The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update – Wish me luck

Forums General Melanoma Community Update – Wish me luck

Participant

Two things, trying to go to Colorado for a daughters wedding.  @ have gotten delayed leaving because my bloodwork is so bad that they have requested that we not leave driving out until I get a blood transfusion.  Wife has to make wedding dress and other wedding wear after we get there.  I feel fair but always very tired and have been sleeping 10-14 hours most days.  My Oncologist wants me to stop taking the Gleevec for a while and see if the blood levels straighten out.  Hope to contact ya'll later, Good People.

Two things, trying to go to Colorado for a daughters wedding.  @ have gotten delayed leaving because my bloodwork is so bad that they have requested that we not leave driving out until I get a blood transfusion.  Wife has to make wedding dress and other wedding wear after we get there.  I feel fair but always very tired and have been sleeping 10-14 hours most days.  My Oncologist wants me to stop taking the Gleevec for a while and see if the blood levels straighten out.  Hope to contact ya'll later, Good People.

Viewing 47 reply threads
    • Replies
        Ali
        Participant

Good luck!!  Hope you get the energy you need for a wedding day!!

Ali
          Participant

Ali
            Participant

Janner
              Participant

I hope you can get back some of your energy, Jerry.  You need to get to Colorado for that wedding!  I just hope no horses will be involved….  😉

Best wishes,

Janner

deardad
                  Participant

Dido from me….get to that wedding.

All the best

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                    Participant

All the best

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                      Participant

All the best

Nahmi from Melbourne

Janner
                      Participant

I hope you can get back some of your energy, Jerry.  You need to get to Colorado for that wedding!  I just hope no horses will be involved….  😉

Best wishes,

Janner

Janner
                        Participant

Best wishes,

Janner

hope4cure1
                          Participant

Jerry, I hope you know that many are pulling for you!

Hope

hope4cure1
                            Participant

Hope

hope4cure1
                              Participant

Hope

aldakota22
                                Participant

Praying that the blood transfusion gets you back the energy you need for daughters wedding.Now go practice your dance moves for dance with daddys little girl.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                                  Participant

Praying that the blood transfusion gets you back the energy you need for daughters wedding.Now go practice your dance moves for dance with daddys little girl.Beat the Beast.   Al

aldakota22
                                    Participant

awillett1991
                                      Participant
                                        Best of luck Jerry! I bet you will feel loads better after the transfusion, I always did – had several during biochemo.
                                        awillett1991
                                        Participant
                                          Best of luck Jerry! I bet you will feel loads better after the transfusion, I always did – had several during biochemo.
                                          awillett1991
                                          Participant
                                            Lori C
                                            Participant

Congrats on the wedding and healing thoughts & prayers to you!

Lori, caregiver to Will

Lori C
                                              Participant

Lori, caregiver to Will

Lori C
                                                Participant

Lori, caregiver to Will

mom3girlsFL
                                                  Participant

Hi Jerry,

Thinking about you and sending best wishes!  Get the rest when you need it and get to that wedding!

🙂 Laurie

mom3girlsFL
                                                    Participant

Hi Jerry,

Thinking about you and sending best wishes!  Get the rest when you need it and get to that wedding!

🙂 Laurie

mom3girlsFL
                                                      Participant

Hi Jerry,

🙂 Laurie

jim Breitfeller
                                                        Participant
                                                          Stay away from horses!!!!!

Jimmy b

jim Breitfeller
                                                          Participant

Jimmy b

jim Breitfeller
                                                            Participant

Jimmy b

Rebecca and Bob
                                                              Participant

Jerry,

Wishing the best for you. You have always been such an inspiration to all of us here. Make that wedding, have fun and praying for you that your bloodwork straightens out. We need people like you here so keep fighting!

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                Participant

Jerry,

Wishing the best for you. You have always been such an inspiration to all of us here. Make that wedding, have fun and praying for you that your bloodwork straightens out. We need people like you here so keep fighting!

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                  Participant

Jerry,

Rebecca

NYKaren
                                                                      Participant

Jerry, congrats on your daughter's wedding.

I hope the transfusion gives you energy–we'll all be thinking of you.

karen

NYKaren
                                                                        Participant

karen

NYKaren
                                                                          Participant

karen

jcmp
                                                                          Participant

Jerry,

You are a beacon of hope and inspiration.  Hope you feel better quickly so that you can enjoy your trip. 

jcmp
                                                                            Participant

Jerry,

You are a beacon of hope and inspiration.  Hope you feel better quickly so that you can enjoy your trip. 

jcmp
                                                                              Participant

Jerry,

triciad
                                                                                Participant

Jerry,

Congratulations on your daughter's impending nuptials.  You're in my prayers!  Feel good and have fun at the wedding!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                  Participant

Jerry,

Congratulations on your daughter's impending nuptials.  You're in my prayers!  Feel good and have fun at the wedding!

Tricia

triciad
                                                                                    Participant

Jerry,

Tricia

s Mom
                                                                                      Participant

HAVE FUN!!  

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

s Mom
                                                                                        Participant

HAVE FUN!!  

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

s Mom
                                                                                          Participant

HAVE FUN!!  

Jeff's Mom (Bridgette)

lhaley
                                                                                            Participant

Hope you get to Colorado safely.  Enjoy!!!!   I hope they just give you short break from Gleevic, you've been doing so well!

Linda

lhaley
                                                                                              Participant

Hope you get to Colorado safely.  Enjoy!!!!   I hope they just give you short break from Gleevic, you've been doing so well!

Linda

lhaley
                                                                                                Participant

Linda

kbrenner
                                                                                                  Participant

I hope you are able to make your daughter's wedding Jerry, and hope you are feeling good for it also.  You told me to keep you updated, so I wanted to let you know I had my surgery Monday and found out yesterday that the test results came back clear.  The Dr. said it looks like they got everything when they did the biopsy, so I feel much better.  My head hurts and my leg is sore were they took the skin graft, but otherwise doing good.  Let us know how the wedding goes, I'm sure it will be beautiful and I'm praying you'll be there.

Kari

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                      Participant

Amazing what a little soreness can do to ease ones mind.   Like that news.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                        Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                          Participant

kbrenner
                                                                                                          Participant

I hope you are able to make your daughter's wedding Jerry, and hope you are feeling good for it also.  You told me to keep you updated, so I wanted to let you know I had my surgery Monday and found out yesterday that the test results came back clear.  The Dr. said it looks like they got everything when they did the biopsy, so I feel much better.  My head hurts and my leg is sore were they took the skin graft, but otherwise doing good.  Let us know how the wedding goes, I'm sure it will be beautiful and I'm praying you'll be there.

Kari

kbrenner
                                                                                                            Participant

Kari

rbruce
                                                                                                              Participant

Congratulations on your daughters wedding!  I know you'll be there for it with bells on.  Please know that you've got tons of people praying and pulling for you.  God Bless,  Robert B,

rbruce
                                                                                                                Participant

Congratulations on your daughters wedding!  I know you'll be there for it with bells on.  Please know that you've got tons of people praying and pulling for you.  God Bless,  Robert B,

rbruce
                                                                                                                  Participant

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                    Participant

Thursday, I got two bags of concentrated red blood cells and slept most of Friday.  Feel a litte a better and less brian fog.  Still much more tired than I like.  Thanks for all your prayers and best wishes.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                      Participant

Thursday, I got two bags of concentrated red blood cells and slept most of Friday.  Feel a litte a better and less brian fog.  Still much more tired than I like.  Thanks for all your prayers and best wishes.

JerryfromFauq
                                                                                                                        Participant

Viewing 47 reply threads
                                                                                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                                                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics