The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Update – we’re calling it.

Forums General Melanoma Community Update – we’re calling it.

Participant

Hi All,

After  over 3 years of fighting this dreadful disease it's finally won the battle.

Last Saturday Jason lost any feeling in his legs suddenly and after being rushed to the ER we discovered through MRI that a tumour in his spine has compressed his cord beyond repair. With all the previous surgery and radiation there is nothing more they can do.

4 clinical trials, 2 rounds of chemo cocktails and a lot of radiation to his spine and brain and we're done.

Strangely he said, it's a relief to finally know what comes next.

Hi All,

After  over 3 years of fighting this dreadful disease it's finally won the battle.

Last Saturday Jason lost any feeling in his legs suddenly and after being rushed to the ER we discovered through MRI that a tumour in his spine has compressed his cord beyond repair. With all the previous surgery and radiation there is nothing more they can do.

4 clinical trials, 2 rounds of chemo cocktails and a lot of radiation to his spine and brain and we're done.

Strangely he said, it's a relief to finally know what comes next.

My doctors are going to try and deliver our baby 3 weeks early ( first week of Feb) so he will hopefully have some time with him before he dies.

We're home now with great hospice care and spending some time together.

thanks for al your support over the last few years, keep up the fight. I truly believe that this disease will be cured sooner than we think.

Emily

Viewing 32 reply threads
    • Replies
        washoegal
        Participant

Emily,

My heart goes out to you and Jason and hopefully soon your new baby.  So much to deal with.  Take care of yourself and may Jason have a relative pain free passage.

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
          Participant

Emily,

My heart goes out to you and Jason and hopefully soon your new baby.  So much to deal with.  Take care of yourself and may Jason have a relative pain free passage.

Mary

Stage 3

washoegal
            Participant

Emily,

Mary

Stage 3

lhaley
              Participant

Emily,

I'm sorry it has come to this point but I do understand how much Mike has gone through.  I do hope that he is out of pain and gets to spend some time with the baby.  You have so many emotional issues to deal right now. Take care of yourself also.

Let hospice as much as you can.

Linda

lhaley
                  Participant

After I sent this message I realized I put down the wrong name, I'm sorry of not using Jason's name.  Then it sent several message and have had a difficult time for this to go through.  Dealing with my brain edema has made a few things more difficult.

Linda

lhaley
                    Participant

After I sent this message I realized I put down the wrong name, I'm sorry of not using Jason's name.  Then it sent several message and have had a difficult time for this to go through.  Dealing with my brain edema has made a few things more difficult.

Linda

lhaley
                      Participant

Linda

lhaley
                      Participant

Emily,

I'm sorry it has come to this point but I do understand how much Mike has gone through.  I do hope that he is out of pain and gets to spend some time with the baby.  You have so many emotional issues to deal right now. Take care of yourself also.

Linda

lhaley
                        Participant

Emily,

Linda

Phil S
                          Participant
                            Emily, I hope that Jason is without pain and that hospice helps you keep him comfortable along the way. Please take care of yourself, you have to be tired after all these months of battle. I hope the baby comes soon, and is happy and healthy, and fills your time with joyous moments. Jason will truly live on in your son! May Jason have a peaceful next step in his battle, God Bless You Both, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                            Phil S
                            Participant
                              Emily, I hope that Jason is without pain and that hospice helps you keep him comfortable along the way. Please take care of yourself, you have to be tired after all these months of battle. I hope the baby comes soon, and is happy and healthy, and fills your time with joyous moments. Jason will truly live on in your son! May Jason have a peaceful next step in his battle, God Bless You Both, Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                              Phil S
                              Participant
                                hope4cure1
                                Participant

Emily, I admire your and Jason's strength and love for each other. Your baby will be the most wonderful gift to you both, as you are to your baby. It sounds like hospice is providing you with good supportive care.  I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers as you spend some very special time together.

Hope

hope4cure1
                                  Participant

Emily, I admire your and Jason's strength and love for each other. Your baby will be the most wonderful gift to you both, as you are to your baby. It sounds like hospice is providing you with good supportive care.  I will hold you in my thoughts and prayers as you spend some very special time together.

Hope

NYKaren
                                      Participant

Emily, please know that my thoughts are with you and Jason.

karen

NYKaren
                                        Participant

karen

NYKaren
                                          Participant

karen

hope4cure1
                                          Participant

Hope

justlittleoleme
                                            Participant
                                              Emily, may God be with you and Jason during this difficult journey. I pray for a beautiful birth and that Jason is with you for all of this. You will be in my prayers.
                                              justlittleoleme
                                              Participant
                                                Emily, may God be with you and Jason during this difficult journey. I pray for a beautiful birth and that Jason is with you for all of this. You will be in my prayers.
                                                justlittleoleme
                                                Participant
                                                  Lori C
                                                  Participant

Emily, it's an extraordinarily difficult thing and you have both fought a tremendous fight.  Prayers to all your family for comfort, peace, and strength.

Lori

Lori C
                                                    Participant

Emily, it's an extraordinarily difficult thing and you have both fought a tremendous fight.  Prayers to all your family for comfort, peace, and strength.

Lori

Lori C
                                                      Participant

Lori

glewis923
                                                        Participant

Dear Emily & Jason-  Our thoughts and prayers are with you…..and Congradulations in advance on your upcoming Baby !!!

glewis923
                                                          Participant

Dear Emily & Jason-  Our thoughts and prayers are with you…..and Congradulations in advance on your upcoming Baby !!!

glewis923
                                                            Participant

MaryD
                                                              Participant

Emily,

I will keep all of you in my prayers during this very difficult time.  I hope that you and Jason are able to have some precious and joyful time with your new baby and that  Jason experiences a peaceful and pain free journey.

Mary

MaryD
                                                                Participant

Emily,

I will keep all of you in my prayers during this very difficult time.  I hope that you and Jason are able to have some precious and joyful time with your new baby and that  Jason experiences a peaceful and pain free journey.

Mary

MaryD
                                                                  Participant

Emily,

Mary

FormerCaregiver
                                                                    Participant

Emily, I am saddened to read this. I can truly understand what Jason means by what he has said re that it's a relief to finally know what comes next.

Remember that you are not alone, so please let us know if there is anything that the people here can help you with.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                      Participant

Emily, I am saddened to read this. I can truly understand what Jason means by what he has said re that it's a relief to finally know what comes next.

Remember that you are not alone, so please let us know if there is anything that the people here can help you with.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                                                                        Participant

Frank from Australia

Kelli100299
                                                                          Participant

Emily…I am new to this forum and sadden to read this about Jason. Know that you both are an inspiration and best wishes to you new addition.

Kelli100299
                                                                            Participant

Emily…I am new to this forum and sadden to read this about Jason. Know that you both are an inspiration and best wishes to you new addition.

Kelli100299
                                                                              Participant

Lauri England
                                                                                Participant

I am very saddened for you.  Prayers are going out to you now.  I do pray that Jason gets some time with your new family addition.  How precious that would be.  Stay strong and know you are not alone. 

Lauri England
                                                                                  Participant

I am very saddened for you.  Prayers are going out to you now.  I do pray that Jason gets some time with your new family addition.  How precious that would be.  Stay strong and know you are not alone. 

deardad
                                                                                      Participant

Dear Emily,

I'm so very sad to hear your news, I am thinking of you and Jason as you face this. 

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                        Participant

Dear Emily,

I'm so very sad to hear your news, I am thinking of you and Jason as you face this. 

Nahmi from Melbourne

deardad
                                                                                          Participant

Dear Emily,

Nahmi from Melbourne

Lauri England
                                                                                          Participant

Viewing 32 reply threads
                                                                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics