful too, for  what they started and somebody else continued to improve upon and keep current.   We're in a battle here for our lives, whatever we can do to support each other and broaden our knowledge of care and support is a good thing……give thanks!

God Bless Jill that she cares so much about all of us here to  continue helping us in anyway she can.

Swanee

Swanee
                                                              Participant

Swanee

mel123
                                                              Participant

Jill,

I am new to this board as of a few weeks ago, so I wasn't around when Eric was fighting his fight, but after seeing this post I read a little of your blog and just want to say I am so sorry for your loss. I can't find the words to express how touched I am by the few posts I read on your blog, and how amazed I am at the strength both of you have showed, and how completely awesome it is that you glorified God through everything you've been through. I hope you continue to find strength and peace in the Lord. Thank you for sharing yours and Eric's story, and thank you for sharing the updated resource list.

Melissa

mel123
                                                                Participant

Jill,

I am new to this board as of a few weeks ago, so I wasn't around when Eric was fighting his fight, but after seeing this post I read a little of your blog and just want to say I am so sorry for your loss. I can't find the words to express how touched I am by the few posts I read on your blog, and how amazed I am at the strength both of you have showed, and how completely awesome it is that you glorified God through everything you've been through. I hope you continue to find strength and peace in the Lord. Thank you for sharing yours and Eric's story, and thank you for sharing the updated resource list.

Melissa

mel123
                                                                  Participant

Jill,

Melissa

NYKaren
                                                                      Participant

Dear Jill,

Thank you so much for posting.  It's really wonderful to hear your update and for you to still be kind enough to post helpful information.

Warmly,

Karen

NYKaren
                                                                        Participant

Dear Jill,

Thank you so much for posting.  It's really wonderful to hear your update and for you to still be kind enough to post helpful information.

Warmly,

Karen

NYKaren
                                                                          Participant

Dear Jill,

Warmly,

Karen

CarolA
                                                                          Participant

Dear Jill,  Thank you for this thorough compilation.    Your thoughtful consideration to do this for us is so kind, it must have taken you quite a while to finish this.   Eric's journey, with you so lovingly by his side, touched our hearts.  It is good to hear from you.   Take care.

CarolA

CarolA
                                                                            Participant

Dear Jill,  Thank you for this thorough compilation.    Your thoughtful consideration to do this for us is so kind, it must have taken you quite a while to finish this.   Eric's journey, with you so lovingly by his side, touched our hearts.  It is good to hear from you.   Take care.

CarolA

CarolA
                                                                              Participant

CarolA

swissfarm7
                                                                                Participant

Thank you, Jill!   May the Peace that passes all understanding be with you.

Warmly,

Colleen

swissfarm7
                                                                                  Participant

Warmly,

Colleen

swissfarm7
                                                                                    Participant

Warmly,

Colleen

bikerwife
                                                                                      Participant

Jill thank u for posting that my husband has been battling for year so this list is new to me and is very helpful. ive allready applied for a couple of them. Stay strong i cant imagine how u feel but thought of all of us. very thoughtful

bikerwife
                                                                                        Participant

Jill thank u for posting that my husband has been battling for year so this list is new to me and is very helpful. ive allready applied for a couple of them. Stay strong i cant imagine how u feel but thought of all of us. very thoughtful

bikerwife
                                                                                          Participant

Swanee
                                                                                            Participant

Dear Jill,

It is so good to see a post from you.  As you experienced from your time here on MPIP, there are newbies and oldies and  how important it is for all of us here, to see the families left behind  by this disease, to come back with continued  hope and help for all of us here,  your MPIP family.   We truly love and appreciate your care and thoughtfullness.  This is an amazing list,  which I have never seen, so thank you for this gift to all of us.  It is again, so kind of you to remember us and post this helpful resource.  

Blessings to you Jill and continued healing, please stay in touch!

Swanee

Swanee
                                                                                              Participant

Dear Jill,

It is so good to see a post from you.  As you experienced from your time here on MPIP, there are newbies and oldies and  how important it is for all of us here, to see the families left behind  by this disease, to come back with continued  hope and help for all of us here,  your MPIP family.   We truly love and appreciate your care and thoughtfullness.  This is an amazing list,  which I have never seen, so thank you for this gift to all of us.  It is again, so kind of you to remember us and post this helpful resource.  

Swanee

Swanee
                                                                                                Participant

Dear Jill,

Swanee

MeNDave
                                                                                                  Participant

It's so good to see you post Jill.  And to see that you are still advocating for mel patients.  I haven't kept up on treatments since David passed, but I hope someday that I can pick up where I left off –

I hope you are doing OK.

Hugs,

Maria

MeNDave
                                                                                                    Participant

It's so good to see you post Jill.  And to see that you are still advocating for mel patients.  I haven't kept up on treatments since David passed, but I hope someday that I can pick up where I left off –

I hope you are doing OK.

Hugs,

Maria

MeNDave
                                                                                                      Participant

I hope you are doing OK.

Hugs,

Maria

polo
                                                                                                        Participant

Hey thanks for the updates to help others in need i love my girlfriend very much and trying to understand this whole thing and find current info to beat this cancer. God Bless you and your loved ones. Very nice of you.

polo
                                                                                                          Participant

Hey thanks for the updates to help others in need i love my girlfriend very much and trying to understand this whole thing and find current info to beat this cancer. God Bless you and your loved ones. Very nice of you.

polo
                                                                                                            Participant

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics